“Food stained caravans ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnham-On-Sea
Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We upgraded to deluxe before we visited for a cost of £70
On arrival there was a sign displaying upgrades available deluxe plus for £50 and prestige for £60 so before we had even checked in we were upset
Got the keys to our van and it was disgusting pubic hair on the toilet food everywhere dog hairs everywhere even though they claimed to of cleaned it
Food in the restaurant was poor and overpriced they claimed to have a variety of organic baby food at £1.75 but actually they only had cheese and cauliflower for 4 day's so we were forced into buying our 15 month old a kids meal at the cost of £6 when asked if they could turn into a baby portion they advised they could reduce the portion but not the cost
The site was Ok and close to beach but overall one of the dirtiest caravans I've ever seen so much for our luxury holiday

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lindzi_g
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

I am so sorry that your holiday home was not up to the standards of cleanliness you were expecting. We have an on hand Accommodation Team who would have been happy to pop down to your holiday home and fix all of your concerns if they had been made aware.

We do have a variety of meals for our younger guests and I apologise that these seemed to be out of stock while you were staying with us.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me on burnhamtripadvisor@haven.com and I will do my best to help

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our park and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had a 3 day break at this Park which we have visited numerous times. The caravan was well equipped and was immaculate. The Park itself is well maintained and staff were very friendly and seemed to care about their guests. A walk around the lakes is lovely. We managed to extend our stay for another night as the Carnival was on. We had never seen it before and it is fantastic. We stood outside Morrison’s so had a great view of the carnival coming up the High Street and turning into Marine Drive. If you don’t want to walk into Burnham the Carnival ends virtually opposite the entrance to the Holiday Park. The entries are brilliant, costumes, make-up and the work involved is amazing and the amount of light bulbs is incredible.
You can take the bus to Bridgwater and Weston for a day out.
We certainly have no hesitation in returning to this Park again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we managed to extend your stay so you could see the local carnival! It is definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it before.

We are lucky to be very close to lots of places to visit and so many things to do in the surrounding area.

We look forward to seeing you at Burnham soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

After arriving and finaly finding our keys at mr not very happy security hut we proceeded to find our accommodation and was mortified to see that we had to trudge through mud and soaking grass to get there.. Opened the door to the wonderful smell of damp and in every room leaking wet and coverd in filth and mould.. We were in a superior caravan get superior is just a word and means nothing when greeted by this.. Felt the whole haven experience was so poor we may of well just threw our money in the bin... Un helpful staff filthy accomadation over priced cheap food and I have never been anywhere where the customer is blamed for everything.. Save your money folks.. I could go in for hours as so much is wrong and ruined our holiday and the children's .

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Ahh11

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

I am so sorry that you had some cause for concern during your stay with us. Our Accommodation Team would have been happy to pop down and rectify everything they could for you, or we could have looked at moving you into an alternative holiday home if we had been aware of your disappointment.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me on burnhamtripadvisor@haven.com and I do will my best to help.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed in Oct half term. Second visit this year, returned as our kids ( aged 3 and 6) had such a great time in April. They loved the evening entertainment , the Funstars, particularly Anxious and Ricky, I struggled to get them to leave each night! We've been to many holiday parks, this was the best children's entertainment we've seen, and they also loved the water activities, archery and the playground. Would definitely recommend to other families. Take wellies in case you have to cross a muddy field to get to your caravan as we did ( the one downside, no path, a long way to carry luggage and tired children).

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I was so pleased to learn you and your family had such a lovely time. Ricky and Anxious send their regards to your all!

We do have some areas that do not have paths to keep as much greenery as possible around the park, though if you think you would be more comfortable with a path, please let us know this and we can but the request on the booking for you.

We hope you come back to see us soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I'm surprised to see some poor reviews for this site. We have just returned from a 4 night break during half term and our kids had a wonderful time and can't wait to return to a Haven holiday again. My children are 4 and 8 and my 4 year old loved seeing the Characters on stage and both children enjoyed the Go Live section of the evening.

The site and caravan (we were in deluxe plus) were spotlessly clean, and the public areas including the park, tennis courts and sports area were well maintained.

We went during October half term so it was the end of the season, but the park was full and the entertainment team were still energetic and enthusiastic.

If there is any criticism about the park it's that the show bar is too small when the park is full so make sure you get there early if you want a table (although there are chairs available so you should always be able to get a seat) and we were a bit dissapointed about the pool. The pool isn't open all day and neither is the slide. The water was pretty cold and there aren't enough changing rooms so there was a que for changing. Also the changing rooms weren't that clean. However, the kids still enjoyed it, and this could just have been because the park was so busy and so many people using the pool.

All in all we had a great holiday and would definately try Haven again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CazZ4037OB

Thank you so much for your recent trip advisor review.

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We have many different grades of holiday home on Park and I am glad you found your Deluxe Plus everything you wanted it to be!

We are in the midst of getting everything ready to refurbish our pool now we have closed for the season and I do hope you and your family come back to see us next year. The pool will be 50% bigger with new features, a new Reception area and new changing facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Burnham in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I first went to Haven at Burnham on Sea at Easter 2012, and whilst it wasn't a "bad" holiday, it wasn't particularly brilliant either.

We returned at October break 2013, having booked a "Luxury Plus" holiday through Breakfree Holidays.

Now - first things first - the term "Luxury Plus" would give one the impression that they've booked a "luxury" caravan, perhaps with some additional comforts. No - it doesn't. A luxury plus caravan is just a normal run of the mill caravan but is 12 foot wide instead of 10. I had booked "luxury plus" because 2 members of our family travelling with us have lung disorders, one has COPD and the other Cystic Fibrosis therefore it was imperative we had a caravan where there was heating throughout. This is something that I daresay Haven and Breakfree Holidays should get together and discuss, that way, clients know what they're booking. Had I known I was paying for an ordinary caravan, just 2 feet wider, I wouldn't have bothered paying the extra £80 or so.

I had called Haven in advance to advise them of our family issues, they told us they were fully booked and they couldn't offer us an alternative in advance. In the end, the allocations person had read the notes, and put us in a caravan with fan heating in the bedrooms. So that was great - but it could have been a nightmare.

Got settled into the caravan nicely, called to ask for additional pillows (they allocate one per person) and we have 2 in our party with lung disorders, therefore, they need elevation (from pillows) and were advised that we had to go to the "Hire Shop" and hire additional pillows.

Pillows sorted, we had a temperamental fire in the lounge, sometimes it would light, sometimes not. Beds were as expected. DVD player was a bit like the fire, temperamental, but in the case of the DVD player, it's probably just a new set of batteries required.

Entertainment - now here's the reason that we families with children who either cannot afford to go abroad, or who perhaps cannot fly (for example, my 5 year old son has autism and CF, taking him on an aircraft would be a very risky thing to do), somewhat makes us a target audience. In the past few years, I have seen far more holiday camp entertainment than I would care to admit. I have to say that on this occasion it was woeful. I don't know on which planet the Haven authorities think we all come from but watching a pink elephant flounder around on a stage to a backing CD isn't entertainment. Nor is watching the "Sunshine Crew" do exactly the same thing. In fact, the entertainment team seemed lacking completely. A few months back we had a week at Chesil Vista in Weymouth - I would strongly suggest that you send your entertainment team there for a few days to learn how to "entertain".

Mash N Barrel - this was the worst. Went once last time we came at Easter 2012, and had breakfasts, which we returned to the kitchen because the albumen of the eggs was still raw. This time (October 2013) was no different, this time we stopped for dinner. Ordered children's portions of "Roast Chicken Dinner". Firstly, the chicken was "chargrilled" not roasted, secondly, we had to stop when we could see spots of blood in the chicken. It was a lady called Carly who offered to either replace it or change it for something else. No-one fancied the idea of chargrilled raw roast chicken, so asked for chicken tika masala instead. This was almost as awful as the raw chargrilled (not roast) chicken, the sauce was coolish in temperature, and there was a distinct "burning" smell from the dish. It didn't have chicken tika pieces in it, it had chargrilled chicken in it again. Fearing that it was the same chargrilled chicken that we'd already sent back to the kitchen, it wasn't eaten. Needless to say, we won't have another meal in the mash and barrel again.

Swimming Pool - last time (Easter 2012) we were advised to remove our shoes to walk from Reception to the pool changing area, the shoes to be to be put in the "shelving areas" at Reception. We learned last time that it wasn't a good idea to put your shoes there, as you come out and find that someone has taken a like to your shoes and don't get them back again. We didn't go swimming this time due to some of the reviews that we had read.

Bouncy Castle - I read with interest the information on the Haven pages about a new soft play area in the Show Bar. It's not soft play, it's a bouncy castle. There were big kids climbing up the walls and scaling the roof and bounding around without care compromising the safety of the smaller children. Probably one of the worst aspects of trying to improve a failing entertainment unit by adding an item that I'm actually surprised they don't charge for - they charge for almost everything else.

I think my one pet peeve about the complex o

All in all, it's dated, not what it appears. It's very expensive for what it is, and frankly there are other sites that are cleaner,

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Michelle E
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

The Luxury Plus grade of holiday home is the equivalent to our Deluxe. These are 12ft wide models with a gas fire in the lounge. If you are booking through a 3rd party company like Breakfree and are looking for a holiday home with heating in the bedrooms, you would need to book a Premier. These equate to our Deluxe Plus holiday homes and have fan heating in the bedrooms for when the weater turns a bit more chilly. I am glad that we had a holiday home with fan heating in the bedrooms to offer you.

I am sorry if the our entertainment was not to your expectations, we do our best to cater for everyone who is holidaying with us and entertainment can be a very personal preference.

Our Mash and Barrel team would have done their best to look after you if they had been made aware of the concerns you had while dining with them.

We are very excited at Burnham about the pool development which is going ahead over our closed season. The pool will be 50% bigger with new features, a new Reception and new changing facilities too!

If you’d like to email me on burnhamtripadvisor@haven.com with your feedback about your stay with us, I can personally look into this for you.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Park.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had never been to a Haven before always trying to avoid them and only booked this as an extremely last minute weekend away, the price was too good to turn down, so we didn't know what to expect.

Upon arrival the grounds were well kept and security was spot on, we pulled up to check in, which went smoothly, then followed the map to our static caravan, which was clean and spacious and better than we had expected. There were a lot of facilities on site, the majority you had to pay for though the pool area looked clean but was too cold to go in. The restaurant food was fine, a bit pricey, but everywhere was clean. The entertainment wasn't bad either, although we couldn't stay too long.

You cant fault the security of the site we even saw them escorting back some young lads, of about 13, who had been shouting around the site.

I would come back here as there was lots to do in the surrounding area

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review and for letting Burnham be your first visit to a Haven site!

I am so pleased that your holiday home was everything you wanted it to be for your quick get away.

All of our teams work so hard to make sure our Park is everything our guests are expecting and need during their time away, whether it be for a quick break or a family holiday.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Burnham in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham-On-Sea
The Royal Clarence Hotel
#20 of 28 in Weston super Mare
The Sundowner Hotel
The Sundowner Hotel
#1 of 1 in Highbridge

Been to Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!