Alice Springs Hotel
Leonidas Hotel & Studios(Kos Town)(Great Value!)
$26
$181
$174
  • Breakfast included
Triton Hotel(Kos Town)(Great Value!)
$53
$51
$109
$105
  • Pool
$332
Astron Hotel(Kos Town)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sonia(Kos Town)(Great Value!)
$53
$52
  • Bar/Lounge
$269
$258
All reviewsgeorge and barbarasteak nightlamb nightsgreat ormond street hospitalgreat holidayblue phoenixnothing is too much troublet bone steakquiz nightyear after yearlamb kleftikoperfect hostssee you next yearfresh towelslovely familyfeel so welcomebed apartment
Reviewed September 4, 2013

As I hate flying and beach/sun holidays I left the selection and booking of this holiday to my wife. All I can say is what an inspired choice she made. We went during the second week in June and it was our two-year old daughter's first trip abroad as well. We had an absolutely brilliant time at the hotel, nearby beach and Kos town. I'd had a family breavement and sudden death of my best friend in February and May and so we just wanted to get away and enjoy ourselves with our toddler. Everything at the hotel was fantastic: despite it being hotter than the sun I was out by the pool nearly every day. The pool area was lovely: with a smaller sectioned off shallow pool for toddlers we couldn't get our daughter out of the pool. It was a cycle of swim, eat, nap and then round again. We had a two-bed s/c apartment which was really nice and kept clean daily (beds are a bit hard though). Go out of the hotel, take a left, walk 150 yards and on the right is a supermarket which catered for all our needs (doughnuts especially, mmm doughnuts). If you take a left at the supermarket junction and walk for 15 mins there is a butchers and another supermarket with more varied products. If you carry on down that road it'll take you into Kos town with a total walk time of 25-30 minutes. Watch out for the cyclists on the cyclepath. The hotel is a five-minute walk from the beach (exit hotel and turn right). You can hire sun beds etc there and there is a cracking bar/restaurant just back from the beach as well. Beach is fine shingle which is a bit of a shame. If you follow the beach round, you will eventually arrive in Kos town. We found it to be a nicer walk compared with the main road. Loads of scooter, cycle and beach buggy hire places around the hotel and vicinity. Barbara and Elias are superb hosts at the hotel and made us extremely welcome. Everyone made a real fuss over our daughter which was nice to see. We had a couple of breakfasts and the lamb kleftiko at the hotel which were all really nicely cooked. The beers from the bar are ice cold as well. If you don't fancy eating at the hotel there are lots of places nearby to eat: no trip would be complete without eating at the Sunset Tavern on the main road into Kos town. We ate there twice in seven nights! You can book excursions either via the Thomson rep or direct if you go into Kos town and have a wander around the boats moored up in the evening. We're now looking to book again for the same time next year (2014) and plan to take a buggy into the hills to see if they really are full of wild tortoises like Elias reckons! Great place, superb holiday and lasting, happy memories.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank 123MethodMan
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My teenage son and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at The Alice Springs Hotel in the small resort of Lambi in Kos.

After reading all the fantastic reviews before we went (as you do), I was slightly apprehensive. Perhaps it’s the pessimist in me, but surely a hotel cannot be that good????

Upon arrival at an ungodly hour in the morning (thanks Thomson for those flight times!!!!), we were welcomed by a friendly face, and two complimentary bottles of water, which were very much appreciated after a long day traveling. In all my years of travel, and arriving at accommodation at all times of the night, I have never received such hospitality.

We were swiftly shown to our room only accommodation, which although simply furnished, was extremely clean and suited our needs adequately. We had comfy twin beds, 2 small bedside tables with drawers, a dresser, ample wardrobe space, a full size fridge/freezer, and a small bathroom with shower, wash basin, and WC. Upon opening the patio doors onto the balcony we were greeted to a wonderful view of the Kos Mountains.

Although it was our intention to eat Breakfast in our room (I brought small bowls, plates, and cutlery with us); as it was our first morning we decided to sample the cuisine at the Hotel. We were immediately welcomed by George, Barbara, and Killer at the Poolside Bar. During our stay we had lunch and evening meals at the Hotel, and I can happily concur with other reviews that the quality, taste, and care that is put into the preparation and presentation of all meals should be praised. The Steak Night, Lamb Night, and Curry Nights should definitely be on your ‘list of things’ to do!

The pool is a good size for the size of the hotel, and no matter what time you emerge in the morning (or afternoon….) there are always sunbeds to choose from. I personally preferred the beds on the ‘grassy area’, as to me there seemed to be more space, a quieter ambience, and more of a breeze to combat the mid-day temperatures. As I had a teenager with me who is a confident swimmer it was also reason for me not to take up sunbeds from parents with younger children who would prefer to be directly around the pool so that they can keep a close eye on their children having fun in the pool.

All communal areas are kept extremely clean and well maintained; this is testament to all the hard working staff behind the scenes. Housekeeping is 7 days a week (yes, no day off!). Towels, if required, can be changed daily, and I think bedding is changed twice, maybe three times a week. Rooms and balconies are swept and cleaned daily.

The sand/shingle beach of Lambi, which has plenty of sun beds, can be found by turning right as you exit the hotel. The nearest Supermarket, which is very reasonable and offers a good selection of products, is found by turning left as you leave the Hotel. Both should take you no more than 3 minutes to reach.

There are a good selection of Restaurants and Taverna’s close by, and more can be found in Kos Town which is about a 15 minute walk away.

In conclusion, and despite my initial cautious outlook, (hey, I’m an Accountant it’s my job to take a prudent view on reports that are presented to me!!!), I can honestly say that both my son and I had a wonderful time and have never received the same hospitality from other places we have stayed. The success of The Alice Springs Hotel are the combined ingredients of loyal and hardworking staff, and the genuine kindness and hospitality from the Hatzimihail family; George, Barbara, Elias, Maria, Little Barbara, Little George, and Killer.

As we left on Sunday morning, my son and I already knew where we would be going on holiday next year……….Yammas!!!!

Alison and Kieran

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Alicatz
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have recently returned from a week at the Alice Springs Hotel. It was our first trip to Kos and staying at this hotel. We read all the good reviews on here before we booked and we were not disappointed. So much so that we are planning to go back next summer. The location is great, a stones throw from the beach and a 20 minute walk into town. The room was basic but very clean, with towels and bed linen changed daily. We also had a good sized balcony with table and chairs. We preferred to spend our days at the beach although had a couple of days around the pool which was lovely, again very clean and plenty of sunbeds. But what made it really special was the effort that Barbara, George and Elias went to to make us feel welcome. We can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thesazzle
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just got back from 10 wonderful days at Alice Springs - my third time there and definitely not my last!! As always George, Barbara and Elias were fantastic hosts and they all work extremely hard ensuring everyone has a fantastic time. They constantly go that 'extra mile' and I can't wait to go back again very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Blondie2303
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have just returned from a second time in Alice Springs. We have never gone back to the same place twice but as it was so brilliant last year we decided to return. It was even better! George,Barbara,Elias,Maria and little George and Barbara are fantastic hosts. Lamb night is a must! Steak night fab! Outside the hotel are many bars and restaurants to choose from and Kos town is only a 15 minute walk (on safe paths..it's lovely!). Towels changed in the rooms every single day and the rooms are kept spotless. I can not think of anything negative to say it really is a great place for both families and couples. The pool area is great with a lovely atmosphere. There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas.We had a one bed apartment this year which was more than adequate for our family. I can only echo what others have said which is the lovely family that run it make it extra special!!!! We miss them already!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family