“Excellent Caravan Site”

Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven
“Excellent Caravan Site”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I will be staying at Burnham Holiday Village next week for our eighth visit, with our two boys 4 and 5, who can't wait to go back to "The Rory Caravan" We always book our caravan privately, as we like being close to the entertainment complex and the back gate to the seafront. The site is spotlessly clean, great for kids, outdoor events and a playground. There is a giant bouncy castle in the showbar during the day. The entertainment is excellent, glad Ricki is back as he is superb at his job. Boys looking forward to Rorys Punch and Judy. Seen photos of the new swimming pool looks good. There is a Wetherspoons in town and also worth a visit is Jacks Cafe Bar, which has a small soft play area and serves very good food. Never have had a bad visit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jerryb60
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am so happy to read that you and your family have such a lovely time with us in The Rory Caravan :)

Our pool is all up and running now and I hope you get chance to go for a swim next time you are with us!

We do have many things for all of our guests to do during the day and lots of entertaiment throughout the evenings and I am really pleased that you enjoy every part of your holiday.

We hope to welcome you back to Burnham soon!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Dinas Powys, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just returned from this lovely site where the caravans were well laid out and pleasing to the eye. Caravan we stayed in was very modern and clean, radiators throughout were a great help as it was very cold on our weekend trip. We did have a problem with the plumbing (blocked) but this was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Thought the food in the Mash and Barrell was a little expensive but enjoyable. All staff were very helpful, 'smiley' and willing especially the entertainment crew who put their all into the shows, Ricky in particular was fantastic, very good with the children and a natural born entertainer. It was a shame the pool hadn't been finished as my granddaughter was looking forward to swimming but maybe next time!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anne W
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of our park.

I am so pleased your holiday home was everything you needed while staying with us and that the blocked plumbing was dealt with quickly for you.

Ricki is defintely one of our loved team members on park and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to him.

Our pool has now been finished and is looking fantastic, we hope you will visit us again to make full use of this :)

SOMERSET ENGLAND
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Well our son is a serving soldier and is serving oversea's at this time so we decided to treat our 6 yr old grandson to a holiday at the sea side . We choose this site as it was very near home and we could take him back to school Tuesday morning and stay the rest of the week by ourselves . We arrived on the Friday after school and were well greeted by all staff , and proceeded to LV2 And OMG was shocked at the layout and décor .I had booked a platinum caravan which was spacious and ect ect but this one looked nothing like the one on the web site .So I waited for my husband to arrive about 1/2 an hour after my grandson and I .He wasn't impressed either and for a caravan which at 1/2 price was over £350 we expected better , you couldn't have 2 doors open in the bedroom area at the same time , you could only just fit between the twin beds , the fire alarm was beeping every couple of mins and a light switch in lounge area had the switch missing so little fingers could have poked in , it was dark and not at all like the internet photos :-( .So we went up to reception where I asked if we were given the wrong keys !! We were escorted to a side room and we explained our disappointment the girl was great and very very apologetic my grandson very upset as there were no other caravans any better , so we had a refund and drove home .Not the end though, 2 days ago we had a letter to apologise that we were not informed of the closure of the swimming pool area so if we stayed we would have been even more upset .So overall in our experience not at all good .However the staff were very understanding and I bear no malice towards them , it is so unfair that photos that bear no resemblance to what you get are allowed online , if the actual caravan was online we would never had booked and saved our grandson a lot of heart ache
SHAME ON YOU HAVEN

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review.

I am sorry that the holiday home you were allocated was not to your expectations. Our holiday homes do vary between make and model and the pictures on are website are for representation purposes only.

Our swimming was refurbished this year and it has been advertised on our website to be opening on March 29th. I understand the upset that this would have caused if you had stayed with us, unaware that the swimming pool was closed.

I am so sorry that you did not feel that you could stay with us for your holiday and if you are to change your mind in the future about coming back to us, I would be more than happy to assist you with any booking and personally over see everything for you.

Pippa Jarvis
Cardiff
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Booked a weekend stay through our local paper and stayed end of September 2013. Large proportion of private owners on this site which explains why cheap deals are rare, and you can appreciate why there are so many owners here as it is a lovely park.

Easy access to Burnham on Sea and the beach direct from the park, whilst all of the usual on site activities for children. Evening entertainment the usual that you expect from Haven, and the indoor swimming pool was also good (has been refurbished for 2014 now as well)

Certainly met our expectations, and would certainly return .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have direct access to the promenade so you can enjoy the local beach and the local town is just a short walk from us.

We hope to see you back soon!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here twice in 2013. The site itself is very well kept and located within 5 minutes walk of Burnham On Sea. Our accomadation on both occasions was clean and tidy. The Facilities were also good, nice pool. The entertainment was ok. Easy to get to 5 minute drive from M5. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

I am so pleased that you enjoyed both stays you had with us last year.

We look forward to seeing you this year and in the future. Don't forget we've had our pool refurbished this year and it's all open now!

Just let us know if you need any information about booking and we will do our best to help!

Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife, 2 year old daughter and I visited the park in September 2013. My wife has particularly fond memories of visiting here as a child which reassured that this would be a cracking holiday. Upon arrival I was impressed with the general up keep of the park which was clean and well looked after. If you have visited a Havan before all the parks are standard with an arcade, papa Johns. I was quite shocked when I visited the town. I was expecting a vibrant, buzzing sea side town with arcades, fish and chip shops everywhere but its pretty dead. One pub, a few half decent shops, a couple of restaurants. The towns major downfall is that the beach cannot attract visitors. The tide travels down a estuary so it is either covered in sea or when the tide out becomes a huge damp sand plain. Its notoriously dangerous and has caused deaths. Burnham on sea is good base to visit some good attractions which include Wooky Hole, a cave network situated in a creepy somerset village. Cheddar gorge which it steeped in history (more caves as well!) and of course Weston Supermare. A quintessentially English sea side resort. The haven park entertainment is average but my daughter loved it which is what's important.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AdamJMFraser
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you chose to return to us after your wife having such find memories of coming to visit us as a child! We do our best to keep our park looking green and inviting and I am so glad you were impressed with the look of our park.

Burnham does have many pubs and shops to offer our guests who come to visit us and it can take a wander round to find these. Please always ask us for any local information and we will be sure to point you in the right direction :)

We are very lucky to have so many attractions in the surrounding area and I hope you enjoyed your days visiting these.

I am so pleased your daughter loved your stay and I hope to welcome you back to Burnham in the future.
poole,dorset
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Went in April September and November 2013. Love it and can't wait to get back there this year. The lake is just gorgeous and we always pay the extra to stay lakeside. Fishing keeps hubby happy.
The walk along the seafront into town is flat and easy.
The bars on the site are not too badly priced.
New swimming pool will be great
See you in April. Then sept then nov for the carnival lol

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank sarebear1974
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Wow, thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so happy you love spending time with us at Burnham. Much like you, we are very excited about our new swimming pool which is beginning to take shape! It will be open to all of our guests from March 29th.
We look forward to seeing you on your 3 holidays this year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham-On-Sea
The Royal Clarence Hotel
#4 of 14 in Burnham-On-Sea
The Victoria Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#5 of 13 in Burnham-On-Sea

Been to Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!