Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven
$53
  • Beachfront
$53
Days Inn Sedgemoor M5(Cheddar)(Great Value!)
$42
$41
$72
PremierInn.com
Admirals Table(Bridgwater)
$59
$91
$79
Beachlands Hotel(Weston super Mare)
$113
PremierInn.com
1,130 results
All reviewsmash and barrelpapa johnsprestige caravanindoor poolevening entertainmentlovely parkentertainment complexspar shopgreat holidaysafari tentlovely sitelake viewfishing laketouring caravanfish and chip shopseaside squadlovely caravan
FilterAll languages
998 - 1,003 of 1,130 reviews
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe plus caravan with my daughters aged 3 and 5. The accommodation was described as having a gas fire in the lounge and fan heaters in the bedrooms, so it was a very welcome suprise to discover on arrival, that there was gas central heating, which was a definite bonus on the cold spring days and nights. The caravan was immaculate and appeared to be a new model for the 2013 season. I specified at the time of booking a quiet location, away from the lakes and wasn't disappointed. We were situated very near the exit to the Burnham on Sea esplanade which was ideal with two youngsters.

I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of the day and night time entertainment. My children were entralled by the Funstars and the Seaside Squad characters. Overall this was a relaxing break, particularly because of the child friendly activities. I am considering booking a summer break at Haven on this basis.

3  Thank Angela F
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Okay so I have been going haven for years with my family, this year me(21) my partner(40) my baby(9 monthes) my mum(55) my sis(13) my bro(18). so my brother had nothing to do(not fault of the site he is autistic and hates holidays), my sister no longer enjoys the entertainment they say it is family but it always under 10s and over 18s also no teen club! very disapointed. we were lucky she has just started fishing so used the fishing lake as recently had puchased a licence and equipment. my mum normally enjoys the evening entertainment but due to the club being tooo noisey she could not go as her son would not enjoy it. as for the amount of stuff for babies unless you have a water baby like us who enjoys swimming theres nothing for them. there no longer personal conections with customers either. me and my partner with my baby other than going arcade for candy floss and to win pointless tickets we really had nothing to do. i have always previously loved haven untill now, i will not be visiting again now for a long time. VERY DISAPOINTED

Room Tip: make sure your accomadation has heating
2  Thank Gemz C
Reviewed April 6, 2013

As owners of a caravan park it may seem a strange choice for a holiday, but its good to see what the others are doing. The park is well maintained clean and well laid out. Every evening there is a selection of childrens and adult entertaiment, The entertainment staff, in fact all of the staff are friendly and approachable even the security guards. With only the indoor pool open it was very busy, not sure how it would cope during bad weather if the site was full. Resturant food is good quality and value, there is also a Pizza Take Away that will deliver to you caravan

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim A
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We've visited Burnham on Sea many times over the last few years so decided to take a break over the Easter Weekend. The Caravan was a Prestige on Lake View - couldn't really fault it lovely van although the cleaning left a lot to be desired - tv cabinet hadn't been touched in weeks you could write your name in the dust!

I thought the entertainment provided by the Funstars was much slicker and professional - instead of the endless 'coming up in half an hour' announcements and the playing of z list songs from back in the day we had quite fast changeover of events and the Funstars themselves were keen and interacted well with the audience.

Generally the staff were friendly as ever however the major disappointment for us was the Mash & Barrel - the service here is truly awful, lots of young staff who seem to enjoy chatting and flirting with each other more than focus on customers who have to wait an eternity for food. On Easter Sunday although not amazingly busy we waited 20 mins for drinks, 40 mins for the meal and even then the order was wrong even though the waitress read the order back to us.

We asked for sauces and they never appeared.

The site is lovely - nice and clean BUT they need to sort out the issues at the Mash & Barrel certainly not the best customer service - the food itself is of a good standard.

The Spa shop has everything you could want at some rather dubious pricing.

One final thing I wish they would bring back the on site Fish & Chip Shop - not everyone is keen on Papa Johns Pizza.

Overall 7 out of 10 let down by Mash & Barrel.

3  Thank SteveH993
Burham H, Guest Relations Manager at Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I’m glad you liked to accommodation but I am sorry that a few things had seemed to be overlooked when the cleaners were preparing it for you.

We have had lots of positive feedback about the entertainment and I’m glad you enjoyed your evenings with us.

We have changed our service style from the full service style you received where the team take your order at the table, to a part service style where guests order at the bar. We have found this has had a positive effect on our guests dining experience and less waiting time. I hope you return to us in the future and see the changes we have made to make your dining experience more enjoyable for you and your family.

Pippa Jarvis

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Was looking forward to our week way, caravan was faultless, entertainment was ok but not great most nights we were entertained by only the staff singing and dancing. Drinks at the bar was expensive we found. We had most evening dinner in the weather spoons pub down the road due to the mash and barrel restaurant on the site was extremely poor and would never go back there for food again . As the drinks came out 45mins after we ordered them also when we ordered food it was cold and wasn't cooked properly ' once complained they took meal away to replace and start again which took a further 30mins which at that point my partner had finished there meals. So was eating on my own and again wasn't enjoyed one bit as he still wasn't hot so gave up with it, we asked for sauces and said they will go get them and didn't return. Also very expensive for a cold dinner. I wouldn't go back there, I was expecting abit more than we did. Shame really as park looked great in the photos.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your experience in the Mash and Barrel. From our guests feedback we changed the service style from the full table service which we were running while you were on Park, to part service where guests order at the bar. This has had a positive effect on the dining experience and helped to decrease the wait times on drinks and food. I do hope if you were to return to us, you would try the Mash and Barrel again and have an enjoyable experience with us.

Pippa Jarvis