All reviews restaurant next door stayed here ski bus balcony adults zugspitze
Reviewed October 12, 2016

Stayed here with my parents as we were driving through at night. Stopped in and they had vacancy. Very good price and when I saw the room I didn't hesitate to take it. The room was massive, had its own kitchen and sitting area and bathroom. Very clean in the room and the beds were comfy. The staff were friendly and breakfast was really good and had a lot to choose from. Would stay here again if ever in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms looking at the mountains would offer great views from the balcony
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile

This hotel looks good and is good. The location, about a mile outside the village, was perfect. A very reasonable restaurant in the hotel next door avoids a trip to town. We were warmly welcomed and the room was spacious and comfortable. We had a balcony; sitting room and kitchen (apart from the fridge this was not used). We had a view of the Zugspitze from our room and the view from the front terrace, whilst enjoying a cold beer, was equally inspiring.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

We had a large room/studio on the front side of the hotel with a separate restroom and a small kitchen. It included a flatscreen TV with a small number of channels. Sauna was included and nice to have. My wife enjoyed it. Breakfast was good and typical German/Austrian style. Nice stay for a night. Not really 'gemütlich'.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2015

What we didn't like about this place is that it doesn't correspond to the description. Reception was very poor. The young man who received us gave us the feeling we weren't welcome, that he had better things to do. In fact, all the people who worked there were so busy that everything was handled very hastily and briskly that it was very impersonal (that's probably the express check-in and out) and cold. The room was spacious but we couldn't enjoy it. There was no air. We left the windows most of the time open but that didn't help. Sometimes we would leave the door to the corridor open to get some fresh air in. The wellness has a relaxation room but relaxing is the last thing you can do there. The young man from the reception had the annoying habit of barging in without any visible reason. The foot bath was cold. According to the hotel info we found in their room brochure, we could rent robes for the sauna. When we asked, there weren't any available. Why aren't they properly equipped? There is no restaurant, although that is being stated in the description. Garden? As I sat at the reception lounge (the only place where the WIFI works a bit), I overheard some new guests asking for the bar. They heard there wasn't any. A bit later, I saw others receiving their drinks... I wasn't sure either if there was any cause I didn't see an actual bar unless it was the one I see on the pictures in the description. The description says soundproof rooms: sorry to say this wasn't the fact. I used my earplugs to drown out the sound. Plus we had to sleep with the windows open due to the lack of fresh air. We were "kindly" woken up by other hotel guests early in the morning. Right next to the hotel are the camping site and gasoline station, that are owned by the hotel. To us it looked like the manager isn't able to manage these three things efficiently. Definitely not worth it's 4 stars.

What was good about it? The accommodation is located close to some nice hiking trails and mountain activities. Breakfast is OK. Tried to get the most out of it. Rooms and bathroom are clean. And as I said... a spacious room.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank WanderlustigMe
Reviewed January 18, 2015

I made this review also on booking.com, but I write it here since I can put also photos of the room.

We paid like 200 euro for something advertised as 4 start on booking.com, but the room we had I don't think worth more then 2. Everything is old and broken and children unsafe. ( sofa bed in living was just a ruin, extra bed in bedroom uncomfortable and unusable, kitchen appliance old and dirty.

Heating in the room stops at 10, so in the first night was really cold , since we arrive at 19 and heating was off, and till 10 didn't had enough time to heat the room.

When the next day we complain to the owner about these issues he start becoming aggressive and rude calling my wife crazy woman and saying that this apartment is anyway better then what we have in country of origin :) (He saw our Romanian passport but didn't know we leave in Switzerland since 10 years / when he found out this he change a little bit the tone which makes things even more disgusting and racist for us...)

After this shocking conversation we said that we wanted to leave immediately and then we discover the Austrian law regarding accommodation, where there is no early termination, since you have to pay 90% of the stay( https://www.wko.at/Content.Node/branchen/oe/Hotellerie/AGBH_englisch.pdf ) Is funny that at point 15.5, owner can terminate if guess is misbehaving, but but not the opposite. . We went also to tourist information, but the lady didn't help, she said we have to pay if you want to leave, and she cannot do nothing to this cases where the owner is behaving like that.

Breakfast is ok, with basic stuff, the only complain is the coffee machine, only one is not enough, also hot water you can get only from the coffee machine, so even for a tee you had to queue.

All in all, not a 4 start hotel ( reception is a joke, 4 square meter, if you pay by credit card you need to go to the gas station nearby !!! ), with a rude owner, which can really ruin your vacation. Wifi doesn't work in the evening ( I guess too much load).

Room Tip: If you are not sure you get a renovated room don't bother.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family