“Escape to another home”
Review of Ruby's Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cherating
Ruby's Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Cherating B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Been here twice and wish I was able to come more. The beach is so easy to get too. The rooms are comfortable. And Ruby is such a wonderful person that she makes you feel like you are at home. If you want a relaxing time that is close to KL, this is the place to be. Plus if you have a pet, they will love this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank jems84kl

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We liked the clean & beautiful beach right in front the resort. We like the friendly dog and the cats that roaming around freely. We liked lay in the hammock enjoy the sight and sound of the sea waves, a nice holiday out of the busy city life. I would certainly visit this resort again. And the staff are all wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KLMoon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Found Ruby's Resort when we had a rental vehicle to go exploring, complete chance! This place is wonderful and Ruby is great character. You can find her too if you do a search for pet friendly places to stay, she loves her animals and yours are welcome too! The location is remote and well hidden and that makes it even nicer. There are no near neighbours though Club Med is not far nor is Cherating. The beach is pristine as Ruby keeps it clean for her guests also there is a much needed shaded area with picnic tables and benches and the tree house is magnificent!
The rooms and outside living areas are absolutely pristinely clean (I'd be afraid to make a mess!) and have a charm and authenticity that is hard to beat. Ruby has done herself proud and I can't wait to return to stay. Truly unique!

Room Tip: They are all great and far enough away from communal areas
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TStaines
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent homely place and Dogs will love the freedom.
6 of us stayed there. Acacia Room for 4 and Lily for 2pax.
Acacia was very much a family setup. Small pantry with fridge,microwave, and toaster.
Nice to chill near the small tv hall.
Place is definitely clean.Good job on the cleanliness.
No dog scent of any sort in the rooms.
A stand fan is given in acacia,and was handy for the dogs.
The porch was not bad as there were mosquito coils to repel it away.
Very practical setup to wash and clean the dogs before entering the rooms.
Tree house - very original and amazing to see the tree come thru the house.
Beach was clean, and quite private. A big area for the dogs. You won't run out of ground.
In front of the rooms, there is an large area where the dogs can run loose as the gates are closed.
Personally, I found the parking concept in front of the room practical as it eases the loading and unloading of stuff.
Entrance from the main road, a little scary as the narrow roads is used by container lorries and buses speeding,and the turning to the place is in between it. I guess its normal in Cherating and people who are used to it, but first timers should keep a safe distance and speed.Moreover the signboards are immediately before the turning, so best not speed and make a sudden stop to turn-in.
The entrance is dark at night,as I was told, local city council has not installed any light although multiple
requests by club med and Ruby. Even, several times lamps have
been installed by Ruby's team, but unfortunately it has been stolen.
The saved stray dogs and cats lives together and are very friendly.There are good company during breakfast.
Breakfast was simple, but certainly very homely.I loved the coffee.
Lastly, the staff was excellent. Aminah and Anuar. I salute their simple nature and friendliness.
Made the whole family feel very welcomed and at home.
Certainly planning another trip there soon. 1 night wasn't enough :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Edwin_Irene
Reviewed April 24, 2013

had 3 days 2 night trip here second visit first time was April last year this time March, the place is clean as were the rooms, had a very good cooked fish and chip lunch there at their cafe it was so nice had it both days.
Would like to go longer but every time I go the weather there is so nice the sun burns me even with sun cream if it did not would spend a week there but will go a few times each year for 2 nights 3 days every one is friendly including all Ruby's cats and dogs well recommended

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rodh1
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This resort allows you to bring your pets but you have to bring your own blanket, pillow case, bed sheet, and towels. I rented a bigger chalet so there is a room with a queen size bed, living room with 2 single bed, kitchen, and sharing toilet. Generally the chalet is quite clean as well as the resort. Although the owner of the resort has 7 dogs and 25 cats, the dogs have their own place to roam around so you do not have to afraid your dog will get bitten by her 7 dogs. The whole resort has fences and gates so you do not have to worry your dog will go missing. Even the chalet itself has a short gate in front and there is a water tap and place for you to bathe your dog.

The resort is right in front of the beach and it is a private beach. The only drawback is the resort does not have a swimming pool but there are a lot of chairs and tables outside the chalet for you to enjoy the fresh air with your pets. The resort does not have a cafe or restaurant. You have to drive out for meals.

The owner manages the resort. The owner provides excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LPGoh
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I strongly believe that all pet owners shares the same problem here in our country - we do not want to leave our darling furkids behind when we go for vacation, but we do not have a choice because people are so sensitive about them. I am a person that can't live one day without my cats, so every vacation I went I had to smuggle them into a hotel.

At Ruby's, things are totally different. The feeling of my pets being so welcomed here has made up for all the trouble (long and tired drive from JB, setting up their "nest" in the cabin, bad traffic and etc.) We arrived a bit late in the evening, but Auntie Ruby herself came out to welcome us. Not only that, 7 dogs and quite a number of cats came out to welcome us as well! This is one hospitality that no other place in our country can provide.

The rooms are equipped with basic facilities, but they can already cater to all our basic needs. The rooms are air-conditioned, but I especially appreciate the fan, because i am not used to sleeping in air-conditioned room, and I normally do not have a choice in other hotels. There are also a fridge, exactly what we need to keep our canned pet food. It's already more than what i can ask for. Bins and brooms and mops and pails are provided to keep our rooms clean. Bed sheets and towels are not provided due to hygiene issues. I can totally understand that. We are already so blessed with a place where we can bring our pets along, so it is our responsibility to keep the place clean for other people to enjoy such privilege as well. Besides, who would know what will happen if everyone uses the same bed sheets and blankets and towels? Think about allergies, think about bacteria or diseases that might spread, think about our pets might not be able to accept the scent of other animals, I'd rather bring my own, and my pets actually felt more like home with scent they are familiar with.

Breakfast is provided during our stay. Not fancy international buffet but it is actually something that matches the environment and ambiance in the place - cozy country side, quiet, tranquil kampung with no stress and tension from the busy city. A coffee and some bread and eggs are just perfect to go along with the ocean breeze and sound of wave. If you are expecting fancy hotel breakfast, then what you need is just a typical no-pets allowed 5-star hotel, not a homely kampung with cats and dogs all over the place.

Overall, this is the best vacation I've ever had. 3d2n is just not enough here. We have already planned for our next visit. I highly recommend this place for any pet lovers.

Room Tip: They have different types of rooms, depending on your needs. We took Palm and Angsana, big and cozy...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank crockdog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherating
Residence Inn Cherating
Legend Resort Cherating
Legend Resort Cherating
#35 of 44 in Kuantan
Suria Cherating Beach Resort

Been to Ruby's Resort? Share your experiences!