“Nice hotel but in need of refurb”
Review of The George Inn

The George Inn
Ranked #18 of 24 Restaurants in Crewkerne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights when visiting family nearby. The hotel rooms are across the street from the bar and the noise from the bar was quite loud until late so I don't recommend this hotel for a light sleeper. We had an en-suite room with a double & a single bed. The room was nice just a little dated. The breakfast was lovely and plentiful.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The george hotel looks lovely from the outside until you walk in. The furniture is dark brown and looks very dated giving it a really dreary atmosphere as does the rest of the place. could be a very lovely place if they spent some money on it. The food is nice though and good value for money with plenty of choice.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a friends wedding nearby. (Haselbury mill- about 4 mins drive). £70 a night. It's got that quintessential 70s fawlty towers feel to it, with horrendous patterned carpets and embossed plated signage- but, despite the drab, it was spotlessly clean. We had the twin room, as, on booking, it was all that was left- but, we were pleasantly surprised to see that this was a double bed and a single bed. We also had the non-en suite bathroom, but this was literally just opposite the door to the room, and had its own key lock that you're given so its only you using it. Again, very clean, just needs a face lift, as had one of those minging black loo seats on it you find in public loos. The shower was awful, it was so weak I'd have got wetter standing in the rain, but hey ho, it's an old building and luckily I'd allowed enough time to shower for twice as long!
The bed was uncomfortable, quite a thin mattress, which didn't bother me as I'm quite small, but my bf is 15 stone, so just felt the boards underneath. I slept well though- just don't expect to if you're heavy.
Sink/tea/coffee facilities in room, and hairdryer, all worked well. We were woken by a lorry in the street outside at 7.30am (bank holiday Monday) which was annoying as I was hungover from the wedding... But I guess you're in a town location. Go to a b&b in the middle of no-where if you want total silence.
Breakfast was standard fayre- I had the veggie breakfast which I thought was lovely. We met the chef who's charming, all the staff are very friendly :)
All in all, a nice place to stay if you're in the area, but you're not paying 5*, so don't expect 5*!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in a nearby town (for somerset standards at least!). Its a fairly average inn in terms of accommodation (over the road from the bar), however it was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very tasty and the manager was friendly and seemed relaxed about drinking after midnight. We only were here for one night but very decent option

Reviewed December 11, 2012

nice atmosphere tasty food and very good service, and its near where we live ie so handy we send guests too