Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Travelocity
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

I stayed at Hotel Theonia in a group of 6. Our first thoughts were it was simple and lovely which was basic but had everything we needed for the price we paid. We were greeted by a moody, unfriendly and unwelcoming woman at reception which initially made us feel quite uncomfortable, however we stayed polite.
The breakfast, I wouldn't even class as such, with bread, warm milk, cereal and coffee all to offer.
The rooms were boiling hot and when asked why our air con wasn't working she said that we had to pay €5 a day (she was also incredibly rude about this also when she tried to charge us for an extra day and I questioned her on it).
Each time you leave your hotel room you have to hand in your key - probably so you don't lose it when you're out... understandable - however they don't provide safes in the room so you are leaving valuables etc in the hands of cleaners and whoever able to get hands on your room key when you're out. Fortunately both myself and my roommate had locks on our suitcases and used this to lock away our valuables.
Later in our holiday we decided to each get a watermelon from the local shop and thought it would be nice to eat it on the patio area of the hotel - watermelon as it is is quite a messy fruit and we cleaned up best we could. However it wasn't enough and the lady at reception came up to us later in the day rudely shouted at us and had a go at us for eating this watermelon saying were not allowed to eat it outside. There are no signs stating this and we were completely unaware that we weren't allowed to do this as she didn't even say it herself? We apologised multiple times as a group and individually however she held this against us for the remainder of our holiday and got extremely rude, not smiling at us as we came down and not even saying hello or goodbye. This made us feel incredibly unwelcome and we wish we never stayed there as it left us feeling angry and upset that we had been treated in this way.
We told her how we felt at the end of our stay saying we have been nothing but respectful towards her and her hotel and she has been rude, unwelcome and unfriendly and her response was she didn't care.
So personally I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2019

To get the good things out the way, the cleaners were good, they were very intricate with how they displayed towels and bed sheets on the beds to look more presentable with no incentive than to look nice for us when we come back to our rooms. The rooms were acceptable, average rooms covering either the pool, the entrance or buildings of Kos. One more note to add before I go into the bad of this hotel is that between he two staff members there is one lovely man who works there who was very friendly to us our whole stay and have no faults to say about his part of the hotel. To mention the bad would take ages so to make it brief it was the Staff member who runs the front desk. A sour mouthed, moody and unfriendly woman that made no attempt to make us feel welcomed through out our 10 day stay. The breakfast was scarce and had no options for anyone that is Vegan, or vegetarian at a push, and there is no mention you have to pay €5 per DAY for air conditioning in a country renowned for hot days and nights. To add insult to injury the hotel staff only tell us on our last day of the holiday about the hotel tax, which if told about on our first day we would happily pay there and then, but to leave it until our last day where money, as young adults is at a low, is an insult to ask us to pay with money we obviously would be extremely low of. Another point of poor notification is the rules they have which are NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. When we came back from our day with watermelons and ate them outside to avoid making mess, this same woman comes to us at the pool shouting at us to say that it is not allowed to eat food on the premises besides our rooms!!? There was absolutely no signs anywhere of this rule so it all fell down to poor notification by their staff.
I strongly urge people not to come to this hotel until they deal with this one awful woman. When we discussed our issues with her face to face she became even more rude saying she “Does not care”!!! A disgrace to hotel services everywhere I am disgusted to say she has put a stain on an all round very pleasant holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JoeAllen159
Reviewed June 16, 2019

The hotel is runned as family business. The staff is very polite and they really care about people. Thanks to them my vacation was awesome!!!i would like to stay longer in order to enjoy people nice food and see side

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

My sister came to visit me and booked Theonia, it is very close to town centre, the beach and nice shops, restaurants, etc. For her Wifi is not important, she has lots of GB on her phone but still I was very surprised that here in Kos, I mean in Greece, there is still a pLace without internet access. Usually all the business here have WiFi. Anyway, apart from that the room was confortable, quiet, very clean and nice over all. To be honest we didn’t use the pool that it’s quite small, cause having a nice beach so near is like, come on! Holiday in an island away from the sea sounds like a Sin. Doesn’t it? Haha! Breakfast was fine, very simple but for an amazing cheap price I think was more than fair. Friendly staff and helpful. Nice place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AdyW4315DK
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We have booked our staying 1+ month earlier and we have requested a double bed. When we arrived we have been given 2 spare beds. The staff was rude, they didn't even change our towels or sheets all the 4 days we stayed and the breakfast was really really poor and bad quality.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank renginap