“Excellent Food, Service, and Location”

La Costera de Altea
Ranked #3 of 282 Restaurants in Altea
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Cheltenham, England
“Excellent Food, Service, and Location”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited the restaurant twice in late October.
The food is wonderful, beautifully presented, sensibly priced, and the service is excellent.
Located in the Old Town, a few minutes walk from the church with the blue dome.
Worth booking ahead for a weekend or in high season.
There is a great terrace as well.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Gcoppard

Arezzo, Italy
“beautiful place”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We loved this restaurant, so beautiful, the food was really nice and very well presented. They have a nice terrace, we had a really good time there.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Isabelle S
Phuket
“Good food. Good wine. Good value.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Honestly I would rate it as a 4.2. We had a really nice time eating at this restaurant. You can tell that there is passion at La Costera. Passion for delivering quality food and wine. We tried a few starters all excellent except the carpaccio which was drenched in truffle oil which way overpowered the subtle flavors of the otherwise nice starter. The foie gras terrine was excellent. For the main course I had the Irish Angus Steak which was very good although it was served with a potato gratin that was completely killed by excessive nutmeg. I would take it out completely to be honest and let the cream and potato work its magic. Yes I know nutmeg can be nice in bechamel type sauces but trust me it's an enemy of potato. If it wasn't nutmeg I'm sorry but whatever the spice it still has to be removed to improve the dish. I'm done whining about minor things. The wine list is one of the most impressive I have ever seen. Such good value! Service and atmosphere were both very nice even though our waiter was a bit artificially charming and the plates could have been cleared with a bit more efficiency. Again I'm nit picking on a very good restaurant that I can recommend to anyone. Well done. Very close to a home run.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PartyMarty01
Altea, Spain
“"One of Altea's hidden treasures"”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

If your wondering where to go out for a romantic dinner in Altea, then this venue is a must visit. Its hidden away in the back streets of Altea's Casco Antiguo, away from the crowds and not too far walking distance from the Plaza de la Iglesia. The interior as well as its courtyard are spacious with a real intimate feel. The menu offers a great variety of fresh daily products, and of course being french, you will not be disappointed with any of your selected dishes. Although I do recommend to find out if there is a band playing at the Plaza de las Aguas as it can be quiet loud and ruin the special occasion if sitting outside. (Summer months)

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Vintagekrug
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous!!!! Don't miss it!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We dinned there twice on our holidays there in August and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience on both occasions. The restaurant is an absolute treasure and a lucky find for us as we wandered up through the maze of little cobbled streets. It was lovely to get away from the hustle and bustle of the church square higher up (and all the Italian restaurants!!) and just relax on the beautiful terrace of la Costera.
The service was welcoming and extremely friendly and attentive....the English waiter was particularly charming although it seems unfair to single any one of the waiting staff out as they were all lovely and great at their jobs.
The food was DELICIOUS and such a wonderful change from the tapas which at that stage we had grown tired of. Each course was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked....I even took photos to send to my sister in Dublin to make her jealous!!! The wine we ordered was good and
although I am not a wine drinker myself my companions were more than happy.
We had two wonderful nights there and found the final bill each time to be very acceptable.....for the same meal in Dublin we all agreed would cost us a lot more!
We won't forget this fantastic restaurant and would highly recommend it for singles, couples, families indeed anybody....just try it!
Thanks again to all the staff in La Costera for two great nights!

• Visited August 2013