Review Highlights
A highly enjoyable hack to the top of a volcano

Alessandro was quick to respond to questions during the booking process. The horses were reluctant... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2020
robrS7199JX
Fantastic from A to Z !

We booked a romantic Excursion in the woods of Etna and it was PERFECT ! The correspondence with... read more

Reviewed June 14, 2019
Alan C
Malta

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Sicily
Sea experience
4 Reviews
from $68.21
from $98.65
from $56.85
from $94.22
More Info
All reviews horse riding sicily horse horses woods ride renato beginners hack loulou etna
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We booked the holiday on Sicily on very short notice - no problem for Manuela from Sicily Horse Riding.

She provided us a nice apartment close to the beach in Letojanni for a fair price, was very flexible with the riding lessons schedule as well as with our different skill levels - me who used to ride for years when I was young and now had a 7 year long break, and my newlywed husband who had never even touched a horse before.

I was most impressed with the outstanding school horses they have: all of them exceptionally well trained and clearly well taken care of. Not one of them at all comparable to all the numbed, broken school horses you would see in so many other places.

The farm itself also speaks volumes of Manuelas and her teams dedication to it - so many lovely details everywhere in a very tidy stable.

The location is by the way also perfect for great trailrides on Etna or the forests around - with a stunning panoramic view of the sea.

Would definitely recommend it to anyone - and will definitely return for a round trip around Etna - and maybe even to buy a horse from them one day ;)

P.s.: I cant compare their prices to other stables there, but seems more than fair and definitely gives amazing value for money!

Date of experience: July 2017
Manuela S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sicily Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank's a lot Natalie.
I'm very glad to read this words...it is very important for me and for ours association.
We will be very happy to join you and your husband next time.
See you soon.
Manuela

Reviewed July 21, 2017

My 2 daughters and wife did a hack with Alesandro and were very pleased.
Horses are reliable and safe and the owner take great care in what they do. Will definitely use again

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank you very much!
See you next time.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

I came with a group of 8 people to ride for a couple of hours, Manuela was so friendly and relaxed. Our group was made up of mixed ability so she helped the more nervous riders onto the most calm horses and chose a simple route for us to go on through the woods. Next time, with more experience and more confidence we will be back to go on more of an adventure. Couldn't recommend the place, the people and the horses more. Many thanks!!!

Date of experience: April 2017
Manuela S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sicily Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Thank's a lot.
See you next time!!

Reviewed April 24, 2017

The 6day trip from Castelbuono to Catania was a great adventure. Our guide Alessandro, his son and Manuela looked after us in fine style. We stayed in agritourist guest houses who all made us so welcome and provided great food. The dramatic views of Etna as we rode round the foothills were amazing.
A really good holiday - even though the weather ranged from sunshine to snow!

1  Thank 2016_jeni
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Spent a marvellous hour this afternoon riding around the Sicilian countryside with my family being escorted by our wonderful guide Alessandro. My wife and I have ridden many times before but it was our sons first time. They made him feel very comfortable for his first time in the saddle and we all thoroughly enjoyed our time. Next time we will definitely be going for longer .... Possibly the winery excursion

Date of experience: April 2017
Manuela S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sicily Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

thank's a lot! See you next time!