All reviewshomemade jamsyogurtfeta omelettebreakfast was deliciousgenerous hospitalityscent of jasminefamily run hotel istraditional greek hotelwonderful hostsquiet streethelpful familyconvenient locationa great place to stayspent nightslocation is excellentbus stationrooms are clean
Reviewed September 30, 2017

I have never stayed at the same hotel on Kos as I just use the Island/town a place to wait for my ferry to Patmos. This has changed. Hotel Afendoulis will be my home away from home on Kos. It was recommended to me, and the owner was kind enough to collect me from the harbour. When I entered the lobby I was warmly greeted, and met other guests who have stayed at the hotel for decades. That say everything. It is a simple, clean hotel that could use a little modernisation. But that is part of the charm. Location is great, on a quiet street, close to town. What will bring me back is the polite family atmosphere, great breakfast, and a good night sleep. Great hotel, great people.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
KiriakiDimitris, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Afendoulis, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Paul
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate every comment and modernisation is in our plans. But keeping our heritage intact at the same time. Stay tuned, more coming every new year! We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 20, 2017

The hotel is a bit old, but well maintained giving it a rustic feel. The lobby feels like a living room, so it looks like you are visiting a nice uncle, which happens to be the case!
I liked having a fan and natural air in the room, but of course air conditioning is available.
The location is safe and quiet, but it's a pleasant beach walk to the town, where the action is, but that can get tiring after a while.
However, an open air theater is operates nearby, and some dialogue gets across, but I think it's tolerable.
The local bus stop is just outside, on Vasileos Georgiou but the KTEL (intercity) bus is a bit further inland, so your travel options are well served.
But what strikes me is the utter friendliness of the owners, having a chit-chat with the guests in the lobby and the patio with a totally relaxed air.
And the famous breakfast - tastes wonderful, with naturally farmed ingredients. The yoghurt had their own jams as well to which you can also add in some honey. But I could only take the breakfast twice during my stay, there was so much - and I had to take my coffee breaks at the meeting I was attending.
So there you have it, the ingredients for a wonderful stay at Kos Town.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
KiriakiDimitris, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Afendoulis, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear leekm,

Well you did not leave anything out. Thank you for your great description and the wonderful review. We appreciate everything you said. We would love to have you here again! Till next time, have a great time!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

I've never had such kind and helpful service before. Ever. No stress, just authentic family feeling. I highly recommend it. Value for money too and the b es st breakfast.
Good people and great location.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
KiriakiDimitris, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Afendoulis, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear Kevin
Thank you for your wonderful words. It was a pleasure having here with us! We are glad we made you feel relaxed in our home. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Having had, once again, the amazing experience of a stay at the Hotel Afendoulis, we want to express again our warmest thanks to Alexis and Denise, their daughter Kiriaki and son-in-law Dimitri for their incredible gift of hospitality The welcome, the careful attention to every detail, the superb breakfasts served on the terrace, are all simply superb. Every time we go we feel we have arrived home. It's just perfect.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Harrynora,
Thank you for you wonderful words. It is always nice having you here! We are looking forward to seeing again!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

A hidden gem! We stopped in Kos for a quick 24hr trip and stayed here the first time, then returned shortly thereafter for 2 more nights. Great location set back from some of the crowds along the main beach street. Accommodations are simple yet clean and comfortable. The family who runs the hotel is amazing!! They are all so sweet, happy to provide directions and local recommendations to truly get the most out of Kos. Breakfast in the morning on the patio is a must! Would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Pamela,
Thank you for your great review! We are happy you liked our hotel and our service so much that you visited us twice! We would love to see you again! You know where we are now.