“Great holiday Experience”

Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Kos Town
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great holiday Experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This our second visit to the Pelagos Suites Hotel, We booked a family suite which is very well furnished and extremely comfortable. Every employee from the cleaners to the managers are on hand to make your holiday a very good experience. It is within easy reach of Kos Town with the bus stop outside the hotel. The food in the buffet restuarant is of a very high standard, vouchers for a visit to the al a carte restuarant are also given the service and food being excellent. The day time activities cater for all the family and the evening entertainment showed an improvement over last years visit. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I would choose either a junior suite or family suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cox_david16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Greek first
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks and had an amazing time. We were all inclusive and the food was very good. Only bad thing is that all inclusive at the bar stops at 2300 and you have to pay after that!
We stated in a junior family suite overlooking the main pool which was lovely. This was our honeymoon but we had no complementaries off the hotel on arrival. Rooms were clean, clean towels everyday and clean pool towels every 3-4 days. We took lots of mosquito repellant but I only got bit twice, my girl wasn't bit at all and neither was my husband.
The staff here were very friendly and looked after you well. Our little girl who is 3 thoroughly enjoyed it and had great fun in the kids water park and slides. Also we left her at kids clubs which she enjoyed. The pools are great but they are a little gritty on the floor where the stones have come loose. Our girl had beach shoes which were great cos the floor got very hot.
The location was great, bus stop right outside hotel which was €1.80 single into kos town. It was about €7 for a taxi. Bikes are available to hire for the day for about €5 so you can cycle into kos if you wanted to.
Lots of trips available in kos, we went on the 3 island boat trip called Frederick which was worth€30. Greeks are very lovely people, no hassle off them. They ask you to eat in their restaurant but when you say No thanks they leave you. Would definitely recommend Greece and this hotel. Fabulous holiday.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank LaurenOwen
essex, uk
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just came back on 29th June. Pelagos was a lovely hotel - room was really nice and spacious had a big day bed ont he balcony - airconditioning unit broke down on our first night there - 29 degrees without air con isn't very amusing, having said that they came and fixed it on the Sunday tea time, which was good as a dutch couple we met had to wait a week for their aircon to be fixed as they needed a new part. Food was fine salads lovely. The only disappointment was no complementary bottles of water in the fridge in the room, was told to buy it in supermarket then save empty bottle and get it refilled at bar! No towel exchange for sunbeds - just issued two towels at beginning of week and that was it. The staff were really friendly and nice though. Went to Bodrum on excursion which included historical ruins etc. Well the sites were nothing more than 18th century (barely there/grafitti'd half windmills) and a bit of a castle which we were allocated about 10 mins to see. Then onto the amphitheatre which couldn't get out of coach as it's on a main road and traffic was too busy. Then onto the Gold/Silver place - where they hounded us to buy the most expensive jewellery ever - and did I want to try on a pair of gold hoops (pierced) and they were only £800! When I declined, the price came down to £400, they wasn't worth £50 to be honest - it was hard selling and really got on my nerves they pounce on you and never leave off. Escaped from there into a small cafe out the back where two tiny cans of iced tea and diet coke were €6.00 - what a joke. Anyway on the way back the tour guide recommended this cafe(?) on the marina - we had lunch there, I had a lamb shish kebab and my partner a steak and we shared a plate of luke warm fries and a sald. One bottle of water one glass of wine and a beer €63! So don't bother. Pelagos was ok but the Greeks haven't got the All Inclusive quite right yet, posters on the bars for All Inclusive customers to order two drinks at a time to save time - ie they don't want the paying guests waiting! Oh and at the Pelagos there is a service for little girls to have their hair braided - only €50! So no, we wont be going back there anytime soon, not a patch on Antalya or Sharm. Oh and if you go make sure you take plenty of Jungle Formula and some citronella for the room - the maids leave the windows open when they leave so the aircon doesn't come on and it lets all the mozzies in I had 35 bits in two days.

Room Tip: We were located behind the restaurant in rooms beginning in the 800s - they overlooked scrubland but...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julieb411
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Where to start?! We stayed all inclusive as a couple and this was our first trip to Kos.
Firstly, all of the staff are utterly fantastic. They are all polite, easy to get along with and by the end of the holiday, you will most likely be friends with them all! The waiting staff in the dining area are attentive, well-mannered and exceptionally natural when chatting with you. From the cleaners to the managers, all are welcoming and show a genuine desire to give you the best possible experience.
Secondly, the room we stayed in was a Family Suite, probably for 4-5 people, and was amazing considering there was just the two of us! There were two flat screen televisions, two sinks, two showers, one bath tub, a double bed on the balcony, air con, a safe and a fridge, all included. The decoration of the room was beautiful, very chic and modern, it can match anyone's taste. It was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and soaps. The bed was very comfortable and hard to get out of in the mornings! Fortunately, the beautiful sunshine encouraged us to get up! Also, our view from our balcony was just what we asked for. We asked for a pool view (you're preference is free of charge dependent on availability), and this is what we got!
Thirdly, the pools and pool bars. There are eight pools altogether, three main pools with three children's pools beside them, one pool with slides and a children's pool with mini slides, sprinklers and so on. The two water slides for children (we and other adults are guilty of enjoying this though!), are fun and free. Two of the main pools are like beaches, you walk in rather than going up and down steps to get in and out and they are not tiled, they are stoned to show a sand affect. The biggest pool is directly next to the restaurant, has a water feature in the middle (which is soo relaxing to listen to), as well as a jacuzzi and seating by the main bar where you can relax with a drink whilst your feet are in the pool. In the other main pool there is a swim-to bar, a jacuzzi which has a small bridge to get to it (this is a lovely touch) and seemed to be the quietest pool.
Furthermore, the food was exquisite. There is something for everyone, one of us is a fussy eater and had no problems with the food! The breakfast is unbelievable! You have so many choices, from cooked breakfast, toast and bread to cereal and croissants, with lots of fresh fruit and more. There is a theme every night for dinner, for example, Greek seafood, Anatolian night, Mexican night, Greek cuisine and so on. Lunch is exactly the same with lots of choice from day to day. Also they're are so many delicious desserts! There are loads of different cakes, mousses, ice creams and fresh fruit, Greek sweets and traditional Greek dessert cooked fresh in front of you.
The hotel is only 30-35min walk to Kos Town or a 5min taxi ride which is only €8, which we would recommend. Also the bus stop is right outside the hotel which again is 5-10mins and only €1.20. Both taxi and bus has air conditioning.
There is also the hotels private beach across the road, which is free to use and all sunbeds and parasols are free as they're owned by the hotel. We didn't use this as everything we needed was by the pool but we went down there in the evening to watch the sunset and see the amazing views of Turkey.
There is a gym on site and you can go to the sister hotel down the road with free transportation if you wish to visit the spa, which is called Aqua Blu.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday and would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends of all ages.
We would really like to thank the staff who are amazing, two in particular, the first being Giorgos (or George) who is the Guest Relations Manager, we looked for him after reading reviews about him and we found that he was so genuine and natural. He was soo nice to us and made sure everything was how we wanted it. And the second is to one of the waiter's in the main restaurant called Ionut, he was very friendly and polite and we got on really well with him!
Thanks to everyone at Pelagos Suites and to anyone reading this, you would never be disappointed if you stayed at this hotel!

Room Tip: All Inclusive is worth every penny, pool view rooms can hear the entertainment in the evening but ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomandAlexS
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

In respect of hotel choice, I was very pleased that I chose to stay at the Pelagos Suites Hotel. The complex was very clean and the gardens/grounds were kept beautifully and it was a perfect place to relax. With 3 good size pools, and a mini water park which included 2 pools for kids and two pool bars to choose from it meant you could have a change of scenery if you wished. When we first arrived, (13 June 2013) it was quite quiet and there wasn’t a problem in getting a sunbed. We were relatively early(ish) risers and would be by the pool by 8.45am. Near the end of our week stay, the sunbeds were filling up rapidly by being irritatingly reserved by towels. There is a note in each room saying that if you reserve your sunbed with a towel, the towel will be taken off, but this wasn’t the case when I was there. The reception staff were helpful and the whole place had a good feel to it. The downside however was location which I will come to later.

We stayed in room 616 which is a one bedroomed apartment with a kitchen and lounge area. It was situated relatively central within the complex, but it didn’t overlook the pool, which wasn’t a problem as it was peaceful and was perfect for us. We were on the ground floor and had two balconies, one leading from the bedroom and one leading from the lounge. There was a small, free safe in the wardrobe (note: not many coat hangers!) and free air conditioning which was perfect. I chose to go self-catering as I like to have the variety of visiting different restaurants and tavernas. The rooms were cleaned, beds made and fresh towels provided daily, which to be honest I felt was unnecessary but a real treat. (Just thinking of the work for the housekeepers!) There was a shop on site, which sold most things, although just next door to the complex was a supermarket with everything you could wish for and slightly cheaper than the shop on the complex. I can recommend the cakes (donuts and croissants) and filled rolls sold at the supermarket next door! The owners were very friendly.

If you are in to your gadets and require wifi, the only place we could get wifi was in, or just outside of reception, which was a bit of a nuicance. Please be careful if using the network, as I was hit with a massive bill for picking up the Turkish network which is outside the EU and not included in my O2 travel package. However, I was refunded as they knew I was actually in Kos. It seemed to flick between the two networks. I did notice it changing, but did not realise that one was Turkish! I believe the Greek network is Cosmote and the Turkish was Avea.

I cannot comment on the all-inclusive side of things, as we were self-catering but the restaurant where people ate looked spotlessly clean and if the food served at the snack bar and Italian Restaurant was anything to go by then I expect the food was good. We used the main pool bar for lunch 4 out of the 7 days. The food was lovely and not overly expensive, however I do feel that if there was nearby competition the prices may have been lower. (Two small beers cost 4 euros 60 which I know is not overly expensive, but I have had much cheaper in other places I have stayed). On the first night and the last night we ate at the ‘Italian’ restaurant within the hotel. The food was delicious, but a very limited menu with small portions and quite expensive. I don’t mind this, but if you were feeding a family, probably not a place to take the kids. This brings me on to the only slight negative of the area. I would not have chosen to eaten in the Italian twice, (first night and last night) but unfortunately the hotel is NOT within walking distance of restaurants and bars (apart from a German bar/restaurant next door to the complex by the supermarket, which I heard was not good!)

In the brochure it said that within 900m there were restaurants and bars this is not true – well there were two restaurants on the side of the road which took about 30 minutes to walk to and didn’t look that good, and a ‘Flintstones’ bar across the road from the two restaurants and that was it! Although I didn’t go in, so I can’t really pass comment. To get a proper choice of bars, restaurants and shops you had to travel to Kos Harbour, which was lovely. You could do this by pushbike, (but not ideal if you have your best dress on!), taxi or bus. You can catch a bus outside the hotel which came every 30 minutes. (Reception will give you a time table). It cost 1 euro 20 going and 1 euro 10 back. You cannot buy a return ticket and when you return you MUST buy your ticket from the lady in the booth at the bus stop where you were dropped off. It is a straight forward journey to Kos harbour and takes about 10 minutes. However, the return journey can be an interesting experience and don’t panic if you don’t come home the way you went. You may find your journey home involves lots of country lanes, but don’t worry, you will be dropped off at the Hotel Pelagos in the end! The last bus back is at 10pm which is a bit early really. You could catch a taxi and the taxi rank is located right by the bus stop, but it will cost you between 6 and 8 euros, which is okay if there are 4 of you. Kos harbour has a lovely ambience with lots of restaurants to choose from and little shops to look in.

The brochure also states that there is a beach across the road from the hotel which is true, but there are no facilities such as a café/beach bar. Just a line of sunbeds from the Pelagos Hotel to lay on and that was it. (Hence no competition for the hotel in respect of snacks at lunch time). There is access to another beach on the way in to Kos harbour which I spotted when travelling by bus. We decided to cycle to it. You can hire cycles from reception and they cost 4 euros per bike per day. The road outside is very wide and not busy. Next to the road is a very wide pavement and most people cycled on the pavement, which then turns in to a cycle path once you pass the bend where the army boys guard what I assume is their barracks. Keep cycling and there is a turning (it looks a bit like a dirt track/road) on the left which is signposted if I remember correctly – “beach bar” (I also think this is Lambi beach). We parked our bikes up by the beach bar (with a windmill) where the food and drink was reasonably priced and delicious, it was a really chilled out place to be - either in the shade or in the sun and I would recommend it. The beach was buzzing and there were sunbeds and brollies to hire and you can swim in the sea, but you would need to keep an eye on your kids if they went in and beach/water shoes would probably be a good idea! It isn’t one of the best beaches I have ever been to, but it was much better than the one across the road from the hotel. I would recommend a trip to this beach.

We went on a boat trip via Thomas Cook, and luckily we were first on the boat as they crammed far too many people on and some had to stand for the duration or ‘perch’ on the lifeboat which wasn’t ideal. It was the first time I had been on a boat where there were hardly any chairs to sit on, but mattresses from sunbeds laid out, so you could lay down, but obviously that took up a lot of room. Apart from that, the trip was really good. We visited 3 islands: Kalymnos, Plati and Pserimos. We docked in the bay and jumped off the boat and swam in the sea which was great fun. Island two was Plati where we visited a sponge factory (which is actually a shop) and we were given the history of the sponge which actually was very interesting and then you can buy said sponges if you wished. The third and best island Pserimos is where we spent the least time (which was a shame) with a perfect little beach and lovely sea to swim in.

All in all, this was a fabulous hotel and if you are going all inclusive and are not worried about what is outside the complex then I would say this was a perfect place for you to stay. I guess if you hired a car, again, you would be okay as you could travel around. It wasn’t the end of the world that we had to catch a bus in to Kos every night, but for me, I don’t want to be right in the centre but I do like to be able to walk outside of my hotel and come across a choice of bars/tavernas/shops say no more than say a 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was hands down one of the best I have had the pleasure of staying in! This was my first time in Greece and I certainly was not left disappointed! The villa was lovely and the animation team were lively but not too much! As we went self catering there was a decent supply of cups and plates and there is a supermarket just off site. Kos town is about a 35 minute walk however I would advise bicycle hire as it only takes about ten minutes. The island is beautiful and kos town is very busy. Overall an excellent holiday!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lrcassidy
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a family suite for two weeks from 23 May this year. We were unable to get a junior suite as planned and were cautious about booking a self catering apartment as we understood they were older and we are picky so we upgraded ourselves to a family suite and it was great. Very stylish and modern and clean.We were joined by other members of our family the following week - my daughter and family - two adults and two girls aged 5 and 7 years, in afamily suite which they loved and our son and his girlfriend who could only get a selfcatering one bedroom apartment. However we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of their "older" accommodation when we visited them for a pre dinner drink on their terrace. They loved the seaview and they had plenty of space plus self catering facilities. They paid on arrival to be all inclusive. Apparently it is possible to do that on adaily basis for about 45 euros per person. If i go again I would definitely consider doing this to save money and then have more trips and eat out in Kos town whichwas verynice.

Giorgios, the PR manager was very helpful and he will reply to emails if you have any queries before you book or as you are packing to go, as I did.

The food was delicious and very varied with different themes each day. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Even the cleaning staff always smiled and said hello when you saw them. The animation team worked very hard to make everyone's stay enjoyable, greeting you with a smile and passing the time of day with you. They were very focussed on the children and got them all singing and dancing their hearts out.The sunshine song which they performed four times a day was a big hit and we have been doing it since we got home too! I feel the grandchildren have really gained in confidence since their holiday - it was a really positive experience for them and as good as an expensive performance workshop week. Though you could easily ignore it all if it is not your thing as there are quiet places to go and the hotel grounds are quite extensive. Two of the 3 pools are quiet and the beach is a few minutes away over the quiet road at the front of the hotel and it was always very peaceful there and the sunbeds and parasols are free as they are provided by the hotel. We can definitely recommend PELAGOS as a top class resort hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms good though in self catering rooms thee seaviews are particularly good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kos Aktis Art Hotel
Kos Aktis Art Hotel
#7 of 52 in Kos Town
The Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel

Been to Pelagos Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!