“Nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Rheinblick

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Breisach am Rhein
Hotel Rheinblick
Preston, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

For our first stay in Germany the Rhienblick was a good choice. The hotel was well positioned to for exploring the town and it was close to the river. The restaurant had an outside eating area which was great for relaxing and watching the world go by. There was a good selection of local wines at reasonable prices. After spending time in Italy it was refreshing to find a good reasonably priced hotel. The room we had was clean, spacious and quiet situated at the rear of the hotel. The only noise of note was the church bells, great during the day a bit of a surprise when they start to chime at 6 am.
We ate at the restaurant and the food and service were great, we found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
The hotel has its own parking area at the rear, this is good as its off road parking. We really liked the town and would return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lancsprop1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Philadelphia, Pa.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've stayed at the Rheinblick twice and have no complaints at all. The location is very good, in the center of town but not too much in the middle (hard to explain, but you'll understand what I mean if you stay there). A two-minute walk to all the Altstadt shops and restaurants, and maybe three minutes to the Rhine and the riverboat landing.

Parking is very convenient, with a big, free lot behind the hotel (the lot is not obvious from the street, and the driveway is easy to miss if you aren't paying attention). I had my bicycle with me, and they also have a big, locked garage (opens with your room key) where you can store your bike overnight.

My room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was well appointed and clean. The ambiance is more traditional German hotel, without frills, but good quality. My room had a window that looked out the back onto the parking lot and up at the Munster (church) on the hill.

My only real complaint was the church bells that rang every morning at 6 am and then throughout the day. Many of the other rooms seemed to have the metal rolling shutters that could be shut at night to block light and noise, but my window was lacking both the shutters as well as room darkening shades (only had lightweight, white sheer curtains). Between the early church bells and the lack of dark curtains, I was up early the three days I stayed there.

The hotel has a restaurant on the ground floor, which appeared to be popular at lunch/dinner, although I only took breakfast there. Speaking of Fruehstuck, their buffet was well appointed, always kept filled, and had a good variety of options. Service each morning was always fast, and as of the second morning they had my drink order down without me asking (always a nice touch to be remembered!).

Overall, I think this is a good place to stay in Breisach, I've traveled to this town often and have stayed in a number of the local hotels, gasthouses, and vacation apartments. The Rheinblick isn't the cheapest in town, but I'd say it's a solid value given it's location, rooms, breakfast, etc. Some of the other altstadt hotels lack convenient parking, have dated rooms without ensuite bathroom facilities, etc.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a roll-down shutter on the window(s).