We visited the hotel on various recommendations from friends but were not at all that impressed. Well positives first:
- kids club is wonderful and the staff was always friendly and happy to talk to you
- rooms are nice
- childrens playground is nice
- sauna are is nice
Not so positive:
- there is no presence of the owners or manager. You feel like this hotel is run by some ghosts. All the staff (appart of kids club) looks unhappy, they do not say hello to you and they really do not want to interact with you. There is not enought staff in the restaurant/bar area. It lack the dynamic as it is really not properly managed.
- the swimming pool is very small and very dated and looked like it was dirty but it was jut very used.
- the food is OK but not super wonderful. I hated that deserts were always made using not a proper cream and butter but all those vegetable based products and it did not taste nice
- the quality of the coffee is horrible for such an establishment
- the gym is a joke. There is one running machine that was always busy.
- the classes in a really nice aerobic room were boring and the instructor was not good.
- and the quality of pillows is horrible - not feathers but the artificial stuff that clogs on one side
Look, overall it was fine but no way it was as superlative as everyone raves about. Kids are happy but you as an adult will be bored and you will find the swimming pool area anoying. I am probably too experience traveller and can compare with like Cavalinno Bianco and Bar/Lowe in Serfaus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- General information:THE Kinderhotel in ****S-class in AustriaSince more than 15 years the “Leading Family Hotel & Resort Alpenrose” is the leading company of the European Kinderhotels and now it is also one of few Kinderhotels in ****-S-category with five Smileys in Austria. The brilliant offer of the hotel in the Tyrolean Lermoos includes among other things, child care by a minimum of 18 kindergartners, a large indoor playing area and an ample SPA area. The chilled and artificially snowed skiing exercise track and the all year adventure playground is worldwide unique. Wintertime shows itself on the south side of the Zugspitze - with 147 km ski slopes as well as for cross country skiing, snow boot hiking or ski guiding, which is offered from our hotel – special flaky. Winterfreshness takes a bath in our 750m² large SPA area (Relax-Guide: 16 points, 2 lilies). Since 2007 we have luxury-mega-suites up to 195m² over two floors as well as Wellness-Suites with steam bath, sauna, Jacuzzi etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH so you can book your Leading Family Hotel & Resort Alpenrose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel Lermoos