Now for Zanzibar and its climate, this was a great place to stay at! The rooms are beautiful, and clean, air conditioner ( which you need - trust me!) fan, mossie-net, TV, fridge, a private little patio, everything your need!
Very important (for me) they have a working back-up generator that kicks in as soon as the power cuts off (which happens A LOT on Zanzibar) which means that you air-conditioner, tv, fridge what ever is not interrupted!
The food (buffet) was great! Some a la carte dishes were a bit oily and the language barrier can be a problem with some of the waiters, but I have seldom seen friendlier waiters and more helpful staff! The set-up is just great and you can really enjoy your holiday here!
A tip - If you like going to bed 'earlier' you might want to book a room that's not close too the restaurant/bar as they often have some entertainment planned for a the evenings (bands/shows etc), which is GREAT, but it can be loud for those not interested and//or sick in bed etc.
Around Uroa is not much to do, other than the usual snorkeling etc,...(outside the lodge) no supermarkets etc, just keep that in mind! And the beach boys are a bit more annoying on that beach...
But overall, Its a great place to relax in Zanzibar! I recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new 4 star superior resort, on wonderful Uroa Beach, on the East Cost of Zanzibar. Italian management and maintenance, with smiling and professional local staff, working all together to make you enjoy at best your stay here. Big pool, pool/beach towel service, great beach, excellent Italian inspired kitchen, more then 40 square meter rooms fully equipped and furnished (individual A/C, mini fridge with daily refill mineral water, TV with satellite channels, telephone, fan, mosquito nets on beds, safe, internet connection, private furnished terrace, private services with shower box and bidet). Relaxing and easy-going atmosphere. Ideal for everyone who wants to relax and have a great time in a wonderful location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Otel, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Uroa Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uroa Bay Beach Hotel Uroa Village
- Uroa Bay Beach Resort Zanzibar Island, Tanzania