Just got back and this is a lovely hotel.
Both reception and bar staff were very helpful and friendly, the food was excellent although pricey (circa £50 per head) and if this is a problem you can eat at a nearby cafe on the main road which is popular with locals - I think it was called Cafe 59?
The view outside the hotels are a little mixed as you are next to the fishing port but this should not put you off staying here as the town has a spectacular location in a wide dramatic bay.
We went with teenage children and for once we had no complaints from them.
Almost any walk or drive from this town at sunrise or sunset will beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Framnes is a boutique hotel on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula in west Iceland. It is ideally located for all visits to the nearby National Park and surrounding area. The hotel has an excellent restaurant specializing in fresh fish and local food cuisine. It is the ideal place for stopovers to West Fjords and Reykjavík ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Framnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Framnes Hotel Grundarfjörður
- Hotel Framnes Iceland/Grundarfjorour