“You cant beat this place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mister X - CLOSED

Mister X
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“You cant beat this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Well, I have been a regular at Mister X for many years and I am so glad it has re opened as it really is the dining highlight of my trips to Spain. This time I took two great friends to share my love of this restaurant and they were suitably impressed. I have dined in some of the UK's best restaurants including Michelin starred ones and I always felt ripped off and disappointed at those places, but at Mister X, I feel truly satisfied and the food, surroundings in that lovely terrace, and warm welcome make it a truly special night to remember. Go there, you will return!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Gordygord

Liverpool
“Re-opened at last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

For those who have never been to Mr X, It is a unique restaurant situated in an old finca on the old road between Benidorm and Altea. The atmosphere both indoors in winter by the fabulous log fire or in Summer in the pretty terrace is one of the reasons we love this restaurant.
We went to the re-opening night of this our all time favorite Costa Blanca restaurant.
It has been closed for 15 months due to Paco's retirement, but Marie, his wife, has decided to carry on, after a well earned rest.
We were pleased to find that the only changes thet have made were changes for the better. All our old favorires were still on the menu along with some lovely new dishes.
The very affordable wine list has been updated with some very well chosen new additions.
We could tell that the new staff (both in the kitchen and front of house) have been carefully chosen for their friendliness and skill.
My family and I really enjoyed our food, my Pork just fell off the bone and my Son said his steak was cooked to perfection. A nice difference in Spain is the fresh vegetables to order with your meal.
Keep it up Mr X, Fabulous food, service and atmosphere. We will be back.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Pauline T
La Nucia
“Simply the best!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have visited many restaurants in Altea and this is one of the best !!!!!! From friendly staff to excellent food.Menu of the day less than E15 plus drinks and a wonderful selection of international cuisine on the a-la-carte. In summer there is a secluded courtyard for you to enjoy your meal in and in winter a big fire and antiques all around you.

• Visited May 2012