It's a pity that we came to this place with vestiges of the destructive super typhoon Yolanda still very visible. Nonetheless, we can not help but appreciate the uniqueness of this hotel.
1. If you're one of the many who feels sad everytime Christmas comes to pass, then you must swing by this unique place where Christmas seems eternal. From the hotel lobby to the shops and restaurants, Christmas is always in full display with all the colorful and glittering trappings like Christmas tree, mistletoe, choir of angels, stars, and what have we decorated our homes with during the season.
2. The theme part which resembles a mini-neverland is wonderful and worth your camera posing.
3. The shops are great selling Christmas novelty and kids stuff that in incredulously large collection.
4. The restaurant and coffee shops are also cute with their dream-like ambience that you must experience dining into.
5. The food is reasonably priced with generous servings. You can have them beside the pool or inside the eloquently designed Christmas-inspired resto.
6. The pools are large for both the kids and adults.
1. The hotel room is in a sorry state and reeks of mold. It is understandably because of the havoc wrought by super typhoon Yolanda last November.
2. Much of the entertainment facilities like the children's rides, circus, Noah's arc museum have not been restored yet.
3. The serenity section that hosts the large gym, spa and the Thai restaurant are still in disarray.
4. Many of the resort's facilities like the garden, some museums, the seaside area needs massive cleanup and rehabilitation work.
5. The pool area is like a sore thumb sticking out of this Disney-cum-Christmas inspired resort. It is only in this area where one can have a feeling of being lost in the dreamlike land, what with its bamboo and native rural-inspired get up and ambience.
6. Service is also much to be desired. Despite the fact that we have booked for airport pickup shuttle, there was none when we landed. After waiting for one for an hour, we decided to ask the help of the customer service at the Kalibo airport who facilitated our call to the hotel. Lo, it is only upon being informed that we are already at the airport that the hotel sent its shuttle to pick us up.
7. We have also booked for a quadruple sharing but found our room can only accommodate 3 at most with just enought space for one single and one twin bed. Imagine we have to request for a mattress and squeezed it on the floor for us to be able to have a sleeping space each.
8. The toilteries, cups and saucers, glasses, towels that were provided were only good for two and we have to request for additional sets.
9. The hotel door is creaking and the toilet-bathroom looks dingy. The light at the entrance of our hotel is busted and when reported to the housekeeping, they did nothing to replace the busted electric bulb.
10. Buffet breakfast is so-so.
- Also Known As:
- Sampaguita Gardens Hotel Kalibo