A friend & I stayed at this lovely hotel for 5 nights in March 2013. We had just flown in from Arusha after a Safari. This is a nice hotel on the east coast of Zanzibar. It is about 45 min. from the airport. We stayed in a seaview double room. It was a spacious room w/ a balcony w/ benches & a table. It contained a king size bed & twin bed. The beds were a bit firm for our tastes, but after sleeping in several beds in Africa, that seems to be the norm. It is air conditioned,but never seems to get very cold, just less humid & more comfortable than outside. The bath is spacious & plenty of hot water. The rooms are eco friendly; the electricity & water shut off when you are not in your room. The pool is quite nice; long & cool w/ plenty of loungers. The pool water & bath water is salt, but not like the ocean, just a little salty. If this were my hotel, I would add a hot tub/spa to the pool area. The beach is the prettiest beach I have ever been too. The sand is pure white & easy to walk on.You can walk for quite a long distance both north & south of the resort. The north end goes past fisherman, & a few shops. Beware that you will be approached on the beach by people wanting to sell you anything from trips to shells to massages. They are easily put off if you tell them to "take care" or that you are leaving the next day. The south direction is less populated & a pleasant walk. You can always find a lot of shells on the beach. The ocean is clear, warm, shallow, & calm. You can walk out for a very long way in the water. At extreme high tide the water will lap at the hotel's sea wall. At extreme low tide, you can follow a path marked by sticks thru the sea grass to sand bars; wear water shoes if you do this. There is some broken coral & sea urchins along the way. The sand bars are pristine. The food at the hotel was ok. I found the fish, vegetables, bread, fruit, & salad to be the best choice. We ate at the buffet for breakfast & dinner; lunch at the poolside cafe. The poolside cafe service tends to be spotty. The resort is run/owned by Italions. We were the only Americans there; mostly Italions, French, & Russians. The service at the hotel is very good; the girls cleaning the rooms are very sweet & thourough, so be sure & leave them a tip. The food servers are attentive once they realize you tip. Be careful about being overly friendly to the servers, sometimes they interpert it as flirting. We only took one excursion, to the rain forest. After being on Safari it is a bit of a let down, but interesting, esp. the mangroves. The hotel was so pleasant that we didn't feel a need to go elsewhere. The wifi at the hotel is a bit spotty & you have to have your device set just right; the staff doesn't always know how to help you with it, but they do have an IT guy who can, just ask for him. We were charged appropiately for anything we charged to the room. The hotel seems to by run quite efficiently. I would recommend this hotel & stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New 4 Star Superior Resort, on wonderful Uroa Beach, on the East Cost of Zanzibar. Italian management and maintenance, with smiling and professional local staff, working all together to make you enjoy at best your stay here. Big pool, pool/beach towel service, great beach, excellent Italian inspired Kitchen, more then 40 square meter rooms fully equipped and furnished (individual A\C, mini fridge with daily refill mineral water, TV with satellite channels, telephone, fan, mosquito nets on beds, safe, internet connection, private furnished terrace, private services with shower box and bidet). Relaxing and easy-going atmosphere. Ideal for everyone who wants to relax and have a great time in a wonderful location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Uroa Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uroa Bay Beach Hotel Uroa Village
- Uroa Bay Beach Resort Zanzibar Island, Tanzania