“Best option for a short stay in Kalibo”
Review of Kalibo Hotel

and 1 more site!
Kalibo Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Kalibo B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We are flying from Clark thru Airasia and because its an evening flight we have decided to just stay in Kalibo for a night and then proceed to Boracay in the morning. We are a group of 10 people with two kids and travelling at night would not be an option for us.

I booked the hotel by phone/email when I'm still overseas. The staff were prompt in replying to all my emails. It was an easy arrangement, all I have to do is to deposit half of the rooms rate in advance in the hotel's bank account.

Upon arriving at Kalibo airport, a driver is waiting at the airport (pick-up is free). When we get to the hotel, we were ushered to the rooms by a friendly hotel staff. The rooms are well prepared and clean with towel designs that kids in our group really liked . The toilets were spacious too and they have fully functional shower heaters! They also have free wi-fi which is an added bonus.

Overall it was all worth it, I would definitely stay in this hotel next time I visit Boracay or just Kalibo.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bok_1981

Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you are on your way to Boracay and you don't want to do the boat trip at night. Stay at the Kalibo Hotel. Friend staff. Above standard cleanliness for the area and nice place to eat and drink near by. What is amazing about this place is they fold the towels on your bed in quite amazing designs..

Room Tip: Just asked for a quite room to get a good sleep before the 1 hour and 45 minute trip by van to Borac...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

If your stopping over in Kalibo airport, then this hotel may suit your requirements. The room are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Its in the centre of the town. The locals do not see wersterns very often, we received a lot of funny looks and the youg girls seem to be extremely interested in our white skin. There is nothing to do in the area. Lots of motorcycle noise and pollution on the main street. No in the hotel though. Its a family run busines and they were very helpful and friendly. There is a great restaraunt in the area. Exit the hotel and turn right and cross the road. Lorraine’s Restaraunt. Great foord and beer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maiya
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night before catching an early flight back to Manila (the airport is a 5 minutes drive away). Our room was spotlessly clean along with the bedding and towels. Staff were friendly and pointed us in the direction of Lorraine’s, a really cheap good restaurant over the road. Rooms have comfortable beds, safe, TV with cable and free wifi. The only downside to our stay was we were at the back of the building which backs on to a very busy road this continued to be noisy until midnight, which is ok for one night but anymore would be a pain. Try and get a room at the front unless you can sleep through anything.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RuthyUK
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm glad I chose Kalibo Hotel. The hotel provided us with the basic necessities and the beds needed to sleep 3 comfortably. I was not too crazy about the comforter design but you don't need it anyway when sleeping as it's too humid. The airconditioner worked really well - thank goodness! Since I came at the time when it's terribly hot and humid the water that came out the shower was cold only. I didn't mind. Anyway, the cold water wakes me up.

The staff is wonderful! They are very friendly and accommodating. They helped me find transportation to Boracay and also helped flag down a tricycle to go to where I was going. The only thing I wish they had was food in the cafeteria (i.e., sweets, hopia, lumpia, fresh bananas, etc.). I woke up in the morning and headed to the lobby but no one was there nor did I know where to get food. Luckily I was invited for breakfast by a family member.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I love the staff and most especially the comfortable room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TRTW
Reviewed January 29, 2012

A very clean surroundings & friendly personnel and affordable rates that gives me satisfies when we stayed in Kalibo hotel.wish to come back with no hesitations..God bless Kalibo Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Pheng D
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Where do you go when you need a place to stay any hour of the day? Kalibo Hotel took me in, in a clean safe environment and took care of my travels needs. A friendly and knowledgeable staff made it their business to assist me in any way possible.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo