“good steak, good service”
Review of La Farandula

La Farandula
Ranked #45 of 310 Restaurants in Altea
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterranea cuisine, fresh fish, barbecue meat, paella rice, pasta
Reviewed July 26, 2017

This place is set in a quintessential Spanish street in the centre of the old town.
Staff were friendly and efficient.
I ordered the steak which was very nice and cooked as ordered. The accompanying potatoes, however, were sparse, totalling 4 very small new potatoes.
Complimentary olives were some of the best I've ever tasted.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

My husband, our two adult daughters, and I went to La Farandula in June. We had such a nice meal. My husband and one daughter had a lobster in a broth meal. They said it was delicious, but messy. I had the oxtail meal and it was delicious. It reminded me of a pot roast. Our waiter, Momo (?) and his helper, Sergio, were great. It was nice watching Sergio learning how to serve the meal as Momo watched and corrected any errors he made. We had a wonderful time in a wonderful town!

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Visited with my family, including a baby child. Service ok in the beginning. Ordered lamb chops with homemade French fries. The lamb chops came without meat, only bones and flesh. No French fries either, only normal potatoes. When I complained the answer was this is how it is. Well, great!

After that no one asked how the food was, offered menu for desert or asked for anything else to drink. After ordering the bill, it never came. Had to go inside to get it after 15 minutes.

My daughter had ok chicken nuggets, and my wife ok pasta - the only reason for not giving a 1.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

service was ok. paella not enough seafood inside , little burnt. There was not much to impress but not bad too.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

After reading all the positive reviews, we were thoroughly disappointed by the quality of the paella, microwave quality rice with minimal amounts of meat/seafood. Other dishes were bland and undercooked.

Would not recommend!