Stayed two nights while touring West Iceland. Hotel isn't much to look at from the outside (but then again, few buildings in Iceland outside of Reykjavik are - they do have to withstand some pretty harsh winters) but very nice public areas and comfortable, spacious rooms. We had wonderful views over the sea (as well as the fish factory - don't worry, there are no smells). Food is excellent, with high quality evening menu and good buffet breakfast. Great base for touring the Snaelfellsnes peninsula. The owners are very friendly and welcoming and a great source of info on local attractions, activities and the state of roads!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Framnes is a boutique hotel on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula in west Iceland. It is ideally located for all visits to the nearby National Park and surrounding area. The hotel has an excellent restaurant specializing in fresh fish and local food cuisine. It is the ideal place for stopovers to West Fjords and Reykjavík ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Framnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Framnes Hotel Grundarfjörður
- Hotel Framnes Iceland/Grundarfjorour