“Always a great place to be”

Sundance Guest Ranch
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I go to Sundance a few times every year. I always look forward to it and I am never disappointed. It is my favorite place!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pasture have a great view of the horses coming and going.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I just spent the weekend at Sundance ranch for their ladies-only weekend. The weather was great, the staff was friendly and attentive, and the food was great! The horses are well- taken care of and Brian the stable manager truly cares about his horses which is nice to see. In regards in the rides the wranglers take you on, some are better than others ( Tim's Trail is the best). I found some of the geography of the rides a bit boring due to all the tumbleweed, I prefer more forest. The rooms are bare bones basic, but hey, you are staying at a ranch, what should you expect? There is a couple rooms with pool tables, board games, video games etc. for evening entertainment and they also organized some fun games for us ladies. I would 100% go back again.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Just returned from a week in Canada, suring which I spent 3 nights with a friend at the Sundance Ranch.

The ranch is in a beautiful location, it's semi-desert there which means it's very dry, however this doesn't take anything away from the surroundings which are mountainous and majestic and make for exceptionally good trail riding - and the chances of being rained on are very low!

The service at the ranch is exceptional, with every single member of staff going out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The food is fantastic, and the communal lounge, with it's large open fire, is a relaxing and sociable space.

The rooms are not luxurious, however they are comfortable and in keeping with the rest of the ranch. I had 3 fabsulous nights sleep so definitely no complaints about the beds which have lovely feather duvets and pillows.

My horse was great and I rode him for the whole of the break, as an advanced rider you always worry that horses that ride in groups all the time will be unresponsive, however nothing could be further from the truth, I felt the horse was always doing as I asked and not just what the others were doing. My friend rode 3 different horses during our stay, and really enjoyed experiencing a variety of different horses, all of which were very well trained, and seemed exceptionally well cared for.

I guess the most telling information I can give you is that I'm already planning my return for 2012!

If you're reading this, thanks Sundance Ranch!! xx

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have just returned from a months holiday in Canada of which our stay at Sundance Guest Ranch was one of the highlights. We chose Sundance over several other alternatives because of the promptness with which they responded to emails and how easy they made it to book and pay - even from the other side of the world in different time zones. It was our first visit to Canada - and our first for a guest ranch - this is now the very high standard to which all others will have to aspire. Firstly - value for money was excellent - rooms were clean and comfortable and in keeping with the homey and western theme of the ranch. Don't go expecting modern or glamourous - if you do you will be disappointed. The meals, which were included in the tariff, were wonderful - there was plenty of food and the kitchen managed to provide special meals for us due to allergies. This is not Las Vegas - and we didn't come to Sundance expecting an all-singing, all-night party - so we were very happy to play Yahtzee in the games/lounge room or watch a movie in the evening.
We also had a special treat while at the ranch - after having been told by lots of people that we would be too far south to see the Aurora Borealis - we were truly fortunate to have it light up the sky on our first night at the ranch!!! Very special.
All the staff at the ranch were wonderful - they could not be more friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and were willing to go the extra mile to make our stay one of the best things we have ever done. The guides and wranglers were great - its been many years since I did any horseriding and due to patient instruction and wonderful horses - I quickly regained my confidence and be the end of our short stay, I was riding with a great deal of enjoyment and confidence as were my children who enjoyed the experience so much they want to go back as soon as possible. We loved the horses.
Sundance catered really well for my 10yo son. He was disappointed that we travelled at a time when there were no other children for him to ride with but he had a great experience and wanted to take his horse(Aspen) home with him. In short, we loved the whole experience. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank aprilsun1268
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We've been to this resort 4 times (3 in the last year alone!) because we love the setting and the riding. It's not a fancy resort: the amenities are mostly limited to a seasonal pool, a horseshoe pit and a lounge/game room, but it's homey and the staff really makes you feel welcome. The rooms are somewhat shabby, so don't come expecting a 4-star resort (and bring your own shampoo, etc. as well!) but they are clean and comfortable -- and you won't be spending much time in your room anyway. Todd, the chef, is amazing, and his culinary expertise continually blows me away. The wranglers and the riding are outstanding, and they have about a zillion trails to choose from on any given day. We've ridden horses all over the world, and we keep coming back to Sundance Ranch (and will be back in 2012 -- we've already booked a week!)

Room Tip: The named rooms (Rodeo, Buffalo, etc.) are definitely worth the upgrade price. They are much bigger...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This was our first visit to Sundance and we loved it. We felt relaxed and the whole experience couldn't have been better. If you want highfaluting hotel rooms and snobby attitude this is NOT for you!! If you want to kick back, have a good time and feel like you are with a large group of friends, this IS for you!! The wranglers were great and made sure everyone was comfortable with all aspects of the ride. The chefs cooked up a storm and the front line staff accommodated every wish. Really what more could anyone ask for?? No wonder there are so many people that keep returning to Sundance - we certainly plan to!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2011

First time horse riding ever!!. Great welcome from all the staff. Food was superb, Accomodation was basic but very clean.
Had a great time, but as a beginner could have done with a little more tuition.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Sundance Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!