“Charming part of Altea”

La Farandula
Ranked #45 of 310 Restaurants in Altea
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterranea cuisine, fresh fish, barbecue meat, paella rice, pasta
Reviewed October 14, 2017

Sat down outside and charming waiter served us a great paella. Location is lovely and early October was perfect with slightly cool evening. Overall super romantic place Touristy of course - but charming.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Visited this lovely little restaurant 3 times during our 9 day stay and each time was fab!

Had Crepe filled with goats cheese with honey and nuts - lovely!

Also had entrecote steak which you cook yourself at the table, gorgeous but needed more vegetables if we were really picky!

Each time we shared the White chocolate crème caramel which was to die for!

Waiter really made a fuss and we started our evening with a great G & T!

Would definitely go back when we re-visit Altea

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

I ate here on Saturday night with a friend. It was one of the busiest nights in Altea as there was a festival and fireworks on so we booked a table in advance. We arrived earlier than our booking as we got hungry and even though they were super busy they couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating to us. The manageress was particularly nice to us and the waiters were very professional. The paella was to die for we didn't have room for any starters or deserts! Would recommend a table outside to sit back, enjoy great food and people watch in this beautiful restaurant.

1  Thank SarahH9626
Reviewed July 26, 2017

This place is set in a quintessential Spanish street in the centre of the old town.
Staff were friendly and efficient.
I ordered the steak which was very nice and cooked as ordered. The accompanying potatoes, however, were sparse, totalling 4 very small new potatoes.
Complimentary olives were some of the best I've ever tasted.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

My husband, our two adult daughters, and I went to La Farandula in June. We had such a nice meal. My husband and one daughter had a lobster in a broth meal. They said it was delicious, but messy. I had the oxtail meal and it was delicious. It reminded me of a pot roast. Our waiter, Momo (?) and his helper, Sergio, were great. It was nice watching Sergio learning how to serve the meal as Momo watched and corrected any errors he made. We had a wonderful time in a wonderful town!