The hotel is not a five star hotel, this is a shame because it is largely the result of too many children and being overcrowded. The facilities are amazing and the staff are very friendly, helpful and kind. The place is kept beautiful.
Me and my partner spent 2 weeks in this hotel and had high expectations. This was really let down. It seems that parents do not want to take responsibility for their children when on holiday in this resort and let them run wild. Before I came to this resort I have never been bothered by children on holiday, yet it seems in this hotel it was a lot more noticeable.
We were initially allocated in block 8000 directly above the noisy piano bar which is open until 1am each night whereby people get very drunk and among the music become very loud and drunk. This was made worst by the fact we were located right by the busy stair well in an open marble area, hence noise from 6am carried and woke us up. This mean that for the first 8 nights are holiday was spoilt by not being able to get a good night sleep. I complained and reception were accommodating in moving us, however this took 3 days. We moved to block 9000 for the last 6 nights of our stay, this was marginally better but was located among families and so we still got the noise in the morning, however this was still an improvement. If you are a couple I would suggest you try and book in the adults only block, 7000, we would have done this if we had known when booking initially. On a plus side we did receive a free bottle of champagne upon arrival which I thought was a nice touch. The rooms were very small, our second room was designed for a family of 4 and included bunk beds, this in my opinion would be too small for 4 people. The room only had one draw which I imagine would not be enough for a family. We also found that the sheets and pillo cases had stains on them most of the time, which is a real shame because no one wants to sleep in a bed which looks unclean. Also, beware the hotel will charge you if you stain the room towels, this did not happen to us but we knew of a few people who got charged 20EUROs per towel which they stained. We also asked for the balcony light to be fixed in our first room which took 4 days and asking 3 times, this was disappointing because we could sit out on the balcony at night for our first 4 days.
These were very good and did represent the 5 star rating. There were lots of pools including child pools and an on-site waterpark, albeit only with 4 slides, but this was an extra touch. Towards the end of the holiday we spent most of the time around the adults pool. This was quiet and relaxing. They had an on-site spa, including a gym which we used most days. Treatments were also available at an additional cost. They have a beach across the road but you have to pay for sun beds, also the beach has shingles so we kept to the pools.
The restaurant has a main buffet restaurant which in our opinion was busy and hectic. The food was mass produced but there was always something you liked to eat. At peak times (7.30-8.30) it was chaos and there is no way you would want to spend more time than necessary eating your evening meal, largely the result of too many people and children running wild. They do have themed nights at this restaurant which were nice. The hotel also has a Greek and BBQ grill restaurant both comprising a buffet-style layout of their respective themes. The food again was okay, and was appropriate for the large hotel and number of months they needed to feed. These were less busy compared with the main restaurant as you have to book in advance. The hotel also has one al-la-cart restaurant which is Italian. This was our favourite place to eat and there was no limit on the number of times you ate there, however it did get very busy so you had to book in advance. The best thing about this hotel was that you order your soup and main off a menu and have pasta/salads and dessert from a buffet, the food was to an excellent standard and the service was brilliant. This was made possible by the fact it was mainly an adults only restaurant (except Tues and Fri). Staff could pay the attention to customers, this meant you could actually enjoy your meal in peace and quiet. They also served breakfast here and because it was located in the annex (near our rooms) we went there most mornings. I would suggest the hotel kept it an adults-only breakfast area in addition to dinner.
This was the highlight of our holiday. The animation team work throughout the day and evening to make customers' holiday's the best they can be. They provide day-time activities in the pool and across the resort. In the evening they put on fantastic shows with proper singing and dancing; I have been to other all-inclusive resorts and have found the entertainment quite naff but here it was really excellent. It was made better by the fact that the team came and spoke to us throughout the day and before the show. They were really a lovely team and work very very hard but always have a smile on their faces.
We booked three-excursions with Thomson as we were in Kos for two-weeks. We went to Turkey, this was well worth a visit but we would not recommend going through Thomson. You pay a premium which involves waiting around (we waiting 2 hours after going through customs for the ferry to arrive, we had no toilets or shade). The organisation of this trip was poor. Similarly, we booked to go on a fishing and grill day, this was advertised as a fishing trip but when we arrived the boat was considerably overpacked and we only got to do half an hour of fishing with a string rather than proper equipment that was advertised. For the rest of the day we were taken to a beach whereby they cooked a BBQ, this was enjoyable, but was not what we expected from the day. Overall we felt they falsely advertised this trip and again it was aimed at families who want a boat ride, rather than people who wanted to learn to do actual fishing. We did however, get a trip to Kia (the highest point on the island with beautiful views of the sunset), for just 1Euro after we booked the above two trips. This essentially paid for our bus fair. We had a lovely meal, the restaurant was recommended and booked by the Thomson reps. This was in our opinion the best trip out of the three and the one that cost the least!
Overall, we did have an enjoyable holiday, despite the negative points above. I think it was just a bit of a let down as we had expected so much more. We felt we did get good value for money, however. I recognise a lot of the points expressed above are not easily rectifiable for the hotel as its largely a result of the cliental and the types of families which come to the resort. I feel sorry for the staff in the hotel, they work incredibly hard but I do not feel that many people are grateful for this. I do not think I would be recommending this to friends or coming back in the future. I hope this review helps
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Resort is a recently built complex with 662 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is situated in Lambi, only 75m from the sandy beach, 2 km from the centre of Kos, 1.5 km away from the nearest shopping area and 22 km from the airport. This beautiful hotel has got a 1-storey main building, six 2-storey accommodation buildings at the main complex and 3 satellite buildings. The facilities at the Blue Lagoon Resort include the main buffet restaurant, the Greek buffet restaurant, the Grill / BBQ restaurant, the Poolside show cooking restaurant as well as the Italian a’ la carte restaurant for adults only, in which once per week also families with children are welcome. Have an exotic drink at one of the numerous bars; the Pool bar, the Piano bar with live music, the Lounge- or Sports bar or at any of the others waiting for you. If you long for something sweet, visit the crêpes and sandwich station at the main pool island. Our guests can choose between five pools; the 4000 sq meters main swimming pool for adults and a smaller of 200 sq meters for children at the main complex as well as two swimming pools for adults and one children's pool at the satellite buildings. Activities like football, tennis, mini-golf and beach volley will help you keep fit during your holidays, while the Votsalo Spa is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate your body and skin, offering a variety of beauty treatments as well as a fitness room, an indoor heated pool, sauna, steam bath and whirl pool for guests over 16 years of age. Special attention is given to the children at the Kid’s Clubs during daytime and at night professional entertainment is offered for all ages. The hotel also offers conference facilities of high standard as well as romantic venues like a Greek church or the beach for weddings. There is also a minimarket and a shop with accessories on the premises.The resort offers room facilities for everyone; no matter if you travel with friends, as a couple or a family; standard garden view rooms, pool view and sea view rooms as well as two- bedroom family rooms are available. There is also the alternative of a comfortable junior suite or a pool view room at the more quiet Adults-Only area. All the rooms are provided with air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini fridge, hairdryer, telephone, internet connection, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes and slippers. Ideal for those who need an escape for reloading their batteries, but also for those who like to entertain themselves with or without their family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Kos Town
- Blue Lagoon Reort kós
- Luca Blue Lagoon Kos
- Luca Blue Lagoon Resort
- Blue Lagoon Resort Kos, Greece