As a hotel, this is a quirky place, but let's face it, you don't exactly have a huge amount of choice in this area...
It looks like nothing much from the outside, a functional building that was once a fishermen's inn. Inside it is cosy and welcoming, although our room was a bit too basic for my liking. The beds were on the small side, and the furniture was more hostel basic than spartan chic.
The dinner made up for it though. Great seafood is pretty much a given in Iceland, and it was excellent here too, with some imaginative spicing. The staff were really friendly and efficient too, so no complaints there. I might opt for a bigger, plusher room next time, but I'd gladly come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Framnes is a boutique hotel next to Kikjufell mountain on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula in west Iceland. It is ideally located for all visits to the nearby National Park and surrounding area. It is the ideal place for stopovers to West Fjords and Reykjavík ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Framnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Framnes Hotel Grundarfjörður
- Hotel Framnes Iceland/Grundarfjorour