Americana Hotel
Hotel Yiorgos(Kos Town)
Galaxy Hotel(Kos Town)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We had a little trouble finding the hotel once we got off the bus, but that was because we were pointed in the wrong direction by a few different people. Once we found it we were greeted by a smiling host, Chris. She was very accomodating to us and gave us our choice of rooms. Guess this is a perk if you travel off-season. The hotel was nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast each morning was a treat and she gave us more than enough delicious food to get us through most of the day. The yogurt and honey was my favorite. She told us a lot about the culture of Greece and pointed us in the right direction whenever we asked. It was a wonderful and relaxing holiday weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Kos.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Chris took care of us and our 2 young kids perfectly....from scaring the monsters away in our daughter's room to advising us on travel tips and assisting in scheduling a rental car for us on a rainy day. It was a perfect stay for us...the room was wonderful. Our daughter talked about "Lizzie"...her new best dog friend all the way home!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Having checked the recent reviews and seeing a negative opinion we felt that we should have our say. We are looking forward to our sixth visit to this hotel and over the years we have seen many changes (all for the better). Others have said much about the hotel itself so we would like to say a bit about Chris the owner. She is always very welcoming and willing to go the extra mile for her guests like providing breakfast for those who have getting up in the morning, medical help for mozzy bites, sharing pizzas and even buying & freezing our favourite Greek sausages for us to bring home. The previous reviewers must have been very unlucky to have had a bad experience. A stay here is as near perfect as you could hope for, if you are visiting Kos give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I had the most unpleasant experience at the Americana Hotel with the owner Chris.
Based on the Trip Advisor reviews, I emailed to ask about availability a few days before our scheduled arrival. I was told there was only a twin room and I can book directly using their web site. Since I didn't end up booking until a few days later, I check online to see if they had availability and the website still showed availability for a double room with 2 twin beds, so I booked it and then jumped on the ferry from Santorini to Kos. We got to Kos in the evening and decided to walk 8-10 blocks from the port. When we got to the hotel, I greeted the woman at the reception and told her we had a reservation. And immediately she shot back with a "no you don't". We were told she had declined our reservation. There was no sign of empathy, no hint of understanding or a desire to help another person, just simple "it wasn't my fault" appraoch and a great deal of attitude. She told us we should have telephoned. When we explained to her that we didn't want to use our US cell phone service, this time she scolded us with the following line. "Why do you Americans always make it so hard. You Americans always make everything very hard. My brother lives in the US as well and that's what I always tell him, too." That was too much! She had completely lost it. Not only was she willing to help us, she had decided she's going to insult a whole nation. So all I wanted was to get out of there and never to return again. At this point, she could see that she crossed a certain line and offered to call a place around the corner which she did and that was probably the only "nice" thing she did for us.
Maybe under different conditions our experience with Chris would have been different, but they weren't and I think folks should know so hopefully they don't run into her under the wrong conditions, or just not run into her at all.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WildTurkey1
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Booked this hotel after finding it on Trip Advisor, it lived well up to our expectations. Nothing too much trouble. Only booked one night but it was very comfortable, clean and inviting.

We had a suite which had two balconies, double shower, spacious room, safe and fridge.

Very easy to find, just a 10 min walk along the promenade, lots of little convenience stores nearby for wine and room essentials. Only gripe, no hotel welcome folder in the room. Had no idea how to call reception, work the air con, wifi or what tv channels/radio etc. When we had a problem with air con we didn't know how to ring reception. Apart from that, the hotel is highly recommended and we would stay again. Didn't have clue about the wifi but at least 8 people in the street had their wifi open so I just piggybacked on them as it was easier.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple