I went here with my wife, our two kids, my sister & her two kids a few weeks ago. We stayed in one of their Silver chalets. Service was great - we had a couple of evenings of the camp entertainment in the bar, used the shop a bit too. The shopkeeper was really helpful & when they didn't have what we needed because it was late & they were due to re-stock in the morning they let us know where we could find alternate suppliers close by, which I think deserves some kudos.
Entertainment-wise there was a flog-your-kids-a-cuddly-toy hard sell session, then something for the grown-ups each night. The first night it was cuddly foxes followed by a rather decent singer who belted out a wide range of tunes with enthusiasm & style. The other night it was bunnies & then a guy who juggles chainsaws and did a bit of a comedy act. They had a swimming pool which we used most days, which was reasonably big though never deep enough that you were more than belly-deep in the water, so the kids had plenty of fun. There's a beach across the road & through the dunes - we had a go at some sandcastles but it was a bit dry for those, but nice for sun-bathing. Weston, up the road a bit, was better for sandcastles.
From Sandy Glade we were within easy reach of Wookey Hole Caves, Weston-Super-Mare and Bath and Cheddar Gorge, so every day was a day trip for us, always something good to see or do.
The chalets are indeed a bit basic as other reviewers have said, but it's pretty cheap & cheerful & we had good neighbours that the kids got on with, & the booze in the shop was good & cheap so, all in all I couldn't fault it. Not what I'd usually go for but my wife & sis conspired & well, they were paying so I can't grumble. Good cheap holiday, glad I went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandy Glade Holiday Park is easy to reach, just fifteen minutes from the M5, yet puts you right on a great stretch of Somerset coast. You can enjoy the long, sandy beaches of both Berrow and Brean which are a short walk from the park. The beaches are famous for their sand dunes, which kids will love playing on, and you’ll find that Brean Sands is a perfect beach for sunbathing, playing in the sand or paddling into the water. This Burnham-on-Sea Holiday Park has plenty for you to do once you get here. Our adventure playground means that even when you’re not at the beach the kids won’t be bored, and our heated pool is great fun for the whole family. We also have a clubhouse with nightly entertainment and a cafe and takeaway to make your stay even easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Sandy Glade Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park Hotel Burnham-On-Sea
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset