“Pastelleria with class”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Pastelleria with class”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

What a delight. Having had average coffees and pastries adjacent to the entrance to the Basilica at the top of Altea, here is a brand new pastelleria which provides scrumptious delicacies and coffees in air-conditioned comfort.

• Visited October 2013

Alicante, Spain
“Sweet discovery”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Oh my goodness, you pass by and think yes perhaps a coffee would be nice away from the hustle and bustle around the church, and when you walk into the spotless black and white interior, a fridge full of the nicest, best decorated little cakes and pastries assaults your senses. Should we choose 1 and share, 2 and share, 3 and share, no no no let's have one each, and that was the best decision of today. The pastry is the nicest I've EVER tasted, and just reading the ingredients makes you want to order again. Every morsel was a delight for our taste buds. The chefs mother told me her son and daughter- in -law trained in Valencia, Belgium and Paris before returning to their native roots, hence the reason for the rich Belgian chocolate taste. It is clean, pleasant and thoroughly delightful, don't miss for your own sake!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ellecram1950
Renfrew, United Kingdom
“Cake Heaven”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just happened on this place by chance and what a stroke of luck !!! I thought I'd pop in for a quick coffee and then spied the showcase. I immediately thought I'd died and gone to heaven but being an atheist I soon realised something much better had happened to me ! I was looking at the most tempting array of confectionery I had ever seen! The pastries! the cakes! the mousse! the ice creams ! it was all too much !!

After I had calmed down I ordered a chocolate layered cake and a cafe con leche and spent the next 15 minutes in bliss !!!! If you have a sweet tooth you have not lived until you visit Pasteleria De Sabors!!!

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cake central”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you are visiting Altea you must visit this pasteleria. The cakes look and taste exquisite. We sat outside on the terrace and had cake and coffee on a warm Mediteranean evening - sheer heaven. They also sell icecream which is also full of deliciousness.

• Visited August 2013
“Ice Cream & Cakes to die for”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

When walking past this parlour on a hot summers evening, you are encapsulated by the enticing window display of macaroon mountains. Once inside though a little sanitized, the display of individual delices, mini bavarois and cakes are the finest you will see in any country and are of a high Michelin standard. We only had the ice cream/sorbet and this again was of the best calibre. This place is a reflection of Althea's atmospheric gastronomic scene. Just wish I had found the town before my penoltimate night

• Visited August 2013