1,098 results
All reviews family suite swim up bar thomas cook animation team main pool day bed italian restaurant self catering free meal bar staff evening entertainment main restaurant pool party golf buggy kids club pool towels great holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were moved from our originally booked holiday at the Alice Springs Hotel to the Pelagos Suites Hotel by Thomas Cook as Alice Springs is quite simply still a building site (we went to have a look).
We chose the Alice Springs Hotel as it was an Adults Only hotel on a B&B board basis & excellently located for Lambi Beach & the various restaurants & bars so to be "upgraded" to the Pelagos which is more of a family hotel, AI board & a bit remote was not really to our liking.
However, we did enjoy our 2 week stay at The Pelagos Suites Hotel at the end of the day. We were in room 930 which I can recommend for a couple - it is classed as a "Family Suite" (but you'd need to be a small family). This room along with rooms 928 - 932 are on the top (3rd) floor all overlooking the main pool and are all excellently located (balcony sees the sun in the morning). The daily cleaning of the room was a bit hit & miss, especially the bathroom area with the shower always flooding the toilet area. Towels were changed regularly but the beach towels were only changed on request by ringing reception although they did say they'd be changed every 2 days by the cleaning staff.
Food in the main restaurant was buffet style, breakfast was excellent, dinner became a bit repetitive so we did eat out elsewhere a couple of times. Just to add there was no problem wearing smartish shorts & sandals in the restaurant. The AI wine was poor, the vodka was a local brand (not the best tasting) & the coca cola mixers just tasted weak, the lager is served in half pint glasses or dirty plastic ones during the day & was OK, again don't expect premium brands in the basic AI package. The Italian Restaurant (one visit is included as part of the AI deal) was disappointing.
All the staff we met were friendly & helpful, we spent a lot of time at the swim up pool bar during the day with our drinks usually waiting for us. We are usually beach people but the beach is very limited here with only several tired looking sunbeds & it was too windy most days to stay there. The white corner snack bar served up excellent sandwiches (we didn't bother with the main restaurant for lunch).
This is certainly a hotel mainly for families with children in my view & the Animations Team worked tirelessly although we tended to sit back & watch from a distance rather than take part in anything.
We hired a beach buggy from the hire place next door to the hotel (I can recommend them) & spent a day touring Kos island which we thoroughly enjoyed although we didn't take part in any of the TC arranged excursions.
We wouldn't return to this hotel but only as we prefer smaller Adults Only hotels & eating out in the various greek tavernas but we had a very good holiday & would definitely return to Kos. I can't really comment on the 5* status of this hotel as I've never stayed in a 5* hotel in the UK so can't compare it with anything but this is a very good hotel from our experience.

Room tip: Rooms 928 - 932
1  Thank Yetiman1965
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a little apprehensive before we arrived as we were a couple (Alice Springs Hotel rejects) who really only like small hotels and never all inclusive. On arrival we felt any fears slowly ebb away. The room we were allocated was on the top floor (Level 3) on the end, and consisted of a large terrace the size of a badminton court and a smaller terrace with a large sunbed. The room itself I would have to say is one of the best we have stayed in on the Greek Islands. The food fayre, I would say, was varied and plentiful and by the end of our 2 week stay we were both fed up of eating. All the staff were amazing and worked their socks off and always with a smile. We had favourites of course but I believe it to be unfair to single anyone out. The upside for me was being a retired teacher it was heaven to be on holiday with no masses of teenagers. Most guests were couples our age and families with very young children. That meant a several peaceful pool visits and very quiet areas around the hotel. Was there any down sides? Well of course if you wanted to be pertantic, the Italian restaurant for us was average but OK, the restaurant at the bottom of the road we thought was also average and we preferred the food in the hotel. We walked back from Kos town a couple of times as, previously stated, taxis are a bit hit and miss but it is a pleasant stroll. The hotels Animation Team are incredible and always stopped for chat and praise goes out to Slovak, The Scots lass and the Romanian girl.
So no, it isn't a 5 star hotel by British standards but it was very enjoyable clean and tidy and not one part disappointed us. We probably wouldn't return but only because the hotel was to big for us. I would recommend this hotel to any family looking for an all inclusive holiday.

Room tip: Try to stay on the top floor.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arriving at the hotel it looked stunning, all lit up, we loved the fountains outside and the design of the reception area. Great first impressions!

Check in was swift and friendly and as we arrived at 10pm there were sandwiches, fruit and water in the room waiting for us.

I was a little frustrated when the golf buggy took us to our room after a long and tiring journey with a 3 year old to discover our room was as close to the stage and pool bar as you could get! I emailed a couple of days before we arrived to request a quiet and non-basement room after reading previous reviews. I will say however that throughout the week we were glad of this as the pool was so close to our room, so made it easier with a little one. The music always stopped at 11pm and we couldn’t hear it in our room before this anyway.

Room:
The room was fine, we were in 626 in a superior suite overlooking the adult outdoor seating area. I felt the decor of the room was a little dark, lighting dark too, and a bit cramped (king sized bed in bedroom, double sofa bed made up in lounge) for all 3 of us. We had 2 balconies which was nice (unfortunately no daybeds). I did miss being able to make myself a coffee in the morning to enjoy on the balcony.

Cleaning of room was a little
lacking, bathroom not that clean, the toothbrush holders in the room were dirty, randomly loads of toiletries left in a corner. Not very 5*. Towels changed daily, had a request pool towel change, is supposed to happen after 2 days but didn’t. Found other hotels have better systems where you can swop them out when you need to, they quickly get dirty with sand and sun cream. Our cleaner was lovely though and when we asked her for something she couldn’t do more for us.

Air con was poor, didn’t do much and we were told by reception we should not change the settings (to try to make it cooler or faster fab speed).

Bed very comfy. Curtains not blackout and we were annoyingly awoken by the cockerel nearly every morning. For us with a young child we were really hoping to get a good rest but because of this, the air con and lack of black out blinds we were tired each day. On holiday in Portugal in July we didn’t have this issue, not a 5* but we all slept till 9.30am each morning because it was dark, cool and quiet.

Of course all of the above is not the end of the world, because everything else was so fantastic!

Grounds
Beautiful, well kept, well cleaned, and looked especially pretty lit up at night.

Facilities
Loved the choice of pools, all well thought out, lots of room to swim, play, float around. Our daughter loved the shallow pool by the pool bar, most families with little ones seemed to congregate there, and share toys. Water so warm, cleaned each night so you can’t swim after 7pm but much less chemically than pools in the UK. Only gripe would be that the sunloungers were not the most comfortable.

A great hotel for kids, 3 main pools plus a separate slides pool for smaller kids (very cold!), which was right by a lovely small but perfectly formed playground and the kids club (we never used it was we were always having fun in the pool but it looked well equipped). The kids club staff were very nice when we had a chat with them and some evenings they do face painting at 8pm which our daughter loved. Good kids disco too, also table tennis, air hockey etc near the pool bar and stage. Toilets always very clean.

The entertainment staff work very hard, lots of activities in the day, yoga, rifle shooting, darts, aqua aerobics, bowls, really all sorts, and evening shows we either fab dancing (Dominika was a brilliant dancer, a real star), or limbo (sounds naff but the compare/DJ made sure it was lots of fun for everyone). Free popcorn bought out to the audience on a dance show night was a nice touch.

We also like how the animation team come and have a chat with the audience after the shows, all lovely friendly people.

The restaurant was actually a relaxing experience, unlike some all inclusive we have been on where it seems chaotic. It was a lovely place to sit and eat overlooking the pools. Staff friendly and efficient, remembering drinks and replacing them without me needing to ask.
Joana the hostess was so lovely to us and our daughter, she even made her a paper rose.

Food well cooked, lots of choice, although personally I’ve had better before, I thought they could make more effort with these nights and variety. Couldn’t really see where the kids food was but was fine for us as our little eats what we eat. Also I asked my waiter for a Mojito and he had no idea what I wanted. Strange for a 5*, I couldn’t have a cocktail with my dinner.

The Italian was very nice but ensure you book as soon as you arrive, one visited is included for free in your stay.

A little annoyance was having the pay extra for a proper coffee or fresh juice, and that the all inclusive drinks (unless you had the deluxe package) stopped at 11pm.

Mixers like lemonade were weak, as we some of the cocktails. Others were fine, not and miss. I always found something to drink though.

Food available nearly all day so great for little ones that are always hungry. If you order the day before and are going out for the day they will prepare you lunches (although no actually sandwiches, more dry snacks, water and fruit).

Area
We did the Aegean boat trip and saw dolphins swimming right beside us, magical! Just be aware Thomas Cook are expensive, boom elsewhere (I think you can book via the hotel) and book fast as these trips sell out quickly.

Beach opposite hotel was stony and unkempt, so we didn’t stay there long. Waters a beauty of turquoise though. Nice sunset and view of Turkey from here though, especially at night with a clear sky to see the stars.

We also hired a car to get out and about on the island, very old and the kids car seat was very cheap so use your own if you brought it. Also the car came with no fuel so don’t put in more than you think you might use as you won’t get your money back! Quite a few petrol stations on the island.

East coast of the island is less windy and has better beaches, Magic beach was beautiful and less busy than Paradise beach where all the tours take you to. We also found a stunning seafood restaurant overlooking Camel beach and ate lunch there. Please please use beach shoes at Magic beach as 2 metres in there are very sharp rocks and both my friend and I cut our feet.

Kefalos is great for stunning views but the palace there is now just a ruin, the Windmill restaurant and bar just along the road from the palace is a great spot to see the stunning views of the bays and sea below.

Zia sunset is pretty but book a table and get there in plenty of time as it’s super busy there (which almost takes away from the magic of the experience).

As others have mentioned there is a restaurant and supermarket next to the hotel, although on site shop is useful for last minute purchases.

Didn’t see much of Kos town, or other beaches but when we return we will explore some more. The hotel was just so nice we found it hard to leave!

In summary, we can’t wait to return, the food, facilities, staff and wow factor were all there.

1  Thank PKMat81
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our 3rd visit in 4 years and again completely faultless, from the entertainment team run by the fantastic Dominika and Boris to the brilliant restaurant waiters/waitresses and the chefs!!
Again the room cleaners, and maintenance team done a fantastic job too.

Plenty of choice at all meal times in the restaurant, themed nights were good too including Mexican and Chinese nights......

Drink selection was fine, although if you want “premium” drinks you can upgrade your wristbands.

Kos Town is a short Taxi journey away, €8 euros either way, buses are €1.10 if you buy your ticket at reception or €1.50 if purchased on the bus. These can get quite cramped in peak times though!

Highly recommend the Zia trip too the sunsets are amazing!!!

Some of the reviews I’ve read I find hard to believe unless we’ve been extremely lucky!!!

Still in my eyes it’s 5*

Until next time Pelagos!

1  Thank CConey
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was mine and my husbands honeymoon and first family holiday with our 15 month old boy.

The hotel was lovely, very clean and well kept. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, especially with our little boy.

Our room was nice and spacious, ideal having a balcony that was walled with no gaps so Thomas could go out there on his own without us worrying he would fall through a gap! (We were on the ground floor and watched him at all times).

Within an hour of checking in someone knocked on our room and gave us a bottle of bubbly and wedding card which was a nice touch.

The food overall was nice, lots of variety. I tended to get a freshly made omelette for breakfast most days, or pancakes.

There was plenty of sun loungers and parasols to go around for everyone. The pools were amazing as well.

Really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back.

We would also like to thank the friendly couple with Lily who gave us their inflatable unicorn for Thomas, he loved it and used it every day!