At first I would really like to thank the whole Uroa Bay Beach crew - you really made my holidays, the best holidays ever.
I went there with my mom on 31st of May - 11st of June 2013. It was still the low season so it wasn't crowdy. From the very first moment I was amazed. All of the little bungalows are built in the tropical garden. There are three types of them- the garden view ones, the sea view ones and the ocean front ones. We lived in the garden view bungalow. It was exactly as in the picture. Very comfy with kingsized bed, one single bed- both with mosquito-curtain, flatscreen, big wardrobe, fridge, safe and the toiletries. Every bungalow has it's own bathroom with big bathtub. Each one has also a big private terrace with table and african-style chairs. The room has the air condition, but also the fan. Everyday the housekeepers cleaned the room, changed the towels and the linen, and decorated the room with some fresh flowers. They also sprayed the mosquito-nets with anti-mosquito sprays.
The free wifi is in all public areas, like reception (with big beds for chillout), bar and pool.
The pool is being cleaned everyday. There is one big, one for kids, one jacuzzi and one just to lay in it and cool yourself.
There is a private beach with sunbeds which are covered with mattresses. Local people can't walk on that beach. Just few steps lower, there is a kilometers wide, clean, snow-white sandy beach, which dissapears when the high tide comes (but it's finally the possibility to swim without touching the sea-weed and the ground :P ). But then when the low tide comes again the heaven-looking beach comes out of the water.
Every day there is another cuisine for lunch. We had for example swahili night, italian night, seafood night etc. The food is really fresh and tasty, I really couldn't want more. Everyday before main lunch, there is a free buffet with alcohol and non-alcohol drink and some snacks like banana chips, peanuts etc. The breakfast is continental.
As we were in this low season, there was not much of the entertainment shows- once we saw the acrobatic show and two, three times per week the live-band. But I guess, in the high season there will be something everyday.
The Italian management was absolutely professional. The General Manager was really friendly, helpful in everycase and really made us feel special. We met also the doctor, one of the most smiling person in the hotel.
Because there was only like 25 guests in the hotel (at the beginning like 10) everyone knew each other and we felt like a one big family. No loud kids, just few old couples, few young, few honeymooners and some groups of friends.
To sum up: I would do it again and again and again if I only could. I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to chill out, to feel special, to live in paradise for a while. I can assure you that Uroa Bay Beach Resort is one of the greatest hotels I've ever been to.
BIG thank you guys!
Monika and Liliana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New 4 Star Superior Resort, on wonderful Uroa Beach, on the East Cost of Zanzibar. Italian management and maintenance, with smiling and professional local staff, working all together to make you enjoy at best your stay here. Big pool, pool/beach towel service, great beach, excellent Italian inspired Kitchen, more then 40 square meter rooms fully equipped and furnished (individual A\C, mini fridge with daily refill mineral water, TV with satellite channels, telephone, fan, mosquito nets on beds, safe, internet connection, private furnished terrace, private services with shower box and bidet). Relaxing and easy-going atmosphere. Ideal for everyone who wants to relax and have a great time in a wonderful location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Uroa Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uroa Bay Beach Hotel Uroa Village
- Uroa Bay Beach Resort Zanzibar Island, Tanzania