“Lovely place and best breakfast I ever had in the UK!!!”
Review of Knights Rest

Knights Rest
Ranked #10 of 13 Burnham-On-Sea B&B and Inns
London
“Lovely place and best breakfast I ever had in the UK!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Room was nicely designed, all was totally clean. Location great. Owners extremely friendly and helpful. Got complimentary tea and biscuits, had a fantastic breakfast, were helped to make a reservation in the local restaurant, helped with parking. Could not wish for more. The only thing which would make the stay even more perfect would be an en-suit. But that wasnt a big problem either. So thank you very much for a lovely service and maybe see you soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank janab007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
bristol
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say about this place ,it's a lovely little b&b it was lovely and clean and tidy the bed was very comfy the breakfast was great just what we needed to start the day off on such a cold morning.The only couple of negative things about this place was the parking or should I say lack of it and the ensuite was so small and was not worth paying the extra money to have it .
But all in all a nice little place to stay

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pembrokeshire
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Knights Rest for a couple of nights before Christmas with our dog and we found the accommodation comfortable and clean. We have to agree with the previous comments though about the very small en suite bathroom and the lack of a table to one side of the bed. But apart from that the breakfast was good and the owners friendly. Unfortunately we were unable to park outside so we used the car park around the corner, making sure that we put money in before 9am otherwise we would have been booked by the patrolling traffic warden!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at Knight's Rest for 1 night. The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable.Breakfast was very good and the proprietors very friendly. On the down side - I rang and asked for the availability of a DOUBLE room. I was told there was one available with an en-suite. On arrival our bedroom was a twin room with two single beds pushed together. Having reviewed the property photographs since our return I notice that the room normally has 2 single beds with a bedside table inbetween. This explained why there was only one bedside table in the room and I had to put my glasses case on the radiator at one side of the bed. The en-suite is also spotless but absolutely tiny. A small square shower with curtain, nestles up against a toilet. It is easier to sit on the toilet and then shut the room door (as it is so close to the end of your knees) than to shut the door then try to sit down!..
Overall the accommodation was spotlessly clean and the proprietors unquestionably amiable and helpful, however I would rather be told upfront if the type of room I have requested is not available but an alternative is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Duffort
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My stay was very comfortable and my hosts, Hugh and Jenny, could not have been more welcoming or helpful. I stayed in a single room which was very comfortable, clean and well heated. The breakfast was wonderful (and vegetarian was no problem for them) and I had the chance to sample some home-made marmalade which was delicious! Jenny and Hugh made the effort to give me a slightly earlier breakfast than advertised on the second morning as I had to leave to catch my plane, a gesture which was very greatly appreciated as I had to leave early for the airport and the journey itself was rather problematic. All in all I had a very friendly and family feel from this B&B, which is very near to town and within walking distance of most things, including the beach.
A couple of things to bear in mind:
The rooms are all upstairs and there is a shared bathroom, which is not a problem so long as you are not in a hurry to use the toilet! This is not a criticism, just an observation.
Parking can be very awkward with double yellow lines on both roads (the B&B is on the corner but the road is quiet). Choose very carefully where to park in order to avoid the traffic wardens wrath!
I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B as a nice, quiet, comfortable and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night and found the room very clean and the bed was comfortable.
It is very handy to walk to the sea front and town centre.
The breakfast was lovely, with the usual choice of cereal, toast and various hot breakfast items on offer.
There is a good choice of tea & coffee in the room and a flat screen TV with all the digital channels.
The only gripe I have is that the en-suite, was at best, a cupboard.
The shower cubicle was that small, that trying even the simplest of tasks left you with the shower curtain clinging to your torso , I say "Cubicle" it was a shower tray with a curtain around it.
I know that everyone expects en-suite facilities in this day and age, but i defy anyone to manage a comfortable shower in room 2.
The toilet in the en-suite was also very awkward, once you shut the door and sit down your nose is touching the door.

Room Tip: Avoid room 2 if you appreciate a decent en-suite