Anastasia Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Kos Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2010

first the good stuff . . . Friendly helpful staff, very clean hotel, 5 min walk 2 beach and 3 min 2 Kos Town. Nice clean pool, cold platter for breakfast with chance 2 have hot breakfast for 2 Euro more. Bad stuff, not the Hotel's fault, but its on a main road and lots of traffic noise 24/7. When we were there early August, it was full 2 the brim with Swedish (i was told) teenagers who were very loud till very late, 4/5 in the morning, at night sitting in large groups smoking and drinking around the pool. I felt quite intimadated walking past. Also things like playing music in there rooms till 2am, Also there seemed 2 be large groups off them so lots of cat calls between room etc. Im not an old grunt, but my 18-3o days are long gone, I like 2 get in at 1am, and go 2 sleep. Saying that i was told, by a brit who lives in Kos, that after the 16th August, it becomes more British (older couples and families) and a lot quieter. Kos is a lovely place 2 vist though.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

We stayed in ANASTASIA with my friend and my little daughter with the same Anastasia. That is probably why we chose the Hotel. She had soooo many freebies, and her name was everywhere;on the bottom of the pool, walls and doors:). Hotel was very simple but it said 3*; and we went for it as we were not going to stay IN but be out at the beach. everyday. I have to agree with comments that this Hotel isnt for big groups of friends. Its very private little hotel. Not rock-and-roll hotel, So, if you are looking for massive parties, late drinks and live music than better to find a massive hotel!

Also it is not a beach hotel, its a walking distance from the beach. But it was what we wanted.

We loved Kos. A woman is the GODDESS on Kos, a woman with the CHILD is a Boss GODDESS. Your kids will love all the love and attention. And Greeks do it not because of the money we pay. Staff were as caring the first day as 5 minutes before our departure.

Manager Dimitris was a fab manager and English/Greek staff were amazing. The owner also had a drink and a chat with the guests to make us to feel wellcome. We loved the location - away from town centre and 10 min walk to the beach and town centre. We mainly used Baltic beach. Lovely restaurants on the way and best fish restaurants in town centre. Close by mini-markets with fresh food.

I read some complaints before bout the noise of motobikes till 4am. Please ask for room with window on the other side, But even with the window to a busy street you will be fine. We cannot blaim motobikes, those are the main transport in Kos. Trust me, we slept like babies.

Little advice: Please go to Volcano Island tour for a day or 3 island tour by boat. You can still sunbath on the boat:)) But do not make decision and PAY on the Fisrt day to your Tour Operator. We did. Only to find out that instead of 80 euros we could pay just 20
( and child free) from ANY boats in the harbour. Please have a walk along the Harbour on the first night and compare the prices.

Overall, I would recommed this hotel to everyone. And I did. But if you are looking for a massive entertainment, massive pools, live music and king size bathroom - Hotel Anastasia would be a bit too small and not rock-and-roll enough for you.

Have a great time and regards to Anastasis Hotel. If Id stay in Kos I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Rita M
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Simply the best! Just the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The location is perfect, not too close to the hustle and bustle of the centre, but still only 10 mins walk from the beach and the delightful harbour with all its restaurants and shops. and if you want to see the ancient temple of healing (the Asklepion), it is a pleasant walk away. The whole hotel was freshly painted, well maintained and so clean you could eat off the floor. The breakfast (included in the price) was a gourmet buffet with such things as home-made bread and chocolate cookies as well as boiled eggs, ham, cheese, delicious creamy yohurt, home-made jam and marmalade, cereal, toast and latte or cappucino coffee. We couldn't eat for the rest of the day!

Its all the little things that count. For instance, i can't eat wheat and when the nice breakfast lady found out she did her best to provide all sorts of things instead. And the night receptionist opened the bar to get me a glass of wine when we arrived from England well after midnight and I needed a drink! The owner is called Dimitris and he looks like George Clooney with longer hair and a bomber jacket. The reception staff are Betty and Chloe. Both have so much local knowledge and speak better English than me.

I would say very safe for young children, the pool area seemed very secure.
The pool side bar and lounge were comfortable...I could go on and on, it was all perfect!
It was so good, I nearly didn't write this review because if everyone new how good it is then it will get fully booked and we won't be able to get in again next year.

I can say without doubt that this hotel made our holiday the best possible and I can highly recommend it without hesitation! I only hope that I can get in next year now!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison C
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Told it was ok for families well it wasn’t just a load of mid twenties making loads of noise manly at night banging doors that kind of think.
Probly be ok if your young and want to get pissed all the wile but I wont go back Anastasia Hotel.
p.s me and my partner only sleept there we spent most of our time down the Bahamas Hotel round the corner great there it was.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2008

we stayed at this hotel in September 205 and 2006, excellent friendly staff, clean rooms, pool and bar area are great, loved it so much we're going back again this year. Only 1 point is the continental breakfast, but there are many places near the hotel who do breakfasts. I would recomment this hotel to all my friends and the ones I haven't met yet. Strangers are only friends you haven't met yet. Kos has a great harbour area and a variety of eating places.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We stayed at the Anastasia Hotel in June this year. The rooms are small, but were very clean. The pool and bar was also quite comfortable. And it's within walking distance to Kos town. What made this hotel great was the staff, the receptionist, the manager and Aimee at the bar. Everyone was friendly and a great laugh. Most of the guest usually ended up at the pool bar before or after their night out. We had breakfast included with our stay, this was'nt great, but still saves a bit on money and convenience. If I do go back to Kos, would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mel-1978
Reviewed September 17, 2007

The hotel rooms in the main hotel were clean and basic. We stayed as bed and breakfast. The breakfast was a little sparce as only continental breakfast was available there was an extra charge if you required an English breakfast which tended to be cheaper in the town. We also had the privledge of being able to use the self-catering accommodation for one day (mix up), This was large, fully functional and airy and I fully recommend this accommodation. However some of the other accommodation were more like broom cupboards!

We had a most enjoyable holiday. Most of the staff were really helpful and made our holiday complete especially Aimee behind the bar at night and I would like to extend my thanks to her and the rest of the staff who made our holiday most enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends