“modern and clean rooms with a very nice and helpful owner”
Review of Hotel Sonia

Hotel Sonia
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Nice pension in the centre of Kos. Sonia, the owner, welcomes you with open arms and explains everything to you with many useful tips to spend the holiday on Kos. The rooms are newly renovated and are very clean with balcony and a modern private bathroom. Sonia is very uncomplicated and answers your question before you even ask them. Also John and Afendoulis are very warmhearted and obliging. One and only place to stay in Kos-Town.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I went to pension Alexis for Easter. I have to admit that I was suspicious about the quality of their services, but when I meet Mrs Sonia and her son Afendoulis I felt that I made the best choice fir my Easter vacation. All rooms are new and they told me that they rebuilt all rooms. I can it recommend to everyone, cause it's cheap , clean , new and their hospitality is perfect!
Mrs sonia and Mr Afendoulis , thank you!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Mrs sonia and Mr Afendoulis , thank you!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Sonja was such a gracious host from the get go. She had an open room for us even though we came the day of and let us check in at 10:30! She made us feel right at home and was eager to help us with whatever we needed. The place is beautiful and newly renovated. We wish we could have stayed longer. What more could you ask for than a, clean cheap, beautiful views, close to everything and a gracious host!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Sonia wellcomed us warmly when we arrived from the ferry and offered us one cold drink, making us feel at home.
The room was small, simply furnished but very clean and quiet, as the bathroom was.
The breakfast was served in a shadowy delighful terrace with jazmin flavours surrounding us.
Sonia explained us clearly how to find the places in Kos and move all arround.

Nothing seemed to be a problem for Sonia, Afendoulis and her other son. Sonia took us friendly to the Kos Marina with her car as we had to embark.
If we come back to Kos, we will stay again in Pension Alexis.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

The location of the Pension Alexis is very good, in a quiet street near the center, and the harbour.
The room had quite old furniture, very spartan , but it was clean. What the room didn't have was the air conditioning that is really needed due to the hot climate.
You have to be ready to share the bathroom with others. You have really to ask for everything that you need when you are booking the room or it can happen that you won't have in your room air conditioning or you have to share the bathroom with others. The building is quite old. And you have to pay extra money for the breakfast and this isn't very big. Sonia and her sons make you feel well with them here - very helpful - and nothings too much trouble.
In our opinion it's ok for 1 or 2 nights, not more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

following a friend's advice, I spent my transitnight in pension alexis and was immediately taken by the homely, non-pretentious atmosphere of this lovely place in a quiet sidestreet, however in a very central location.
I was puzzeled by the friendliness of the owner Mrs. Sonja and her son and by the fact that also animals are welcome. I would recommend to any of my friends. Even though I was only in transit, I felt warm hospitality and care for the customer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
#1 of 48 in Kos Town
Astron Hotel
Astron Hotel
#19 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Hotel Sonia? Share your experiences!