The resort is beautiful, has a nice garden, the rooms are OK, clean, the wellness area is sufficient (if there are not to many visitors). Close to Strassburg, but Ostwald itself is nothing to be visited. Even the chlorine smell some Tripadvisor users were complaining about was not there.
But the restaurant service was able to get me very upset:
- unprofessional, because they don't know how to be kind to customers;
- nothing about French "haute cuisine";
- half board to forget. The second dinner I was there, I became exactly the same menu as the evening before, with a choice between the identical 3 dishes). The unfriendly waiter confirmed, they don't use to change the menu. I tryed to say something, but the waiter just went away, didn't want to listen. I wish, my friends had let me go to the Italian pizzeria 200 meters away...
- bad organised serving breakfast, even if they just serve tea or coffee (the rest is on a buffet table for self service). You can see 6-7 waiters just looking around, doing nothing. It happened to me to wait half an hour before the only really working girl found the time to come, ask and serve hot water for tea.
- inconsistent, you ask for example for a drink, the answer coulb be negative. You ask 10 minutes later another guy, of course it is possible to have the same drink!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the gateway to Strasbourg, come and discover the Château de l’Ile and its 62 rooms. Enjoy the charm of its service, its restaurants and its spa, in the heart of a beautifully preserved natural area.The Château de l’Ile also hosts your professional and private events in its 12 reception rooms and outdoors in its delightful grounds.Comfort and tranquillity in the heart of the European capital ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau de L'ile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De l`Ile Hotel Ostwald
- Chateau De l Ile Ostwald
- Chateau De L'Ile Strasbourg/Ostwald, France