“Friendly owners, great food”
Review of Avli tis Theanos

Avli tis Theanos
Ranked #21 of 41 Restaurants in Stoupa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We love this place and had both lunch and dinner here during our recent holiday. Dimitri insists that I try my limited Greek to order our food and drinks even though he speaks excellent English.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just come back from a lovely 2 weeks in Stoupa and we tried quite a few restaurants but kept going back to this place. The only problem is the name - it is written in greek so reads something like: It Avhn tns Oeavws.
What can I say, wonderful service, lovely views, right on the beach, reasonable prices, absolutely the best food in Stoupa. We are one carnivore and one vegetarian and we both loved every meal and the variety of dishes at this wonderful place, but the kleftico is the best I have ever eaten and I've been going to Greece for many decades.
I like a change in venue but if I went back to Stoupa I would probably not eat anywhere else but here. Excellent.

2  Thank Yellowcoat
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Having spent time in Greece before, we have both come to love authentic Greek Cuisine. We would normally find three or four good restaurants to use over the holiday. Not this time!.
Our first night in Stoupa took us to the "Avli tis Theanos". The meal was outstanding as was the hospitallity. Night after night we returned, each meal as good as the last. It became our goal not to eat elsewhere, but to work our way through the menu of this fabulous restaurant. By the end of our holiday we had not only gained three Kilos each, but had made seven new friends in the family and staff.

1  Thank philiposkaterina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a helpful and friendly resturant. First visit was Easter Sunday when it was full of partying locals. Always a good sign. The spit roast lamb was fantastic!
We mentioned the lack of fish tavernas in Stoupa one lunchtime to Dimitri who said tell me what you want I'll get it for tomorrow. True to his word we had a wonderful fish dinner the next night cooked to perfection.
Every meal we ate here was excellent and the staff so welcoming. Well worth a visit

4  Thank Wycoller01
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended this taverna by our regular beach "neighbours" What a find.

A lovely, friendly warm welcome. The Greek food is exactly what you dream of on a cold, winter, Brit day. Salads with the tastiest juciest tomatoes and cucumber, melt in your mouth feta, ice cold beautiful local White wine. Someone else has mentioned the chips, at home we're not huge chip fans, but these are proper hand cut home made chips. Nothing like it. Huge portions of everything at a fantastic price.

Ideal place for lunch or dinner. I also liked the way we were shown into the kitchen to view the days specials. Only place in Stoupa that did this. My wife was also impressed by the spotless nicely decorated loos. (she tells me this is a girl thing!)

When we return to Stoupa, it will be the first place we head to.

8  Thank Leo K