Alice Springs Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Boheme Hotel(Kos Town)
Gaia Garden(Kos Town)
View Hotel
All reviewsgeorge and barbarasteak nightlamb nightsgreat ormond street hospitalgreat holidayblue phoenixnothing is too much troublet bone steakquiz nightyear after yearlamb kleftikoperfect hostssee you next yearfresh towelslovely familyfeel so welcomebed apartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for a week last year. The staff are lovely! Good location, right near the beach and restaurants. Had various entertainment on throughout our stay, such as quiz nights. Great value.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Holly B
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family and I stayed at Alice Springs in July and had a spectacular time! The owner George and his family made us feel right at home and provided us with great advise and anecdotes about the area.

The hotel grounds are immaculate and comprised with a lovely pool, restaurant, bar and games. George's pool was the highlight for my two younger daughters. The rooms were also very comfortable, large and very clean.

My only regret is that we did not stay longer, but this gives me a reason to go to Alice Springs with my family in the future. Truly a great stay!

Room Tip: While at Alice Springs, you must have their Moussaka! Also wash it down with a Fosters beer fresh on tap!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank TCulotta
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We booked a week with Thomson at the Alice Springs Hotel and Apartments in late October to catch the late Autumn sun. As usual we booked "self catering" allowing us to prepare breakfasts and lunches as and when it suited us. On our arrival, however, it became apparent that we had been booked "room only" by Thomson and there were no "self catering" apartments available. Unfortunately and obviously my fault for not checking the paperwork, the Thomson booking form sent to me did indeed detail "room only". It was only on further investigation that I discovered another couple staying at the Alice Springs Hotel with Thomson had also booked "self catering" and been given "room only". In addition,on the bus transfer to the airport at the end of the week, we spoke to another couple with an identical problem. I find it difficult to believe that three couples made the same mistake! I wrote to Thomson on on 18th October asking them to investigate these three identical issues but after some 9 weeks I still await a reply.

However, the Alice Springs owners went out of their way to ensure that we and the other couple had a really good holiday.

The hotel is run by - as the name might suggest - two Greek/Australian families providing a truly excellent and well run facility, with a restaurant and bar providing a friendly service of well-cooked food and reasonably priced drinks.The various "food-themed" nights are great fun and well worth booking. There is a pleasant swimming pool with plenty of sun beds and a variety of sitting-out areas. Nothing is too much trouble, the facilities and rooms are clean and tidy and it is obvious that regular maintenance and some upgrading is carried out during the closed season.

The hotel's location is some 200m from a long sandy beach, there are several restaurants almost adjacent to the hotel and others within a 10 minute walk and the hotel is an easy 15-20 minute walk from Kos town centre.

The Thomson representative calls at the hotel on a regular basis which is a most useful service, as it provides details of the various events and tourist opportunities available on Kos. However, with only a little homework it became obvious that the Thomson prices were quite a bit higher than those charged in the town itself - as an example, the "3 island boat trip" when booked downtown, was nearly 20 euros cheaper than the price quoted by Thomson - so do your homework before booking with the rep!

Altogether a very pleasant week in the sun made especially enjoyable through the efforts of the hotel owners and their staff, so many thanks to George, Barbara, Elias and all the staff .

To Thomson - I still await a response to my letter regarding the accommodation issue and you should probably have a look at your pricing of the various holiday events.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
16  Thank justSKIing
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just about to go home after a lovely Autumn break in the Alice Springs Hotel. Room clean and hospitality excellent! Good location near to Beach and walking distance to Kos town. Thank you George, Barbara and Elias

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank PennyCardiff
Reviewed October 11, 2012

George,Barbara and Elias run the friendliest Hotel we have ever stayed in.
The Lamb and BBQ night are fun and the food is excellent.
They all spend time, happy to give recommendations and directions to make your stay with them
the best experience possible.
We would recommend a stay here to anyone, and will definitely return next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple