“Lovely Friendly Hotel”

Kos Aktis Art Hotel
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Visited with a group of friends last week and really enjoyed our stay.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable with all the facilities you would expect. Probably could do worth a little spruce up in places at the end of the season. If you are on the first floor over the terrace bar....there is noise but I didn't mind it...some people might though,if you like tranquility ask for higher room away from the bar area. Waking up to the view was terrific and also dinner on the terrace in the evening as the sun was going down was lovely.
The breakfast was good...the cooked bits on the buffet rather less so but good fruit,bread,pasties, yoghurt,cereals cold cuts,cheese and the kitchen would make something fresh to your requirements eg omelette or scrambled eggs if you asked. The food in the restaurant/bar was very good....lots of choice of salads,fish,meat(the steak was particularly good according to several in my party.)
The staff are the real stars of this hotel! The restaurant manager was efficient,friendly and highly competent. I arrived before the rest of my party and so took dinner on the first evening alone...he went out of his way to make me feel comfortable and that was the start of the excellent service we enjoyed throughout our week long stay. The lady who looked after us at breakfast was delightful and really did anticipate our needs before we voiced them! The ladies who cleaned the rooms were friendly and efficient and the staff on reception were all helpful and pleasant.
The position of the hotel in terms of of convenience to the amenities in Kos town was good however Kos town itself is very touristy and there was lots of touting to get people into bars and restaurants....which drives me bonkers! We were only really using the hotel as our base as we had a yacht in the marina which we used to sail and visit nearby islands..I wouldn't have wanted a week in Kos town otherwise definitely! The hotel did have very limited space on its sun deck and in order to secure a little area in which to relax before our sailing we had to stoop to the level of the 'early morning sun lounger bandits' and bag a few for ourselves otherwise we would never have had anywhere to sit......be warned if you intend to spend lots of time relaxing in this way...you will probably have to do this too!
When not eating dinner at the hotel we found the best restaurants were to be found if you turn left out of the hotel entrance towards the marina...no touting here!
All in all great little hotel and a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors and away from the bar area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julia D

Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hotel is in the perfect spot. Close enough to the hubbub of town including restaurants and shopping but also right on the beach. Our room was immaculate and the included breakfast buffet was delicious. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was really impressed seeing such nice reviews and having the opportunity to visit he place with my partner, I was reall impressed. Impecable service, top kitchen and also amazing friendly welcoming personel! This is what I mean hospitality! Bravo and keep up the good work

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dimitris-samos
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had the most amazing stay at the Kos Aktis this June. The room I started in was lovely, but near the bar and a bit noisy. Even though they were quite full, the staff went out of their way to find me a room I preferred.

The rooms are clean, with an outstanding view, and very comfortable. I couldn't have asked for more. The pictures on the website are not photoshopped - that really is how this hotel looks in reality.

The front desk staff were, without exception, really lovely. Each and every one would greet me, ask me if there was anything I needed, and if there was, would not stop until they had helped me. The cleaning lady on my floor was so lovely, she greeted me with a smile and a "good morning" every day.

The breakfast was simple and very healthy, served with real (not instant) coffee!

The location is fantastic - near all the business of the main town without being right in it, but also right on the water. I was attending a conference at the Kipriotis resort, and it was an easy and fun 10 minute bike ride along the coast from the hotel every morning. That's also something the hotel helped me with - getting a bike at discount!

I feel very lucky to have found this hotel, and plan to come back many times in the years ahead.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank KG1977_11
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel and it so lovely. The rooms are a great size, clean and modern with free Wi-fi for guests personally we found the bed to be uncomfortable but still thats the only downfall for us .
The breakfast in the hotels restaurant H2O is lovely great views very relaxing and serive is very friendly.

The hotels decking area with sunbeds is nice but we preferred to go to the cafe beach to the left its free sunbeds also and waiter service if you wanted drinks and food. think this place was called Aura the food is great here too.
The hotel's reception staff are very friendly and the hotel is located in a fantastic spot with a few minutes stroll into the town centre.

I would return again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lee20sba
Reviewed June 6, 2012

A spectacular view, good breakfast, quiet (end of May), nice staff, clean rooms, great views, walking distance from the harbour and shopping. And, for a busy mom wiht three children at home, the hotel was perfect for a "housewife holliday"
My first choice when I return to Kos.

Room Tip: 3 floor = better view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HeidiLarsen
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have been travelling for 6 weeks and have stayed in 8 hotels in 6 countries. Kos Aktis has to be in the top 2, and quite possibly the best.

The rooms are clean, modern and beautifully fitted out. The location offers great views and is also very convenient for seeing the sites of Kos town.

One minor annoyance is that the dividers between verandahs are set off center and with a gap between the divider and the all. At one point I was lying on my bed and looked up only to meet the eyes of a woman sitting on the verandah of the next room.

There was an unfortunate mixup where the restaurant had changed its hours but the information card given to guests hadn't been updated. They weren't able to do a hot meal for me but they did arrange a Greek salad that was both filling and delicious.

They do a very nice breakfast buffet as well.

If I ever return to Kos this will definitely be my first choice.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas

Been to Kos Aktis Art Hotel? Share your experiences!