“The best food and the warmest welcome on Spain's Costa Blanca”
Review of Mister X - CLOSED

Mister X
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Mr. X's in Altea, is the finest, most welcoming, restaurant on Spain's entire Costa Blanca. At a time when so many pretentious restaurants charge upmarket prices for down market food, Mr. X shines like a beacon of culinary delights at mid-market prices. The duck a l'orange is so mouth wateringly tender that the meat falls off the bone. And the chef has created the finest, most succulent prawn cocktail I have ever tasted. In summer guests dine romantically under a canopy of stars, in a walled courtyard ablaze with bougainvillaea, and the heady perfume of a Mediterranean plant known as Gentleman of the Night. In winter, a roaring fire warms the indoor restaurant, firelight bouncing off the centuries old beams. The fillet steak Stroganoff is sheer heaven and the slow roasted lamb shanks fall apart a the touch of a knife. Or try the roasted pig's knuckle. The wine list is first class, and totally affordable. Whether you are looking for a romantic evening, or a fun-filled family dining experience, then look no further than Mr. X's in Altea, ten miles from Benidorm or well worth the 40 minute drive from Alicante.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice place, with old tools in the roof and walls, charming atmosphere! We had lambshoulder, very tasty Good service. Would absolutely go here next time I am in Altea! The waitress was very nice and efficent.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed in Altea Hills & foun this restaurant on TA & decided to give it a go!
We were not disappointed, I had The Duck a la Orange, beautiful meat fell off the bone, my son had shoulder of
Lamb & the same tender meat. Overall out party of 5 found it one of the best meals on our holiday!
A bit difficult to find & not the best location off the N332 out of Altea, but true Spanish hospitatility with excellent food & service! Thanks Mister X

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Last month I organised a trip to Restaurante Mr X in Altea. We have eaten in Mr X many times now and we have always enjoyed a superb meal.
When I was asked by a number of friends to organise a trip to somewhere for a good night out with good food there was only one choice, Mr X of course.
We were a party of 26 and I hired a coach for our journey from our village to the restaurant. Having had a prior chat with Marie (the proprietor) we were given exclusive use of one part of the restaurant so we could all sit together. Marie took details of all our meal choices and as a gift gave us a lovely Champagne welcome on arrival.

I need not go into details of our menu choices simply because whatever our choices we new every thing would be excellent and as always we were all delighted.

We have been to Mr X again since our coach trip, just my wife and I . Once again everything was up to their usual terrific standard.
Best restaurant in Altea in our opinion.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We took friends here recently and had an excellent meal yet again. Three of us had the set menu and all thought our choices were outstanding in terms of quality and quantity. The pork knuckle was so tasty and just fell off the bone. One of our party had the a la carte menu and opted for the lamb which was cooked to perfection.

The service was attentive, timely and very friendly. We hope to dine here again very soon.