“A good place to stay in Tirano”

Hotel Centrale Tirano
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tirano
London, United Kingdom
“A good place to stay in Tirano”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Centrale for one night on 25th March in a superior double room and found the hotel and the room to be friendly, modern, very clean and had all the essentials one would expect of a hotel of this standard. It was a little tricky locating the hotel but we eventually got some directions from a helpful local lady who even drew us a basic map to get us there.

Tirano isn't a massive place, so we didn't have to walk miles to find the hotel - we just couldn't see where the street was on any map! The hotel appears to be located in the older part of the town and it has a very noisy neighbour - a church with a rather loud bell which started ringing at 06.45 on the Tuesday morning (no idea if that was the first time that morning). Luckily for us, we'd had several hours sleep so it didn't really cause us much grief but instead, made us chuckle - nothing much we could have done about it but nor would we!

The bathroom had a hydrotherapy (spa) bath which I gave a go (my wife wasn't fussed). It was very good but as I stopped it, lots of black bits appeared in the water. Hopefully it wasn't anything nasty but I'm sure not as the bathroom was spotless in every way and the shower very nice. Breakfast was ok, the usual array of continental items, including loads of lovely cakes! The lady serving was a little stern but gave us a nice smile when we came and went. Overall, a good hotel in a quaint little northern Italian town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelCentraleTirano, Direttore at Hotel Centrale Tirano, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are sorry for the inconvenience you had, but we are happy you remember us with joy.
We'll try next time to be at our best.
G. Gemin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brescia, Italy
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went to Tirano in March 2013 due to working reason. Thanks to Tripadvisor I found out this nice little pearl in Tirano center. The hotel is very nice. It's small 4/5 bedroom for floor (even if I understand from the fire exit maps :) ) but it was absolutly nice. It gives me the home sensation that you don't find in large hotels. The staff is very kind (while checking in they offered me a coffee) and helpful. I think I've been having one of the fastest (but full of infos) check-in I've ever had. The bedroom design is very nice and comfortable (only a bit difficult to find the way to turn off the small light close to the bed :) ). The bed is very good and I had a great sleep there. If you need there's also the wifi connection for all the bedroom. When I woke up in the morning I opened the window and found out a wonderful view (take a look at the pics).
I've not been experiencing it but I have to add there's also a wellness center (just push -1 while taking the lift). People from Tirano I was working with told me about positive experiences with it.
I found out the nicest bathroom set I've ever found in my experience of business traveller (I also went to larger and famous hotel but this one is the best one). You find everything you need (if I knew before .... :) ).
The breakfast is very good (in particular croissants and cakes). I think you can also ask for something salty (but I'm italian so I'm not very used to it, I prefer sweets and espresso for breakfast). Even the breakfast staff is very fast and kind.
Only one suggestion: if you come by car and use a GPS device, park the car in the city hall square 100 meters before you reach the hotel. It's useful in particular if you have SUV vehicle like I have because driving in the small streets in Tirano center can be a very tiring and damaging (for your car) experience :) I had it (not any damage), following Google navigation software so I suggest you not to try :) the parking is free by night (but you have to pay by day). Btw the hotel is in perfect town center.
Definitly I think this is the place to be while in Tirano (even not so faraway from Switzerland).

Room Tip: I had the room 25 and I think it's delightful :) take a look at the pics.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bazza78
Dear guest,
we thanks for your compliments and we are proud that you appreciated our continental breakfast, as you said big and variuos, but the next that you will be here please taste also the scramble eggs, and the strudel of speck.
We are waiting you...
best regards
Rotterdam
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel rooms with big bathroom (it was a bit too hot in the bathroom) with fast wifi
Good selection of breakfast
Good a well priced coffee bar in the street
Hotel is located in old downtown
You receive 10% off at the Italian restaurant next door, I can recommend this
Train station is 15 min walk
Tirano is really cheap compared to Switzerland
From here you are in less than 3 hours in Milano

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear aSir, thanks for your opinion, we are very pleased to be able to make a good impression.
Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed 4 days at Hotel Centrale in Tirano. I know the area quite well since I was born here.
In the past I stayed to variuos 4 stars but finally i found the gem at Hotel Centrale recently opened . Courtesy , professional attitude, cleanness and fashion is all in it .
I recommend for any time of the year ,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jwaneng
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had the opportunity of spending the night at this hotel. The hotel is excellent, large bedroom and excellent bathroom, unfortunately we could not get the jacuzzi tub to work . It is set in a beautiful part of town, typically Italian. They provided a good breakfast and we had our evening meal a a restaurant that the hotel receptionist recommended to us and it was fantastic.
Generally a good hotel with friendly and helpful staff
We would strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family, including a 4 year old, stayed here following a Bernina Express train trip for a night-- we wished it could have been longer. The hotel is tucked away among the narrow streets of Tirano, and finding it was the adventure, but once there, it was heavenly. We got so turned around, we ended up having a nice Italian grandmother walk us there personally. The reception is very warm-- an odd but welcome check in/bar combo means you can have a drink while you wait. Do not expect prompt check-in service, this is a small hotel and there is one person running the desk, but they are very friendly. The rooms are sleek and modern with spa amenities, ours even had great jacuzzi tub. We felt safe and the place is clean and nice. There are a few little restaurants within a quick walk, including a nice family style pizza place with a courtyard just down the street. The staff can point out these places to you. Breakfast is served downstairs in a small but welcoming room. Think it would be a romantic stay, sans kids.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Staad, Switzerland
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This tasteful hotel is bang in the centre of Tirano and suprisingly quiet. Lovely modern rooms and lots of amenities in the bathroom although it took a very long time for the hot water to come through. Very helpful staff and a nicely decorated lobby. Breakfast was good and so was the coffee! There are several restaurants nearby and the train station is also within walking distance. We would certainly return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple