“You can't find better free entertainment anywhere”
Review of Seagull Inn

Seagull Inn
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We discovered the Seagull after a trip to unity where the entertainers drive you to dispare with side A and side B competitions, we just want quality entertainers, and that is what the Seagull offers. We book our breaks to suit when our favorite band are on, yes it gets busy but who can be suprised with this quality of entertainment and fair bar tariffs . The food is good plentiful and reasonably priced.
Some complain at the over 18 's area, but it's nice to have an area without children. The door staff are very professional and we never see any trouble.
I wish I could find venues near as good as this elsewhere but up to now I havent

1  Thank Ken C

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Visited during the Country & Western Week the only complaint I would have is that the bar staff served a member of our party then asked for her ID instead of asking first. The member was 23years of age but unfortunately she does not have any form of ID to show, she has no driving liceince, no passport and does not carry a birth cert with her. Due to this she was forced to drink coke and our party were informed if she was caught with a drink other than coke we would all be asked to leave.

Because of this although we were enjoying the entertainment being provide by Chrissy Byrne we left at the end of her first spot and went to Breakers where she was served with no problem.
We were very disappointed at this situation but really liked the venue and the overall atmosphere.

1  Thank WHITEWOLF1961
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I and our Grand daughter visited the Seagull Inn upon a recommendation whilst staying in Brean Somerset. The Restaurant part is only a small part of the complete premises which also has a number of bars, a games room with amusement machines and also a large hall which houses Cabaret and Bands all hours of the day and night.
The menu was extensive and appeared very inexpensive which indeed was the case. For a good lunch and drinks we spent less than £15 for all of us. My lunch being a large ploughmans as was my wife's and a childs meal for our grand daughter. We were so impressed we decided to return for an evening meal later in the week. We arrived about 6pm and the place was heaving but we were able to park Free of charge in the car park and also found a table in the restaurant but were told food would take about 30 minutes. Whilst waiting we became aware that an artist called Chico was to appear and the whole premises were full of screaming uncontrolled children and people who appeared to not care at all about others in the venue or that they were eating. Again the food was excellent but the control of some of the customers was lacking and also their horrid children who apparently came from camp sites around the venue. I would recommend for a boys or girls night out but not a venue that one would enjoy with a well behaved family

2  Thank WiggleOxford
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The Seagull looks nice and is in a good position for some parks. We stayed at Northam Farm and although not far from the entrance, from the rear of the park it's a 20 minute walk to the Seagull (and i'm fairly fit).
If you get there after 6 don't expect a table. There's nowhere near enough tables for families. Every night there were parents with little kids stood around the sides all night trying to find somewhere to put their drinks. Meanwhile the sectioned off 'no children' area was half empty! What a joke.
The shows were good (8pm start). However there should be a proper disco in the lead up to the show. The dj is quite grumpy and smug.
The one time we had food it took 45 minutes even though it was very quiet. When we questioned it we were told abruptly it would be ready when it was ready! We were then told there was no record of our order! Useless. We reordered. To be fair when it came they were good portions and tasty.
It got a bit rough there on the Saturday night and I was glad when the show finished and I got my kids out of there (8.45).
I wouldn't go to Brean on holiday again as it's not my cup of tea, but if you do you'll have to go to the Seagull as there's no competition.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were staying at northam farm and visited the seagull inn for lunch. The Weather was lovely so we sat outside on the large outdoor seating area. Outdoor area was very clean and had a laege shelter covering it. only Negative would be that people can smoke under it, i really feel it should be smoke free where people eat. There was lots of choice on the menu and it was very reasonably priced. Drinks were reasonable too. When food arrived it was tasty and plentiful. There isn't many places to eat out in the area and if your after a bit of pub food I would recommend it.