“Tranquil setting, clean, very enjoyable.”

Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Tranquil setting, clean, very enjoyable.”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We have just returned from Burnham on sea holiday village and i would like to share with people what a lovely park it is.
We stayed in a Lakeside exclusive caravan which was of a very high standard, very clean and warm.
It had lovely thick carpets and a very comfortable suede settee, a fully equiped kitchen with plenty of storage. A large flatscreen TV
There was 2 toilets and the best shower i have ever had in a caravan.
The bedrooms were compact but perfectly formed with plenty of storage.
The setting right by the edge of a lake was beautiful.
We have stayed at many Haven sites but i think that this is the best as its much more peaceful than other Haven parks i have visited.
It has the usual noisy arcade that the children love, the pool is small and has a slide but can get crowded as its not very big.
The Mash and Barrel which is the onsite bar/restaurant served great food at reasonable prices by lovely friendly staff.
The only negative is the showbar! firstly it is upstairs which is not great for people with pushchairs or the disabled but there is a lift available you just need to ask, but my main bugbear is that it is soooo LOUD!! i have 4 children so i am used to noise but the volume on the speakers must be pumped up to the max! i could not stand it i felt like my ear drums were going to burst, my 4 yr old also could not take the noise he spent the 10 mins that we were up there with his hands firmly clamped over his ears!! But in saying that my husband and other children love it up there and the entertainment that is provided.
There is lots of walking to do in Burnham walking along the seawall for a few miles is my favourite, plus there is a leisure park right next door to the sight with wild animals and recreational areas. I would highly recommend Burnham on sea holiday village.

Room Tip: caravans away from the entertainment complex will give you a more peaceful stay, the platinum and ex...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank sarahandrews1706

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We have had a number of Haven Caravan Holidays at different parks over the last 6 years and decided to revisit Burnham-On-Sea Holiday Village. The last time we were there was in September 2008. My husband and I booked a 2 bedroom platium caravan and were assured by the booking agent( Haven call Centre) that we would get this as I have walking difficulties and needed this caravan as the space in the main bedroom is required for me to get around with ease,(did not book a disability friendly caravan as i do not need a wheelchair and did want to deprive a person who needed it more than I). After collecting the key on Mon 12th Sept 2011 the allegated caravan was a 3 bedroom which had limited space in the main bedroom. Other promblems we found were, the seating on the sofas were all stained, the second toilet had the toilet roll handle ripped off and every time we took a shower the water leeked under the caravan. It looked as through someone had used a dustpan and brush and tipped the contents in the boiler cupboard. The park it self was very clean and well maintained but the main entertainment building had a few problems, a number of the video/slot machines were broken and they are very dated. We had a meal at the mash and barrel on the monday night and there seemed to be a number of tables that was left with food on, had to wait nearly 1 hour for meal which was average at best/ found that the premium inn at Lymnspham were doing evening meals from £4.99 so we ate there the rest of the week, the only other choice on site is pizza which would be fine for 1 night. Time seems to have should still at this park which is a shame.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you book
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carolyn C
Runcorn
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We arrived on monday 29th august and stayed for 4 nights coming home Froday 2nd September. It was me, my fiance and my 2 children aged 3 years and 9 months.

I stayed in a superior caravan, situated in Quantock close, and the location was perfect as we werent too close to the entertainment venue so was away from the noise. ALso just over the road was the lake which was lovely and in the morning we would be welcomed by some ducks and geese by the caravan. Also some seaguls which were quite funny and not really noisy.

We didnt eat in the Mash and Barrel as i had read reviews about it and was offputting, however i did look at the menu and thought it was quite expensive. However in the town there is a wetherspoons just round the corner opposite morrisons and also there is a ovely resturant next door opposite morrisons which is a restuarant?icecream palour. We did however eat in papa johns twice the 2nd time we had it delievered to our table in the showbar.

THe entertainment was brilliant and my 3year old daughter really enjoyed it. The swimming pool was great and was a good idea giving you a coloured band so you spent 1hour 1/2 in pool the your band would have to get out. SOme people may complain about this but you dont need to be in the pool for that long and it stops overcrowding.

The beach was ok but not suitable for sunbathing as its mixture of sand and mud and didnt really build good sandcastles.

We stayed at this park so we could go to Longleat safari park during our stay. The safari park was fantastic, and we will be stayin at this park again so we can go back to the safari park.

Would reccomend staying here

Room Tip: longest walk from caravan to venue is 5mins ( with kids) so dont think you have to be close to every...
1 Thank Katie S
Dubai
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Clean and comfy caravan. Fabulous entertainment in the evening. Restaurant food not the greatest but ok.

• Stayed August 2011
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We visited here for 1 night with my husband and 2 children aged 4 and 6 when we visted my sister in law while she was staying at the park with her family as a visitor. The caravan was an 8 birth and was lovely and clean and spacious. When we arrived we went to reception to let them know that we would be staying they said this was fine and had to purchase entertainment passes so we could use the facilities, which was fine and cost £5 each, but these ran out at 6 o clock on the evening and we were unable to watch the entertainment in the evening, which was very disappointing for the children as Haven wouldnt give us a pass for this, even though we were given permission to stay and the caravan could easily accomate the whole family.

This caravan park is bigger than it looks and has some stunning lakes surrounding the park, with many privatley owned caravans, tents and tourers and rented caravans the facilities such as the swimming is way to small to accomdate everybody. Haven have very stirct rules and your passes are needed just to use the arcade and the resturant.

While my sister in law was using the bikes with her family, i popped to the on site spar shop and got rolls to eat back at the caravan, on was on my back into the entertainment area when the security gaurd stopped my and said i couldnt bring them in as only food purchased from the entertainment venue could be taken in and had to leave them at the door with them - utterly ridiculas. The Beach at Burnham was also a total let down no sea in sight and mud instead of sand.

I wont be rushing back here any time soon!

1 Thank nickis1976
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed in the Safari Tent for a week during summer holidays. Have camped loads of times before but our own tent was destroyed a couple of years back in the gales so booked for the Safari tent for a change. The tent was great. Had everything you needed and very comfy beds (except for my husband who is 6'2" and the bed is prob for not such tall people). This is the first time we have stayed in a Haven site and have to say that it was ok but not fab and not too sure that I would go to a Haven again. Having said that my two children aged 8 and 12 loved it. The swimming pools closed about 5.30, the activities that you need passes for or pay at the time were very restricted indeed and you had to book up way in advance. But what I must say is that staying in any tent on site you must have ear plugs! The seagulls in this area woke us all up at 5.30 a.m. every day. This is no exaggeration, they were so bad I could not cope with it. Really really bad. So if that had not have happened then I would have possibly enjoyed the stay more. Don't get me wrong, we had a fab week but not at 5.30 a.m. Come on Seagulls, its just wrong!!! I did not fancy the restaurant, but because our tent had a gas bbq with gas supplied we just had to get some meat, salad etc. Also we had a hob and a microwave so bought some curries, pasta etc. So eating was easy. The supermarket was also very local. I hated the upstairs entertainment area, it was hot and horrid. But the children enjoyed it, luckily for us they were old enough to pop along themselves. The Safari Tent area was its own little village and we met fellow campers, had some great evenings. Could I say I would recommend........... really not sure. I personally would not go back to Burnham on Sea but that is because of the Seagulls !! Also I found the toilets and showers were always dirty. Some filthy people out there!

Room Tip: Safari Tents are great.....but earplugs essential !
2 Thank sassyme_11
London
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We've been to this Haven site a few times now. My mother and sister live in Dorset so we stop on the way through (kind of) to pick them up and make our way to Burnham.

The location is fantastic, the park is right on the beach front and when the tide is out that beach is amazing, miles of sand and shallow water to paddle in. The whole site is completely flat and so is the long promenade out to the town centre, perfect for my mother who enjoys a walk but can't cope with gradients any more.

As with all such sites, the onsite shop is well stocked but pricey, but there is a supermarket just 10 minutes walk or 2 minutes drive away. The same can be said for the fast food outlets, although I have to say the Papa Johns pizza is very nice and they deliver it to the caravan if you wish.

The club house, bar area, and entertainment area are very nice, they appear to have been updated this year and are nowhere near as crowded as some we've experienced. And the caravan locations, the flat site means that apart from the occasional pond/lake they have no obstacles to placing the vans and they seem to have done a good job of keeping the place feeling a little more open than some.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham-On-Sea
The Royal Clarence Hotel
#26 of 28 in Weston super Mare
Sandy Glade Holiday Park
Sandy Glade Holiday Park
#4 of 14 in Burnham-On-Sea

Been to Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!