“Fantastic place, can't fault it”

Alice Springs Hotel
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed October 30, 2007

Alice Springs Hotel in Kos Town is by far the most friendly and nicest place I've stayed on holiday. George and Barbara are so welcoming and can't do enough for you.

The rooms are a good size and extremely clean (cleaned every day), with everything you need for your stay. Lovely pool, great weather, great food and drinks at pool side bar - Rita is a God send! The Thomson rep was also really friendly and helpful.

The whole atmosphere is so warm and friendly, there is entertainment organised by George and family which is well worth going to. Don't miss the Aussie BBQ night, I have not laughed so much in ages!

I went for a week with my sister on 15 Sept 2007 and we both loved the place (and the dog Goose!). Great location minutes from the beach and a 20-30 minute walk into Kos centre.

You would be crazy not to go here - I can't recommend it enough if you are looking for great value and a holiday experience to remember.

• Stayed: September 2007
6  Thank SamiP

Reviewed October 28, 2007

On arrival at the Alice Springs we were made to feel at home & welcome straight away.
The BBQ on a Monday night is a must for all, great fun that gets everybody young & old involved & mixing together.
No request was too much trouble, George even went into town & bought me an adaptor for my shaver.
All of George's restaurant recommendations were spot on & you must, must, must have Georges & Barbaras lamb Kleftico on a Friday night.
Might want to get a studio/appt next time rather than room only as very basic but always clean & fresh towels & bedding every day.
Very nice clean pool & superb service from Rita to serve you snacks & drinks & have a laugh with, & also a BIG thank you to Elios for the late bar & check-in, & even little Barbara the up & coming Johns Smiths barmaid :0)
Thank you all for a great stay, needless to say we didnt want to come home & hope to see you all sometime in the future.
Kev & (wrecker) Rebecca

Stayed: September 2007
6  Thank kevgreek
Reviewed October 27, 2007

Well what can I say - Fantastic hotel and even better hospitality!!!
My hubby and our 2 kids (aged 5 & 7) went to Kos for the 7th time and stayed at the Sophia Beach hotel (next door).
What a disaster from start to finish in our hotel! Never met such rude people in all my life! After reading reviews before we went away, loads of people had mentioned how good the Alice Springs hotel was, so after a 1st horrible day in our hotel, we went next door to check out the Alice Springs and thank goodness we did!!!!

From the minute we arrived, Rita, George, Barbara, Elias, Maria & Ellie were so friendly and welcoming. And what can I say about baby Barbara - shes gorgeous!!!!
I can honestly say that in all my years of travel, I have never met such a nice, genuine and friendly family. They were so helpful and bent over backwards to meet any requests you had etc. (my daughter has very bad allergies and everyone went out of there way to accomodate her with food etc).
We ate at the hotel every day and most evenings ate at the Sunset (fab restaurant and very friendly and accomodating too), after George's recommomendation.

The weekly BBQ, comedian and quiz nights are NOT to be missed!!! They were awesome. There is also a lamb night and although we never went (we dont like lamb), i heard fabulous reports about it too.
We spent many a night at the hotel bar, having a laugh with Elias into the wee hours!! Poor Elias was up early in the morning with his daughter too, and he never complained about the little sleep he got!!!.

Felt very much at home and very relaxed in all the families company. We also met some lovely other families there too and all in all had a fantastic time.

I am a travel agent and work for a very well known high street agent and I have recommended this hotel to everyone.
The only down sight for us is that we are struggling to get a scottish flight out to Kos, but travelling to Newcastle or Manchester is definatley worth it.

We had alreadly booked our holiday for summer 2008 and Im regretting it now as we all wanted to go back next year, but hey guys, we promise we will see you in 2009, if not before!!!!

Thanks for making our holiday the best ever.

Vicki, Tommy and kids xx

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Tinkerbelle4
Reviewed October 27, 2007

I'll be honest here. My Wife, Four Kids and I didn't stay at Alice Springs. We stayed next door. We met a couple with one child who stayed at the same place has us but said they never used the facilities in the five years they have been going their, They always go next door to Alice Springs so we decided to check it out.
Has we approached the Poolside bar we were met by Barbara (The Owner) and Rita (George's Sister ) followed a couple of mins later by George ( The Owner ). These people are the most warm hearted people in Kos and made us feel at home from the moment we sat down. Rita cooks a magnificent Breakfast consisting of Bacon, 2 Eggs, Sausage and beans with plenty of toast. The poolside area is beautiful with plenty of sunbeds, tables and chairs and sun canopy's if needed. We spoke to a few guests asking for their opinion of the rooms and not one gave a bad report. George invited us to the Quiz Night on Wednesday and we were glad we went. George has a fantastic sense of humour and kept us laughing most of the night. It was the latest night we had all week, we never left till half past midnight and our youngest had been sleeping since around 10pm.
I'll finish by saying this. We plan to go back to Kos next year and we won't settle for anything less than Alice Springs.

GEORGE .... YOU OWE ME A FANTA !

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Stu H
Reviewed October 22, 2007

This is a very well run family hotel and the owners are superb!! The room was very clean and well presented. It is well situated, only a 15 to 20 minute walk into kos town. Would definatley recommend and I shall be visiting there again soon.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lexman
Reviewed October 17, 2007

This was my second holiday in Kos this year, at Alice Springs Hotel, and was not disappointed.
We went on a room only basis, as the hotel was full, but this was fine, we asked for a fridge and kettle and this was provided willingly. The rooms are clean and adequate.
There is a pool side bar which also serves good food day and night, make sure you have one of Rita's bacon bagette's.
There is a weekly BBQ which is great fun, and weeky quiz.
George (the owner) cooks Kleftico one night a week, you will not find a tastier dish on the island.
The pool is clean with plenty of sunbeds.
Alice springs has a unique atmosphere, with 5 * hospitality.
From the minute you arrive till the time you leave, you are treated like friends,
Thank you George, Barbara, Elias & Rita see you again soon.
Ann & Pete

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank Captainannie
Reviewed October 16, 2007

We chose this hotel after reading the reviews and were not disappointed. The rooms are basic but very clean. We got more than I would have expected from 2* acommodation, fresh towels daily and bed linen changed regularly.
The hotel is ideally situated, 100 yards to the beach and just 15 minutes walk to town.
We went Sept/Oct and the pool area was quiet (no children) however I imagine it could be quite busy and noisy in the height of summer.
The family makes everyone feel as if they belong there and George remembers everyone's name (how does he do that?).
Try Rita's bacon sandwiches - they are to die for!!
Plenty of restaurants in easy reach. Istros at the end of the road was a find. Plus if you want a special meal, ask George for directions to Stadium (along the sea front past the Marina) the food was some of the best I have eaten.
I would recommend not to go on the organised tour operators trip to Turkey or the Island cruise. There are so many boats in the harbour sailing every day and for a fraction of the price, (the tour reps use the same boats).
If we were to visit Kos again we would definitely stay at the Alice Springs.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Gaia Garden
Gaia Garden
#9 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Alice Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!