We found this hotel to be an average all inclusive hotel offering nothing particularly special. If anything our stay was mared by numerous bad parents letting their children run wild and some large groups with no consideration to other residents.
This is a large hotel situated in well maintained gardens and is probably a 20 to 30 minute walk from reception to the satellite areas of the hotel. However this is no major problem as you can get a hotel buggy from one area to another. If you cannot see a buggy when you require one a simple telephone call to reception and one will be dispatched to you. We never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a buggy to arrive.
As for the restaurants, some we found to be good while one terrible. The Italian resturant being the best, Greek and BBQ good to fair, with the main resturant best avoided.
Bars were ok, with the piano bar most civilised.
Rooms were adequate and much as you would expect from this type of hotel.
Taxis to Kos Town could be aranged by reception and never more than a 5 minute wait. However, Taxis back are sometimes impossible to obtain so be prepared to come back by bus.
As for star rating the hotel calls itself 5 star (which it is not), TUI grade it 4 T, I would suggest that in the UK it would struggle to achieve 3 star hotel status.
All in all not a place where I would rush to return. But, similarly, I would not return to Kos either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Resort is a recently built complex with 662 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is situated in Lambi, only 75m from the sandy beach, 2 km from the centre of Kos, 1.5 km away from the nearest shopping area and 22 km from the airport. This beautiful hotel has got a 1-storey main building, six 2-storey accommodation buildings at the main complex and 3 satellite buildings. The facilities at the Blue Lagoon Resort include the main buffet restaurant, the Greek buffet restaurant, the Grill / BBQ restaurant, the Poolside show cooking restaurant as well as the Italian a’ la carte restaurant for adults only, in which once per week also families with children are welcome. Have an exotic drink at one of the numerous bars; the Pool bar, the Piano bar with live music, the Lounge- or Sports bar or at any of the others waiting for you. If you long for something sweet, visit the crêpes and sandwich station at the main pool island. Our guests can choose between five pools; the 4000 sq meters main swimming pool for adults and a smaller of 200 sq meters for children at the main complex as well as two swimming pools for adults and one children's pool at the satellite buildings. Activities like football, tennis, mini-golf and beach volley will help you keep fit during your holidays, while the Votsalo Spa is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate your body and skin, offering a variety of beauty treatments as well as a fitness room, an indoor heated pool, sauna, steam bath and whirl pool for guests over 16 years of age. Special attention is given to the children at the Kid’s Clubs during daytime and at night professional entertainment is offered for all ages. The hotel also offers conference facilities of high standard as well as romantic venues like a Greek church or the beach for weddings. There is also a minimarket and a shop with accessories on the premises.The resort offers room facilities for everyone; no matter if you travel with friends, as a couple or a family; standard garden view rooms, pool view and sea view rooms as well as two- bedroom family rooms are available. There is also the alternative of a comfortable junior suite or a pool view room at the more quiet Adults-Only area. All the rooms are provided with air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini fridge, hairdryer, telephone, internet connection, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes and slippers. Ideal for those who need an escape for reloading their batteries, but also for those who like to entertain themselves with or without their family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Kos Town
- Blue Lagoon Reort kós
- Luca Blue Lagoon Kos
- Luca Blue Lagoon Resort
- Blue Lagoon Resort Kos, Greece