“Take your pick and make your choices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bengal Raj
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Crewkerne
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Haselbury Plucknett, Somerset, United Kingdom
“Take your pick and make your choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

When you go to the Bengal Fusion you will be given a warm welcome by the staff. The restaurant is spacious and has plenty of room for family parties. The major problem with BF is the food is inconsistent sometimes very good and at other times very poor and watery.

• Visited April 2014

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have eaten curries for many many years and this restaurant is fine dining absolute.

I would be amazed if you did not enjoy the restaurant

Visited November 2013
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Living locally, I have eaten in and collected takeaways here on several occasions, but none of them recent. However my wife and I decided to visit it again last Saturday evening. Arriving just after 6pm to beat the rush, we were greeted pleasantly and shown to a table. Menus, drinks and poppadoms soon appeared and we were left to browse the menu ......and left and left. Only one other table was occupied, but a steady stream of waiters hustled down the restaurant carrying take-away orders in one direction and plastic bags of delicious odours in the other ! We were obviously somewhat down the pecking order. Eventually our "waiter" appeared to take our order and apologised for the delay. We then settled down to drink our way through a bottle of wine before the food appeared - another apology. We finally started eating our main course over an hour after entering the restaurant.
The good news is that the food is excellent. I had the lamb, and there was plenty of it, full of flavour and of good quality (sometimes a problem in Indian restaurants). My wife had a Chicken Tikka Dansak which was also very good if a little hot. The onion Bajis were delicious. The portions were generous to that point that we could not eat it all, but our waiter cheerfully boxed up the remainder for us to take home.
This is a pleasant restaurant with friendly staff and excellent food, but they need to do something about the slow service. By the time we left, there were only 4 tables occupied, so the dining area was hardly busy, but the whole operation seemed to be geared to takeaway rather than restaurant service. If they want customers to dine in the restaurant, then they need to be more attentive to their needs.
I would definitely eat their tasty food again - but maybe next time it will be a takeaway !

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kevin T
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
“Sauce, sauce and more sauce”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Although I've lived here for a while now I paid my first visit here last week. Sadly, I was not impressed. The service was more than adequate and the decor and general ambience was good but that can't be said of the food. the starter - onion bhaji - was miniscule an the main course was meat smothered with sauce, lacking the real ingredients and as a result also lacking any genuine flavour. It was for me a disappointing and never to be repeated experience.

2 Thank Len9815
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“Make sure you have time on your hands”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

First visit to this resteraunt sat 06dec 2013. First impressions - what A nice place decor etc,nice greeting at the door.We sat down at 06.55 and immediately ordered drinks which came promptly . Four or five minutes later our order was taken, then the bit that has prompted me to write this we waited more than 1 hour and 10 minutes for the food to arrive.Which for me w as very good and very we'll presented.What seemed to be the main waiter com boss came and asked us if all had been ok. So very politely I pointed out how long we had waited ( without making any fuss )
I told him sorry would not encourage me to return so he offered us a round of free drinks.i asked for a glass of port and guess what they didn't have any so we left without leaving any tip. But I would give them one more chance at a later date maybe.
Resented