“Good but a few minor problems”

Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven
“Good but a few minor problems”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at burnham on sea. Last year we stayed in a platinum caravan but going in Easter holidays we decided on delux plus. I was very pleased with our caravan in was clean and modern although a couple of feet shorter than my parents van two down from us.
We were looking forward to the new pool as the kids loved it last year. Pool looks good but was very cold could only stay in 15 mins as my son was shivering.
Another activity my children enjoyed last year were the pedal boats. We were disappointed twice as they were short staffed. Luckily got a go on the morning we left thanks to the kind man there that morning.
We ate at mash and barrel 1st night. Food was good, a couple of mistakes were made and waited a while but was quite busy.
Overall we did enjoy our stay but didn't quite live up to last years visit, but would probably go again

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimh30
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent Trip Advisor review. It is brilliant to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Please always let us know if you have any concerns while on Park, our team are here to help in anyway we can. The swimming pool was a little bit colder than we normally keep it due to a faulty part. This has now been replaced and the swimming pool is a very warm 31 degrees! I am glad to hear that you will come back to us and I look forward to seeing you at Burnham again soon :)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend away with husband and two teenagers. I Have been using haven for 15 years and this was the best park and caravan in all that time. The park is extremely well maintained and in a great position for the beach and small town. We had a free upgrade to a platinum caravan which was spotlessly clean as were all the communal areas of the site including clubhouse . Every member of staff we met including the girls at the go-cart station were happy, friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to be working there. There is a morrissons just outside the park but to be honest we found the prices in the spar shop were reasonable enough. Wished we could have stayed longer!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Clare R
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am so pleased your holiday home was everything you wanted and that you found our Park to be well cared for. We all take pride in everything we do and it's so lovely to hear that it shows. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burnham :)

Alresford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We booked to go to burnham on sea as I spent many happy summers there staying with family as a child. The holiday park was ideal for myself, my husband and our 2 year old son. The caravan was a good size and was clean with everything we needed for our long weekend away. We didn't use the facilities in the complex (apart from papa johns & a quick go in the arcade!) as we had other things planned, such as a trip to wookey hole caves (just as I remember it) but the staff that we did meet were friendly and very helpful. At one point we ran out of gas in the caravan. Within half an hour someone had responded to our text and replaced the gas. Overall a very nice weekend and we will be using Haven again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank UsLot2014
Thank you so much for your recent Trip Advisor review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that the holiday home was everything you needed while staying with us. Many of our guests use us as a base to visit the local area and I am glad you enjoyed the bits of the complex you did use. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I will be staying at Burnham Holiday Village next week for our eighth visit, with our two boys 4 and 5, who can't wait to go back to "The Rory Caravan" We always book our caravan privately, as we like being close to the entertainment complex and the back gate to the seafront. The site is spotlessly clean, great for kids, outdoor events and a playground. There is a giant bouncy castle in the showbar during the day. The entertainment is excellent, glad Ricki is back as he is superb at his job. Boys looking forward to Rorys Punch and Judy. Seen photos of the new swimming pool looks good. There is a Wetherspoons in town and also worth a visit is Jacks Cafe Bar, which has a small soft play area and serves very good food. Never have had a bad visit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jerryb60
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am so happy to read that you and your family have such a lovely time with us in The Rory Caravan :)

Our pool is all up and running now and I hope you get chance to go for a swim next time you are with us!

We do have many things for all of our guests to do during the day and lots of entertaiment throughout the evenings and I am really pleased that you enjoy every part of your holiday.

We hope to welcome you back to Burnham soon!
Dinas Powys, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just returned from this lovely site where the caravans were well laid out and pleasing to the eye. Caravan we stayed in was very modern and clean, radiators throughout were a great help as it was very cold on our weekend trip. We did have a problem with the plumbing (blocked) but this was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Thought the food in the Mash and Barrell was a little expensive but enjoyable. All staff were very helpful, 'smiley' and willing especially the entertainment crew who put their all into the shows, Ricky in particular was fantastic, very good with the children and a natural born entertainer. It was a shame the pool hadn't been finished as my granddaughter was looking forward to swimming but maybe next time!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anne W
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of our park.

I am so pleased your holiday home was everything you needed while staying with us and that the blocked plumbing was dealt with quickly for you.

Ricki is defintely one of our loved team members on park and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to him.

Our pool has now been finished and is looking fantastic, we hope you will visit us again to make full use of this :)

SOMERSET ENGLAND
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Well our son is a serving soldier and is serving oversea's at this time so we decided to treat our 6 yr old grandson to a holiday at the sea side . We choose this site as it was very near home and we could take him back to school Tuesday morning and stay the rest of the week by ourselves . We arrived on the Friday after school and were well greeted by all staff , and proceeded to LV2 And OMG was shocked at the layout and décor .I had booked a platinum caravan which was spacious and ect ect but this one looked nothing like the one on the web site .So I waited for my husband to arrive about 1/2 an hour after my grandson and I .He wasn't impressed either and for a caravan which at 1/2 price was over £350 we expected better , you couldn't have 2 doors open in the bedroom area at the same time , you could only just fit between the twin beds , the fire alarm was beeping every couple of mins and a light switch in lounge area had the switch missing so little fingers could have poked in , it was dark and not at all like the internet photos :-( .So we went up to reception where I asked if we were given the wrong keys !! We were escorted to a side room and we explained our disappointment the girl was great and very very apologetic my grandson very upset as there were no other caravans any better , so we had a refund and drove home .Not the end though, 2 days ago we had a letter to apologise that we were not informed of the closure of the swimming pool area so if we stayed we would have been even more upset .So overall in our experience not at all good .However the staff were very understanding and I bear no malice towards them , it is so unfair that photos that bear no resemblance to what you get are allowed online , if the actual caravan was online we would never had booked and saved our grandson a lot of heart ache
SHAME ON YOU HAVEN

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review.

I am sorry that the holiday home you were allocated was not to your expectations. Our holiday homes do vary between make and model and the pictures on are website are for representation purposes only.

Our swimming was refurbished this year and it has been advertised on our website to be opening on March 29th. I understand the upset that this would have caused if you had stayed with us, unaware that the swimming pool was closed.

I am so sorry that you did not feel that you could stay with us for your holiday and if you are to change your mind in the future about coming back to us, I would be more than happy to assist you with any booking and personally over see everything for you.

Pippa Jarvis
Cardiff
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Booked a weekend stay through our local paper and stayed end of September 2013. Large proportion of private owners on this site which explains why cheap deals are rare, and you can appreciate why there are so many owners here as it is a lovely park.

Easy access to Burnham on Sea and the beach direct from the park, whilst all of the usual on site activities for children. Evening entertainment the usual that you expect from Haven, and the indoor swimming pool was also good (has been refurbished for 2014 now as well)

Certainly met our expectations, and would certainly return .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have direct access to the promenade so you can enjoy the local beach and the local town is just a short walk from us.

We hope to see you back soon!

Pippa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham-On-Sea
The Royal Clarence Hotel
#4 of 14 in Burnham-On-Sea
The Victoria Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#5 of 13 in Burnham-On-Sea

Been to Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!