“El Pescador”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Awesome!
Wonderful food, beautifully presented .. mine host and hostess very special!
The most fresh fish you will find without a n oven on the beach!
Highly recommend.

Felicit Haze

Date of visit: January 2020
El Pescador A, Eigenaar at El Pescador, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you verry much for your recomandacion
team El Pescador

Write a reviewReviews (176)

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

We had the menu del dia which had a choice of 3 different dishes for each course, so a bit limited.
We both chose mussels as our starter. They were excellent, perfectly cooked. Our next course was sole, again cooked and presented beautifully. The pudding of cream Catalan did not disappoint either.
However it was a bit disappointing on receiving the bill to see that the bread and alioli were charged as an extra, a drink is not included either.
So be aware of the fact that a 17.50€ menu ends up being 21.25€.
We found this a bit mean and whilst the staff, the location, the food are good, it does put us off going back as there are so many good restaurants to choose from.
We are not penny pinchers but transparency is important.
Having said all this, if the food we had was an indication of the quality of the food on offer on the a la carte menu it should be excellent.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

We have been here before and have been very pleased. Those times we had fish, shellfish or paellas. This is as the name says a seafood restaurant. There is a saying/good advice "dont order meat in a fish restaurant". This however what I did after having calamares ala romana that was not the best I have had too little batter did not give them the right taste and crunchines. My wife ordered scallops saint jaques that she liked. For main dish I had entrecote and my wife had canard confitte. We were almost the only guest however they forgot I ordered pommes frites with my meat and they still forgot and served me baked potatoe so I had to until my meat was almost cold. The meat was very hard fried and crispy on one side and almost not at all on the other, half of the steak was cooked perfect to medium rare and the other half was rare almost like it had only been cooked in a pan that was only warm on one side it also had a little taste of frying oil that was slightly off. My wifes duck/canard was a little bit over cooked but still it tasted good. We skipped desert. I told the staff of my meat and they agreed that it wasnt cooked to order, said they were sorry, but not sorry enough to put a reduction on the bill. This place is a bit pricier (but not super expensive) than the places near by and therfor one expects more. This time we left quite disapointed. If we return we will absolutely only order seafood.

Date of visit: November 2019
El Pescador A, Eigenaar at El Pescador, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2019

Dear Guest,
I like to make my excuses for your complain.
I control your reaction personly, and have to tell you,
that your command is right.
We like to invite you to come back for a new dish, for our cost,
and we like to offer you a nice bottle of wine
nice regards,
Owner El Pescador

Reviewed September 24, 2019

After visiting the restaurant last year and thoroughly enjoying our meal we decided to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary there this year. We were greeted warmly by the owners and staff and given a complimentary bottle of Cava. From the canapes to the desserts the meal was excellent. We opted for the Menu del Dia which has a great choice and is very good value for money. El Pescador thank you for making our celebration so special.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 17, 2019

We decided on El Pescador while wandering along the seafront, and found a good pavement table for two. Some of the pavement tables seemed to be extremely close to the tables in the first part of the interior, so they may have packed too many in? Service was prompt and friendly, despite a big family near to us, who seemed to be quite demanding! We ordered a nice white wine, and were served olives, good bread and aioli. My "pescado del dia" was a very nicely cooked sea bream, simply grilled and kept soft, with great taste. My partner had an interesting trio of solomillo, the beef and lamb were excellent, the pork a little undercooked, but that's not unusual in Spain. Good coffee to finish. El Pescador came across as a good quality fish restaurant, possibly a little expensive in comparison to some others close by, but not too bad for price.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank IanH7
Theodorusd6, Eigenaar at El Pescador, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Dear Gast,
We like to thank you for your positiv recomandation.
we hope to see you soon again in our restaurant. El Pescador
nice regaerds end we wish you nice holliday,
Team El Pescador ALTEA