Review Highlights
A highly enjoyable hack to the top of a volcano

Alessandro was quick to respond to questions during the booking process. The horses were reluctant... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2020
robrS7199JX
Fantastic from A to Z !

We booked a romantic Excursion in the woods of Etna and it was PERFECT ! The correspondence with... read more

Reviewed June 14, 2019
Alan C
Malta

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Sicily
Sea experience
4 Reviews
from $68.24
from $98.69
from $56.87
from $94.25
More Info
All reviews horse riding sicily horse horses woods ride renato beginners hack loulou etna
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2017

My partner and I went for a half-day ride to an old volcano crater. I'm a fairly experienced rider, but my partner has just recently learned how to trot. We felt very safe with our guide Alessandro, who stayed positive even though it was incredibly warm. Our horses seemed happy and were very nice, well-behaved and sure-footed on the steep slopes up and down the mountain. Our guide thoughtfully brought water for us and also made a stop to give the horses some water.

Since the tour lasted for a couple of hours, I'd recommend bringing appropriate riding gear, or at least a pair of trousers/jeans that aren't shorts. We also brought our own helmets/riding hats, although I'm pretty sure we could have borrowed that if needed.

Booking and admin were pretty smooth, as well as very flexible when it came to arranging a tour that would suit both our experience and our interests. They also helped arrange transfer from our hotel, which was good since the stables might be difficult to find on your own. Another plus is that they have a website with detailed info in several languages. When doing research for travels and tours a good website is invaluable.

Since they are so flexible and good at adjusting the level of riding to suit your experience I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to go horseback riding in Sicily.

Date of experience: August 2017
Manuela S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sicily Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank's a lot , i hope to see you next time.
Ciao!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We booked the holiday on Sicily on very short notice - no problem for Manuela from Sicily Horse Riding.

She provided us a nice apartment close to the beach in Letojanni for a fair price, was very flexible with the riding lessons schedule as well as with our different skill levels - me who used to ride for years when I was young and now had a 7 year long break, and my newlywed husband who had never even touched a horse before.

I was most impressed with the outstanding school horses they have: all of them exceptionally well trained and clearly well taken care of. Not one of them at all comparable to all the numbed, broken school horses you would see in so many other places.

The farm itself also speaks volumes of Manuelas and her teams dedication to it - so many lovely details everywhere in a very tidy stable.

The location is by the way also perfect for great trailrides on Etna or the forests around - with a stunning panoramic view of the sea.

Would definitely recommend it to anyone - and will definitely return for a round trip around Etna - and maybe even to buy a horse from them one day ;)

P.s.: I cant compare their prices to other stables there, but seems more than fair and definitely gives amazing value for money!

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank's a lot Natalie.
I'm very glad to read this words...it is very important for me and for ours association.
We will be very happy to join you and your husband next time.
See you soon.
Manuela

Reviewed July 21, 2017

My 2 daughters and wife did a hack with Alesandro and were very pleased.
Horses are reliable and safe and the owner take great care in what they do. Will definitely use again

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank you very much!
See you next time.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

I came with a group of 8 people to ride for a couple of hours, Manuela was so friendly and relaxed. Our group was made up of mixed ability so she helped the more nervous riders onto the most calm horses and chose a simple route for us to go on through the woods. Next time, with more experience and more confidence we will be back to go on more of an adventure. Couldn't recommend the place, the people and the horses more. Many thanks!!!

Date of experience: April 2017
Manuela S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sicily Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Thank's a lot.
See you next time!!

Reviewed April 24, 2017

The 6day trip from Castelbuono to Catania was a great adventure. Our guide Alessandro, his son and Manuela looked after us in fine style. We stayed in agritourist guest houses who all made us so welcome and provided great food. The dramatic views of Etna as we rode round the foothills were amazing.
A really good holiday - even though the weather ranged from sunshine to snow!

Date of experience: April 2017