Visited this hotel as a party of 8 with a 1 & 2 year old 20th October for a week. The weather was fantastic which was just as we'll as even though the hotel is massive there is little for young children to do.
There are two nice small pools with small play areas but if the weather had been poor there was no indoor facility like a soft play area to occupy younger children.
The hotel itself is clean and well presented with the rooms being average but clean.
My main gripe was the food and drink.
Firstly the food breakfast was always Luke warm at best with the evening meals all buffet style suffering the same fate. Only the main restaurant and Greek restaurant were open during our stay and a lot of the hotel had closed down.
Block 9000 was empty but the pool area was open and we spent most of our holiday in this part of the hotel and had it to ourselves the drawback being having to walk to the main hotel or adult pool area to get a drink but it was a small price to pay for the peace and quiet.
The food as mentioned apart from being barely warm was to say the least average but edible.
The drinks were also poor one night I drank 4 cocktails 3 beers and two glasses of wine and hardly felt the least bit drunk.
One barman we spoke to said that the drinks they were serving were cheap and what he would serve in nightclubs as free shots to get customers in.
The beer was also cheap and nasty.
This hotel will be hell in the main season as there are about six hundred rooms and although the main pool area is vast the bar area and restaurant areas are not that big with stories of people queuing for about an hour in July and august.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere with a half hour walk to Kos town and apart from a small shop and petrol station there is nothing else in the area and I mean nothing else.
The beach across the road is probably the worst beach if you can call it that I have ever seen
All in all a typically all inclusive 3 star at best with average rooms food and non alcoholic alcohol drinks. Looks good at first but soon shows its true colours.
It was summed up by one of the barstaff who said that dispute complaints the hotel is still receiving guests on a large scale and the managements view is that why change things when they are still getting the bookings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Resort is a recently built complex with 662 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is situated in Lambi, only 75m from the sandy beach, 2 km from the centre of Kos, 1.5 km away from the nearest shopping area and 22 km from the airport. This beautiful hotel has got a 1-storey main building, six 2-storey accommodation buildings at the main complex and 3 satellite buildings. The facilities at the Blue Lagoon Resort include the main buffet restaurant, the Greek buffet restaurant, the Grill / BBQ restaurant, the Poolside show cooking restaurant as well as the Italian a’ la carte restaurant for adults only, in which once per week also families with children are welcome. Have an exotic drink at one of the numerous bars; the Pool bar, the Piano bar with live music, the Lounge- or Sports bar or at any of the others waiting for you. If you long for something sweet, visit the crêpes and sandwich station at the main pool island. Our guests can choose between five pools; the 4000 sq meters main swimming pool for adults and a smaller of 200 sq meters for children at the main complex as well as two swimming pools for adults and one children's pool at the satellite buildings. Activities like football, tennis, mini-golf and beach volley will help you keep fit during your holidays, while the Votsalo Spa is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate your body and skin, offering a variety of beauty treatments as well as a fitness room, an indoor heated pool, sauna, steam bath and whirl pool for guests over 16 years of age. Special attention is given to the children at the Kid’s Clubs during daytime and at night professional entertainment is offered for all ages. The hotel also offers conference facilities of high standard as well as romantic venues like a Greek church or the beach for weddings. There is also a minimarket and a shop with accessories on the premises.The resort offers room facilities for everyone; no matter if you travel with friends, as a couple or a family; standard garden view rooms, pool view and sea view rooms as well as two- bedroom family rooms are available. There is also the alternative of a comfortable junior suite or a pool view room at the more quiet Adults-Only area. All the rooms are provided with air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini fridge, hairdryer, telephone, internet connection, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes and slippers. Ideal for those who need an escape for reloading their batteries, but also for those who like to entertain themselves with or without their family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Blue Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Kos Town
- Blue Lagoon Reort kós
- Luca Blue Lagoon Kos
- Luca Blue Lagoon Resort
- Blue Lagoon Resort Kos, Greece