“So good, we went back a second time!”
Review of Never On Sunday

Never On Sunday
Ranked #63 of 258 Restaurants in Kos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We went here on our first night in Kos and we were not disappointed - in so far as we went back again on our trip, even though we were only there 4 nights.
Getting away from the melé in Kos Town is a premium, and at this restaurant you do not pay for that premium in the price tag. Each time we came away stuffed - for 2 people with a litre of wine and 4/5 dishes it was less than €40.
Make sure you try the saganaki, the stuffed squid was a special when we were there but have it if it’s back on the menu, and the meatballs.
I would say that this is a very ‘greek’ place - all the dishes come at once and the waiter is hard to get hold of, but go there and allow yourself to be swept up in the Greek taverna atmosphere and you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank Sam F

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

I am not one to put a downer on a restaurant but this just wasn’t for us. My wife had stuffed Kalamari and said it was just swimming in oil and not to her taste and I had meatballs which were a little dry with chips that come 5 minutes after and were still hard in places.......we did however really enjoy our starters.

I feel if I had enough enjoyed my main I would have still been hungry so if you are a big eater order xtra.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

Just off the main sheets but hidden from the main tourist areas is this cosy restaurant. They serve simple traditional dishes that are cooked well. The timing of the food could have been better (everything came at once) and, once it was busy, it took a while to get the waiter's attention, but all of this added to the genuine Greek feel. If you consider the whole menu to be meze and order 3 or 4 things at the same time between two people, the timing will be perfect. And the whole meal including wine cost less than 35 euros!

1  Thank Penr15
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

It is a bit hidden, but it is worth searching for it. The staff is super friendly. The menu small but has everything you need. Delicious and original greek food. The cheese dip was great. So were the other dishes we had (Zucchini flowers stuffed with feta and meatballs). Definitely one of the nicest Restaurants in Kos town.

1  Thank Cheremoia
Reviewed August 27, 2017

We went there with local friends and had local dishes on the small porch with jasmine flowers, everything was well made and very tasty. The service was very welcoming and family like and we were grateful for getting to know this place.